True Vision Questions - Check here first

astral

• 1 month later...

Is this another true visions scam? On the whole of the last page of last Sunday's Bankok post, there is a huge colour advert for the Disney Channel, Channel 37. Written in large letters it clearly states that this is now available to ALL subscribers. I have a Gold subscription, which when I signed up, 4 months ago, I was told that it would get me All Gold channels. However, I now find that some of the BBC channels which I particularly wanted are GoldA and not part of my subscription. It seems that Gold isn't one down from Platinum at all but has many different addons!! I have 2 boxes but am told it is not possible to have different packages on each one. I thought it depended on which card you had in the box.

• 7 months later...

Got my true around the same time as you. Now we are getting some sort of message about the end of September a concession is running out (gov't scam) and they reformed into a new company. We need to register or some such. There website is gibberish, you need to sign up before you even know what you are signing up for. Needless to say, I won't. Does this mean that come 30 September, my service will end? Even though they made me sign some contract for 1 or 2 years? I hope so!

• 10 months later...

I have asked this ? before but no one responded, guess most people on TV don't care about Channel 3,5, and 7 .. but considering the fight (Paquino vs Mayweather) was just on channel 7 i thought id ask again.. Whats the deal with True vision NOT broadcasting these channels in HD, not only are they not in HD, but they are in super LOW definition, it's outrageous how BAD the quality is.. it looks much worse than it did back when TV was in analog... what is the deal with that, i suspect since True has it's own stations and Thai shows, this is an attempt to steer viewers towards their channles..

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

TrueVisions May Stop Showing HBO, Cinemax Sunday

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter -

GOT.jpg

Promotional image from HBO’s ‘Game of Thrones.’

BANGKOK — Winter may never actually come for “Game of Thrones” fans in Thailand next year after the kingdom’s leading cable provider said it will drop HBO along with five other channels.

On Sunday, TrueVisions will drop six channels, including all of HBO’s channels and Cinemax, due to unspecified business issues, according to a member of the national telecommunications commission.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/business/2016/12/26/truevisions-may-stop-showing-hbo-cinemax-sunday/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-26

On 26/12/2016 at 0:34 PM, Jai Dee said:

TrueVisions May Stop Showing HBO, Cinemax Sunday

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter -

GOT.jpg

Promotional image from HBO’s ‘Game of Thrones.’

BANGKOK — Winter may never actually come for “Game of Thrones” fans in Thailand next year after the kingdom’s leading cable provider said it will drop HBO along with five other channels.

On Sunday, TrueVisions will drop six channels, including all of HBO’s channels and Cinemax, due to unspecified business issues, according to a member of the national telecommunications commission.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/business/2016/12/26/truevisions-may-stop-showing-hbo-cinemax-sunday/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-26

BBC "Entertainment" also!

I guess True have a monopoly....

On 2/2/2016 at 8:16 AM, kingalfred said:

Does the true vision digi receiver box have audio out connection so can link to sound speakers?

My latest box has HDMI output and video(yellow connector)and left (white connector)and right(red connector) audio output.  I have the TV hooked to the HDMI and the audio output going to the input of an amplifier  that is hooked to my speakers. You can't hook the output directly to speakers without an amplifier.

They have dropped the channels as stated and have added others.  However, they have not sent out the January TV Guide, the on line TV guide still has the old channels,  the  programing on screen is in Thai and there is no information in the explanation box.  Their programming Department must be part time with full time jobs at 7-11.  What a joke!

Yes all HBO channels have gone and Red I also see that BBC E has also gone as well , At the moment its a mess with the new replacement channels as the replacements have more ads than movie . I am lucky as I only paid up to Feb the 4th I think its time to take out a sub with Netflix and dump Truevision as I am paying 2000 Baht a month for True visions platinum package and the new channels are a JOKE but I bet its cheaper than HBO package . As for BBC E I never knew that was part of HBO as I paid extra to get BBC E over the years they dump it then re start it again with a new price tag .

