Best Gym In Chiang Mai

ricklev

There is another hotel opening very soon in the Night Bazaar across the street from Starbucks and Burger King that is supposed to have a good gym. Anyone know the name (which I think is French)?

Le Meridian is opening soon and rumored to have a good gym with a pool.

Le Meridien

The gym at Centara Duangtawan (4th Floor) is great. Good equipment, steam bath, sauna, jacuzzi, beautiful pool with a fantastic view over the Doi Suthep and the City, not too crowded. Membership 7,500 K or 8'000 K / year. Membership also includes a card with special discounts on food, drinks and accommodation at the hotel.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMHO the gym at Centara Duangtawan is not all that great. The jacuzzi is almost always cold - so useless - and the swimming pool is very shallow and L shaped, so it is often filled with kids playing games and making swimming laps very difficult. Also, the equipment is OK, but not a lot of it, so it can be difficult using some of the machines as some members use them for over an hour at a time. :o

I wonder when is the best time to use California WOW though. I just don't like it when its so crowded. Early morning or late night or mid-day? Thanks.

BTW, if you are looking for membership, try to get a lifetime membership as it is really cheap (I got mine for only 15000 and it can be used at all California WOWs in the country)

I wonder when is the best time to use California WOW though. I just don't like it when its so crowded. Early morning or late night or mid-day? Thanks.

BTW, if you are looking for membership, try to get a lifetime membership as it is really cheap (I got mine for only 15000 and it can be used at all California WOWs in the country)

I've been going every day this week, from about 8 am until 11 am, and while there are plenty of people, it is not so crowded that I can't get on a treadmill or cycle. Even at that early hour it seems the treadmills up front are mostly filled up, but the ones upstairs are mostly empty. Haven't been there during other hours...

• 2 months later...

I'm very happy with the Powerhouse Gym (near the Amari Rincome). Joined a couple of months back. But then I'm trying to get fit again, and fluffy towels/jacuzzis are always conducive to that goal.

For a modern, properly equipped gym without the frilly extras, various group fitness courses, and enthusiast qualified personal trainers for those prepared to pay a bit more, it fits the bill for me.

I was looking for a Gym around 6 months ago and could only really find fitness centers, which to be honest was not really what I wanted. I then was told about the Gym at Tanawan 2 complex, its perfect for free weights and just basic weight training, there is some cardio machines such as rowing and running machines but also alot of free weights which is what i wanted. I joined after visiting a few times, it cost me 960 bhat for the year that includes a membership for the full size swimming pool, with the membership each session is only 20 bhat without it its 50 bhat each session for the gym and 40 for the pool. I went at different times to start with then i worked out its usually empty when it opens at 7am well apart from me. gets a bit busy around 9ish then thats it until 5pm then its gets a little busy. it closes each night at 8pm. the only downside to it really is that it closes on a Monday.

When I swam at the Amari I was a guest of the hotel. What a pool though.

They use to have outside memberships but no longer.

One of the outside members who was no longer able to swim at the Amari built his own pool. I understand he sells memberships for

swimming in his private pool. I heard it is one nice pool, anyone know where this pool might be?

One of my near term goals besides buying a new mountain bike is to find this pool.

We move to CM this September.

Thanks in advance

I was looking for a Gym around 6 months ago and could only really find fitness centers, which to be honest was not really what I wanted. I then was told about the Gym at Tanawan 2 complex, its perfect for free weights and just basic weight training, there is some cardio machines such as rowing and running machines but also alot of free weights which is what i wanted. I joined after visiting a few times, it cost me 960 bhat for the year that includes a membership for the full size swimming pool, with the membership each session is only 20 bhat without it its 50 bhat each session for the gym and 40 for the pool. I went at different times to start with then i worked out its usually empty when it opens at 7am well apart from me. gets a bit busy around 9ish then thats it until 5pm then its gets a little busy. it closes each night at 8pm. the only downside to it really is that it closes on a Monday.

I live just around the corner..it takes me less than 4 minutes to walk there.

I might just see ya, look for the "mini-whale" bobbing around towards the deep end..

I wish the TV upstairs had a DVD player on it though..

I live just around the corner..it takes me less than 4 minutes to walk there.

I might just see ya, look for the "mini-whale" bobbing around towards the deep end..

I wish the TV upstairs had a DVD player on it though..

Where exactly is the Tanawan 2 complex?

Archived