True Vision Questions - Check here first

astral

On 2/25/2020 at 8:04 AM, Orton Rd said:

No idea what that is

4K gives you four times the pixel resolution of  'regular' HD which is 1080p.  It's also known as UHD or ultra high definition. On a big enough UHD/4K TV screen, you should see a significant improvement in the picture quality. I'm not sure how many of the channels have the 4K resolution available, it may only be the one, showing Premier League games.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just had a True Inno Hybrid+ box installed a couple of days ago. It was included in their 999 Baht fiber package.

My Samsung HD TV is a few years old and has a AA59-00801A remote.

Anyone know how to change the language to English when a show displays "Dual Language" at the top right?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, thaitanic said:

Just had a True Inno Hybrid+ box installed a couple of days ago. It was included in their 999 Baht fiber package.

My Samsung HD TV is a few years old and has a AA59-00801A remote.

Anyone know how to change the language to English when a show displays "Dual Language" at the top right?

My girlfriend worked it out. Press OK on the True remote > navigate right using the ring surrounding the OK button > click on the subtitles icon > choose "Original" language.

• Thanks 2

On 5/24/2020 at 2:59 PM, thaitanic said:

My girlfriend worked it out. Press OK on the True remote > navigate right using the ring surrounding the OK button > click on the subtitles icon > choose "Original" language.

Oh my Buddha, this has had me stumped for days. Praise be to your girlfriend! Cheers!

• 6 months later...

Is anyone with the new True ID TV box using the 7-day catch up feature much and if so, how is it?

I have the True ID app on a Xiaomi Mi box and it uses the same interface as the True ID TV box (which is very different to the True ID app on an Android device such as my phone) but when I watch anything on catch up, it buffers constantly, freezing about every 15 seconds.

Is the catch up play smooth on the actual TrueID TV box, normally?

• 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, stament said:

is it necessary to use the True box or can you use your own android box and still access True channels?

You should be able to access the True channels using their TrueID TV app on any Android device.*

Which channels you'll get depends on your subscription (if any). If you don't have a subscription you'll only get the FTA channels which are pretty much all in Thai, as far as I'm aware.

*I used to have a very old Android box which the TrueID TV app didn't run on but any recent device should be OK.

There's even a version specifically for genuine Android TV boxes (those actually running the Android TV OS).

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Does anyone else with the TrueID TV Android box have problems with the remote?

On mine, there's a distinct lag any time I press a button. In fact if I haven't pressed any buttons for a while, the first one or two presses are ignored. Even after the box starts responding to the remote, it intermittently ignores the "left" or "down" navigation buttons.

This doesn't happen if I use the True ID TV app to link my phone to the box. If I do that and use myth phone as a remote, the response is immediate.

So I think the problem is with the actual remote but I want to find out if it's just my remote that has this problem or everyone's.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Is the picture quality identical between watching Truevision channels via a TrueID box or via their cable box? The picture quality of most of the channels I watch via TrueId is so pi$$ poor and I wonder if the quality improved if I’d get a box to connect via coax cable. Does anyone know? 

I guess the answer will be that the max resolution will be 720p or so regardless of the box/technology used but I thought it can’t hurt asking the pros here.

Cheers!

Edited by DUS

13 hours ago, DUS said:

Hi,

Is the picture quality identical between watching Truevision channels via a TrueID box or via their cable box? The picture quality of most of the channels I watch via TrueId is so pi$$ poor and I wonder if the quality improved if I’d get a box to connect via coax cable. Does anyone know? 

I guess the answer will be that the max resolution will be 720p or so regardless of the box/technology used but I thought it can’t hurt asking the pros here.

Cheers!

I have both a TrueID TV box and a coax-connected "set-top box."

In my subjective opinion, the set top box has better picture quality (is less pixelated) and in addition it is more stable - no buffering or pausing (which although infrequently, does happen occasionally with the TrueID TV box).

Being able to attach a USB device for pause and rewind of live TV and scheduled recording is a big plus, as well. 

Although the TrueID TV box has pause and rewind, it's very cumbersome to use in my experience and the 7 day catch up isn't as good as being able to record just the shows you want (IMHO).

However I'm not sure that the coax boxes are still available for new subscribers - I don't see them mentioned as an option in any of the currently advertised True packages.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

In answering my own question above, I can confirm that the resolution of the channels via (coax) cable is by far superior to the one when streaming the channels via TrueID. I upgraded the Truevisions package for the sake of finding out, and the picture quality of the footy channels etc is way better now. That’s using their Inno Hybrid box. On a large screen it’s like day and night for me …..

Not saying paying for their premium packages is worth the money just for the improved picture quality. Just saying it’s more than noticeable.