BANGKOK
astral

True Vision Questions - Check here first

I'm about to order the  components to build a new PC so the fun starts all over again for real!

The ORICO Rep emailed me back and pointed to the reviews of the product on the Lazada website.  The first one says มีแต่ช่อง usb 3 ไม่มีช่อง eSATA  which translates to 3 USB ports no eSATA.  So the unit is the 6518US3 not the 6518SUS3 and compares to the ORICO price of 990 baht.  Don't order it it won't work order the one from ORICO.

2 hours ago, wayned said:

The ORICO Rep emailed me back and pointed to the reviews of the product on the Lazada website.  The first one says มีแต่ช่อง usb 3 ไม่มีช่อง eSATA  which translates to 3 USB ports no eSATA.  So the unit is the 6518US3 not the 6518SUS3 and compares to the ORICO price of 990 baht.  Don't order it it won't work order the one from ORICO.

correction:  should say 3.0 USB port, not 3 USB ports.

I just received another email from True admitting that they np longer offer PVR and that there are continuing problems but they will "attempt" to sypport the units already installed.  After seeing this I woyls reccommend that you not spend the money to buy something that id obsolete and may or may not be supported in the future.  I have removed "PVR' from my grocery list.  Here's the email that I received:

With reference to your email, as we informed in the previous email that we stop developing the PVR software so we are unable to assure that the service will be working properly or not. However, we would like to inform you that for the Platinum subscriber can still get a Free service charge for PVR service and/or if you have a problem with your set-top box we still have the set-top box that supported for PVR function for replacement.

Besides, if you are activate the PVR service and have the issue about blank or freezes screen, kindly be informed that there are 2nd option to solve the problem as below;
1. In case the screen freezed, please press pause and play on the remote as the picture below;

image.png.f69ec8f804bbd9ba0393ba2803d074e6.png
2. If you found a blank or black screen, you can press rewind to watch the programs that you recorded.
image.png.b8d2994ea92a3dc53eea601cfecbc438.png

And we would like to suggest our TrueID website at link: https://tv.trueid.net/
We have one of the very fast and efficient channels to contact us, please be invited to use LiveChat via Link: https://chat.truecorp.co.th/v1/web_chat from 9:00-23.00 every day.

Sincerely yours,
Kant W.
Correspondence Support
Email:truevisions_care@truevisionsgroup.com

True Visions Public Company Limited
118/1 Tipco Tower, Rama VI Road,
Samsen Nai, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400

the picture of the remote in their blurb doesn't look anything like the one that I have and there are not even buttons with the same logo.  The last parts for my new computer will arrive tomorrow, so on the the next project with more money to spend since I've trashed the PVR idea.

Posted (edited)

Does anybody know what the Yellow FTA button is supposed to do at the bottom of the screen?

IMG_0378.thumb.jpg.271096ec24e9eb0333c151091ce98824.jpg

Edited by NE1