Where has all the beer gone ?

chris2004

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best supermarket has put up their prices already. LEO before was 46 baht a big bottle, now 54 baht. That is an 18% increase in prices!facepalm.gif

LEO at the wholesale outlet was sold in HDY for 495 THB the box or 41,25 THB/bottle. The new price is 552 for a box or 46 THB/bottle. Thus the tax increase is 4.75 THB per bottle (630ml)

Guess I'll have to make do with my stash of Coronas, Carlsbergs, Budweisers and Hoegaardens.

Why would you stash Bud, run out of drain cleaner?

Have you ever tried the Czech Budweiser?
Yes. And?

And pick a fight somewhere else, cos you bore me already

I'm staying home tonight. There'll be Falang rioting in the streets if the Bar Beers have run dry.

Oh wait, no beer, no drunk Falang? It's a chicken and egg sort of situation.

Nuh, I'll stay home. coffee1.gif

LOL... Brilliant! But seriously 48 baht for Chang. Is there a protest planned?

Best supermarket has put up their prices already. LEO before was 46 baht a big bottle, now 54 baht. That is an 18% increase in prices!facepalm.gif

LEO at the wholesale outlet was sold in HDY for 495 THB the box or 41,25 THB/bottle. The new price is 552 for a box or 46 THB/bottle. Thus the tax increase is 4.75 THB per bottle (630ml)

I managed to get a case of Leo on Thepprasit Road but they charged 590, up from 495, up 20% !! A lot of profiteering going on.

Last I heard, the government had announced the tax increase and the date it is to start, but it is yet to go through parliament. (I could be wrong here.) So the problem is no one knows if the tax increase is going to happen. This would explain the confusion in the supply chain as to the cost.

along the lines of what i have been told

asked the wife last nite why tesco makro 7/11 have no beer she said the price has not been fixed by the government yet

crazy

As a shareholder in Carlsberg I am happy.

The price increase is a tax hike and so will not provide any additional profit for the brewers. In fact one of the reasons for increasing alcohol taxes is to reduce consumption, and hence reduce brewers' profits even more.

As a shareholder of several brewers and alcoholic drinks conglomerates I would rather hear about a tax cut than a tax hike.

The single big bottle price at Best Supermarket was 46 Baht, now it is 54 baht, that indeed is an 18% increase.

Today I bought a box of 12 big bottles of LEO from the Wholesaler in soi Yume near Big C Extra. The price was 610 baht. Previously it was 495 baht for a box of 12. Buying that box bulk has gone up a staggering 23%.

Guess I'll have to make do with my stash of Coronas, Carlsbergs, Budweisers and Hoegaardens.

'Bud'....?..cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif
You stick to your Leo's. I'll drink, my Euro beers

Coronas and Buds - "Euro beers"..........

Budweiser, Carlsberg and Hoegarrden...all Euro. Or didja leave yer atliss at home Forrest??

Budweiser, Carlsberg and Hoegarrden...all Euro. Or didja leave yer atliss at home Forrest??

Last time I checked Budweiser was an American brew (I don't think we are talking about the Czech version?) And since I only referred to Bud and Corona in my reply I suggest you put your glasses on.......for Forrest's sake!

Last time I checked Budweiser was an American brew (I don't think we are talking about the Czech version?) And since I only referred to Bud and Corona in my reply I suggest you put your glasses on.......for Forrest's sake!

Well Forrest, go back through the thread where I describe the Bud as the Czech version.

• Like 1

I managed to get a case of Leo on Thepprasit Road but they charged 590, up from 495, up 20% !! A lot of profiteering going on.

I urge everybody to find out the wholesale places, the place where the trucks unload their beer from either the LEO brewery in Nakon Pathom or Samut Prakan. Then you will get beer with a filling date not older, or even better than one week. The beer then has to be stored in a refrigerator, to keep the smoothness and the freshness. Beer from any other store might have been sitting at 26 to 34 degrees centigrade for 2 weeks or months already. I consider this beer as dead, it turns bitter, leaves a sour aftertaste and the smoothness of the bubbles is gone. Compare or make a blind test if you do not believe it.

Moreover you will pay correct prices.