Does any one know why Truevision keeps blocking the BBC when News items from Thailand come up , I was waiting to see about the flooding in the south of Thailand but when ever the topic come up on the BBC its blocked out , I fully understand why some items are blocked but flooding is not one of them . Just checking to see if the trains are still running from the south to Bangkok . I know many of the basements in the big stores in Hat Yai are underwater due to the amount of rain .

True is also blocking coverage of Thai news on NHK including coverage of the bad weather. It is nothing less than some brain dead supernumerary at True following the directives of Paranoia Chan Ocha. We are to have our minds reframed so that there is only positive attitude to Thailand. Little does he know that we can see through all this attitude readjustment.

But before long I will be cancelling my True subscription. Dhanin is a tool of the regime, I already boycott CP food products and very soon my boycott will include True Visions, True Online and True Move. I am not going to accept a continuing degradation of product delivery in the name of licking the ass of the regime.

• 2 weeks later...

Well there blocking programs again today regarding driving in Thailand I dont understand why ?  I was not aware that they where doing the same to NHK regarding the bad weather in Thailand . But they dont just block the items from Thailand half the news is cut even the weather forecast. You can see the missing items on the BBC web site but what the point in paying for BBC news with half missing . Yes I am lucky my sub finishes  early February and like you I wont be renewing  .Mine you with removing HBO and BBC E and replacing them with channels that have more  commercial breaks than movies .

• 2 weeks later...

NOGEO: TrueVisions to drop 11 more channels: NBTC

By  Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

natgeo.lion_-696x505.jpg

BANGKOK — Subscribers of the country’s largest cable provider will have even less to watch with news emerging it plans to drop nearly a dozen more major channels.

TrueVisions told telecom regulators that it will discontinue 11 pay-TV channels including Discovery, BBC Entertainment and National Geographic, a member of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission tweeted Tuesday night.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/business/2017/02/01/nogeo-truevisions-drop-11-channels-nbtc/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-02-01

True Visions to close another 11 cable channels

900_True1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- True Visions has notified the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) that it will stop airing 11 channels after the cable broadcaster stopped broadcasting six channels last December.

Ms Supinya Klangnarong, one of the commissioners, said Wednesday that the 11 channels that will be blacked out include Discovery Science, BBC Entertainment, National Geographic, Cheebies, Discovery Kids, M, DMAX, EVE, Block A and Fashion.

Two of the six channels that stopped airing last month are HBOs and Cinemax.

Ms Supinya said that committee had not yet allowed True Visions to stop airing the 11 channels because the company has to submit its plan on how to compensate its subscribers who have subscribed to different packages offered by the company from three-month up to one-year and have paid in advance.

She said that the NBTC’s sub-committee would invite True Visions’ executives to explain its compensation plan on February 7.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/true-visions-close-another-11-cable-channels/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-02-01

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

True Visions to close another 11 cable channels

900_True1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- True Visions has notified the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) that it will stop airing 11 channels after the cable broadcaster stopped broadcasting six channels last December.

Ms Supinya Klangnarong, one of the commissioners, said Wednesday that the 11 channels that will be blacked out include Discovery Science, BBC Entertainment, National Geographic, Cheebies, Discovery Kids, M, DMAX, EVE, Block A and Fashion.

Two of the six channels that stopped airing last month are HBOs and Cinemax.

Ms Supinya said that committee had not yet allowed True Visions to stop airing the 11 channels because the company has to submit its plan on how to compensate its subscribers who have subscribed to different packages offered by the company from three-month up to one-year and have paid in advance.

She said that the NBTC’s sub-committee would invite True Visions’ executives to explain its compensation plan on February 7.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/true-visions-close-another-11-cable-channels/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-02-01

Quoted for readability.

They are working hard to get rid of the remaining foreign customers.

