BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ricklev

Best Gym In Chiang Mai

Any updates on this thread? My wife is looking for a gym which is clean and has machines and fitness classes rather than weight orientated, she would prefer a more female orientated gym if there is such a thing.

I used the Harris gym in the Lotus hotel for two months, there were lots of women working out there. They have individual training for members and a aerobic room with female trainers. Bonus is parking at Kad Suan Kaew, you never have to go out in the rain.

There is a new gym going up right now on Chiang Mai/Lampang Rd. called Chiang Mai Fight Fit. The Thai owner has a lot of expat friends who apparently gave him input as to what expats like in a good gym. I know nothing else other than the name and they do have a Facebook page showing the construction along with a map. Just search for the name on FB. Looks like the website is not up and running yet.

Expensive Powerhouse has turned in to a fart house as each morning I come in to the gym and the place smell disgusting, worst in the bathroom. I put up with it for a while then cancel my membership for over 7 years I was there.

Apparently Powerhouse gym is moving to Hang Dong soon. I suspected something was up when they actually offered me a decent deal on a 1 year membership without me having to haggle a bunch.

Apparently Powerhouse gym is moving to Hang Dong soon. I suspected something was up when they actually offered me a decent deal on a 1 year membership without me having to haggle a bunch.

Wow really! What did you get? They knocked off a measely 500 bht for my year membership. When are they moving locations? Thats actually probably better for them as i personally cant stand the tiny little areas for people....maybe they are getting a bigger space. But sucks for me as i chose the spot as its near my home.

Wow really! What did you get? They knocked off a measely 500 bht for my year membership. When are they moving locations? Thats actually probably better for them as i personally cant stand the tiny little areas for people....maybe they are getting a bigger space. But sucks for me as i chose the spot as its near my home.

They offered me 10,700 baht for a year which you normally can get, but only after haggling with that annoying front desk woman.

She never seems particularly friendly or interested in her job, except when it comes sales/membership negotiating. You'll see her light right up when your membership is close to expiring. I suspect the desk girls get a % of whatever they sell you a membership for.

There is a new gym going up right now on Chiang Mai/Lampang Rd. called Chiang Mai Fight Fit. The Thai owner has a lot of expat friends who apparently gave him input as to what expats like in a good gym. I know nothing else other than the name and they do have a Facebook page showing the construction along with a map. Just search for the name on FB. Looks like the website is not up and running yet.

I checked them out on Facebook. They are into the martial arts from what I could see there. Several different styles all the way down to or up to depending on your point of view Yoga.

I have read many different threads on gyms. Always wondering where they have a gym for general purpose like the Central Dongtawhan. Sorry about the spelling it is on Loi Kroh near the night bazaar. It had every thing I needed for just general work out the problem was they did not keep it in condition. Many of the gyms I see discussed are the same not kept in condition dirty or the poster is looking for one where he can become a body builder.

It would also be nice to find one with a qualified trainer who does more than chat with he girls. Don't need continual monitoring just get me a set to keep me in shape.

That wouldn't do the business any better. Who would want to go through the bottle neck of that road each morning or evening!

I believe Powerhouse isn't moving, but, rather, is opening up another branch near 'The Game'.

I believe Powerhouse isn't moving, but, rather, is opening up another branch near 'The Game'.

This.

You can see a picture of my car on the poster for the new gym location. I just happened to be parked there when they rolled up and took the photo. This fact alone gives me first hand knowledge and credibility to post here. I should be taken seriously.

I have asked the lady at Nimman several times, but they have no answers regarding what the rates will be, or if your membership from Nimman Powerhouse will allow you to use Kad Farang Powerhouse.

Further they are also building a "Health Club" somehwere else. But It's not a gym...??

Further and moreover, the new gym at Kad Farange is a "boutique" gym. The space it will be in is pretty small looking.

But don't worry. There will be promotions coming soon.

The Powerhouse at Kad Farang is supposed to Open November 25th

Rgs

SM

Has the new gym on east side of moat been mentioned between Loi Kroi and the moat gas station.

It is on a side street and just saw it the other day. No a/c by looks of it but it may be at Go Gym prices.

Any one have used the Mini Gym (brand new and its name) on the middle ring road between Rimping and NIS - north side?

small and no pool but everything is new and clean. mainly cardio and machine weights with virtually no free weights..Towels and day lockers included

Expensive at 24K a year but might give it a 3 month (2,600 Baht a month) trial as location is great for me...

Any feedback?