Cancellations of channels comply with rules, says TrueVisions
By WATCHIRANONT THONGTEP
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- TRUEVISIONS YESTERDAY insisted that its customers had been informed in advance about its plan to stop broadcasting Discovery Science, National Geographic and nine other channels, and it thus had complied with broadcasting regulations.

The country’s largest subscription-based TV broadcaster issued a statement on the matter after a member of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) revealed that TrueVisions was seeking approval for the cancellation of 11 channels. 

The other nine channels on the chopping block are: BBC Entertainment, Cbeebies, Discovery Kids, M, DMAX, EVE, Block A, Fashion1 and MUTV. The details on when the cancellations will become effective have not been disclosed yet.

In its statement, the company reasoned that the operators of those international channels wanted to discontinue their services in Thailand and other markets in Southeast Asia. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/corporate/30305495

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-02

I and several friends have cancelled True. There are MUCH better real HD options available with MUCH more choice. I have been a UBC client for 15 years. They offered me a 50% discount!!!

I told them what I thought of that. Thailand needs a completely new system....

4 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Yes i find the Great British Bake Off and Come Dancing too challenging.

I agree that BBC Entertainment was rubbish. Ancient shows broadcast over and over again. It's no loss ( I did enjoy The Great British Bake Off on BBC Lifestyle though!). There is a new BBC channel but True Visions will not take it.

I now stream everything and get all UK channels. It's mainly drama, documentaries and current affairs I'm after!

Current Truevisions Platinum channel list:

TruevWebPlatinumHighlighted.jpg

This Platinum channel list is from the web site: http://www.truevisions.info/ช่องรายการทรู

The highlighted channels are not in the Gold channel list.

The photocopied list from the True shop was slightly different - no channel 557, but the web site says you get it.

I'm planning to cancel my True subscription as they cancel more and more channels.

now I read somewhere here on the forum that you can cancel for free until the end of February.

unfortunatelly I can't find this information anymore.

can somebody please send me the link to this statement so I can use it when I cancel my subscription.

On 08/02/2017 at 11:12 PM, merijn said:

I'm planning to cancel my True subscription as they cancel more and more channels.

now I read somewhere here on the forum that you can cancel for free until the end of February.

unfortunatelly I can't find this information anymore.

can somebody please send me the link to this statement so I can use it when I cancel my subscription.

Just cancel

Nobody in their right mind would put up with True anymore. They are rubbish

Get an IPTV set up 

MUCH more choice MUCH higher quality and half the price

Just cancel it outright and request your refund (2,000 baht I think) for your set-top box.

Your subscription is a contract.

They broke the contract by cancelling major channels.

You are entitled to cancel it with no fees.

That's what I did and there were no problems at all.

They did try to offer me a discount, but I told them that the channels I wanted were no longer being offered so I longer wanted to subscribe.

Money back in 30 days.

I guess that I would be one to disagree that True Visions is a waist of money for me.  I have three boxes, pay for two, the third one is free.  I also have the Platinum Package, so my monthly charges is 2592.78 baht.  Yes they have cancelled HBO and replaced them with other channels, most of the channels that were replaced when they contracted with HBO.  However the re-runs that were constantly playing over and aver again on the HBO channels and cinemax are now playing on the replacement channels along with reruns of programs that were on the other channels before HBO.  There are actually some new series showing on the Sony channel.  But I mostly watch CNN and  live sports and they show sports live, all be it in the middle of the night.  I just watched the Welsh open Snooker final this morning, second session started at 0200, Bingham won in an extremely good match!  They show EPL, American football, Rugby, NBA, Baseball, and many more.

I have to have DSTV as any streaming options are out for me due to my remote location and one of the set top boxes is on 24/7 as I have them wired into my home stereo system, 6 speakers, and when not watching TV I use one of the music channels, channel 701,  which is non stop continuous soft hit music 24/7.  So I am listening to, and enjoying, either TV or music from True 24/7 and think that it is a wise investment for me.

And at my age, there are less re-runs and I never eat leftovers!

• Like 2