True Vision Questions - Check here first

astral

Begining yesterday it looks like TrueVisions dialed down the color saturation by 50%, at least on the channels I watched (F1 race, MIA/NO). For the SEA/IND game it looks like they reduced a bit more. For comparison, I streamed it from the U.S. and the difference was very noticeable, as is every other streamed source on my TV.

All media outlets in Thailand are required to adhere to the following for the month of October during the official royal funeral:

- From Oct 01 - 27, 2017 - Websites must have the colour reduced by 40%

- From Oct 01 - 27, 2017 - All print adverts need to be reduced in colour by 40%

- Oct 25 - 27, 2017 all radio & TV stations in Thailand must play the feed from Bangkok, NO advertising allowed during this period.

- Oct 28 onward - Websites and advertising colour back to normal, as is radio & TV except when broadcasting important ceremonies from Bangkok.

Jai Dee, Truevisions has a message in English stating to go to a website and it will list the programs unavailable from Oct. 13th to the 30th. Of course the website on FB is all in Thai language. Where can I find the list unavailable starting from the 13th in English? Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

@Old Man River

I have seen the same messages also and the unavailable's where all the True Channels, like channel 222,223, 559,560,561 etc etc so NOT for example Fox etc. Sorry I don't have a list

I also have seen a message that from the 2?th-29th ALL channels will have ONLY government approved content !

Edited by MJCM

[mention=23222]Old Man River[/mention]

I have seen the same messages also and the unavailable's where all the True Channels, like channel 222,223, 559,560,561 etc etc so NOT for example Fox etc. Sorry I don't have a list

I also have seen a message that from the 2?th-29th ALL channels will have ONLY government approved content !

Yeh, they only tell you the channels unavailable from the 25th to 30th, but the English message on the tv mentions other channels unavailable from the 13th to the 30th and to know what these are, “True”refers you in English to a website with no English.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I called their call center, and after being transferred 4 times, I found out absolutely nothing that I didn’t already know. As Jai Dee wrote, the channels will turn to black. Also I was told that Truevisions does not have any websites in English language and the young lady had no idea about which channels starting from the 13th would be unavailable.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Old Man River said:

Jai Dee, Truevisions has a message in English stating to go to a website and it will list the programs unavailable from Oct. 13th to the 30th. Of course the website on FB is all in Thai language. Where can I find the list unavailable starting from the 13th in English? Thank you.

Try this website.

If you click on the date drop down menu and select your preferred dates (eg Friday 13th October) the programming should appear.

Capture.JPG

Here's an example of the programming for the English movie channels for Monday 16th October:

Capture_01.JPG

^ I think you're on to something because looking at the schedule for Oct 25th it looks like this

Look at Channels 236,237,238,239,240 (All True Channels) and their programming

rc.JPG.cd22d20e67ff927bb45e6f9777bc9a71.JPG

Edit: But it doesn't show the "blackout" of the other (non True) channels !! Just have to wait and see ;)

Edited by MJCM

I sent True an email requesting definition and got the following response with the table attached>

"

To comply with the Office of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC)'s policy to appropriately broadcast programmes and contents during the Thai Royal Cremation Ceremony, TrueVisions Group Company would like to announce following practices;

- 40% colour drop Effective period: 1-29 October 2017
- Discard of entertainment, violence and inappropriate posts
- Programmes suspension (please find attachment for channels and air time, file: oct tvg)
- Suspended programmes will be replaced by contents from Thai TV Pool.

OCT Program cancellations.pdf

• Like 1

On 10/2/2017 at 1:00 PM, MJCM said:

^ I think it is because that the Government has asked them to do so because of the Royal Cremation this month?

Yes, I am aware of the local situation.

It is interesting to see the 65" OLED/UHD/4K TVs on display on PowerBuy "toned down" (by a lot more than "40%").

Chargers v. New York Football Giants, 0-4 stinker. Ben McAdon'ts last game with the Cheesecake Factory menu?

Green Bay v. Dallas, OK 

KC v. Hou, better

Min v. da Bears, ugh

Thank god for streams and torrents.

Edited by mtls2005

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, I am aware of the local situation.

It is interesting to see the 65" OLED/UHD/4K TVs on display on PowerBuy "toned down" (by a lot more than "40%").

Chargers v. New York Football Giants, 0-4 stinker. Ben McAdon'ts last game with the Cheesecake Factory menu?

Green Bay v. Dallas, OK 

KC v. Hou, better

Min v. da Bears, ugh

Thank god for streams and torrents.

Oklahoma vs Iowa Sate at 2300 last night was an exciting game.  Iowa State came out in the end 38-31 with 25 points in the second half.  Replay now on 672 is worth watching but in competition with the Japanese Grand Prix on 689.

For those interested, week 6 NFL schedule:

NFL 2017/18 Week # 6

Fri 13

Philadelphia @ Carolina                  (L) 0725-1100 TS HD/SI

Mon 16

Green Bay @ Minnesota                   (L) 0000-0325 TS HD/SI

Mon 16

Pittsburgh @ Kansas City                 (L) 0325-0700 TS HD/SI

Mon 16

NY Giants @ Denver                        (L) 0730-1100 TS HD/SI

Mon 16

San Francisco @ Washington           (F) 1200-1430 TS HD/SI

Mon 16

Tampa Bay @ Arizona                     (F) 1430-1700 TS HD/SI

Tue 17

Indianapolis @ Tennessee                (L) 0730-1100 TS HD/S

It will be interesting to see if Friday's game - Friday the 13th - will be televised and if it as will it be in color, black and white or just black or white!

For those interested:

NFL 2017/18 Week # 7

Fri 19

Kansas City @ Oakland                   (L) 0725-1100 TS HD/SI

Mon 23

New Orleans @ Green Bay              (L) 0000-0325 TS HD/SI

Mon 23

Seattle @ NY Giants                        (L) 0325-0700 TS HD/SI

Mon 23

Atlanta @ New England                   (L) 0730-1100 TS HD/SI

Mon 23

Baltimore @ Minnesota          (D) 1200-1430 TS HD/SI

Mon 23

Dallas @ San Francisco                   (D) 1430-1700 TS HD/SI

Tue 24

Washington @ Philadelphia              (L) 0730-1100 TS HD/SI

On my TrueVisions it looks like we're back to full color, this morning's KC-OAK game was brilliant in all its' color-rush splendor. Awesome game as well.

From the news...

A week before the cremation of King Bhumibol, the national broadcasting regulator told television stations Thursday to stop stripping the color from their programming.

The urgent order to restore full color was passed on to all channels yesterday evening with instructions it go into effect immediately after royal news programming. The previous order to desaturate color by 40 percent this month, meant to pay homage ahead of and during the royal funeral, went into effect on Oct. 1.

The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission said the change of heart came because the color tones were inconsistent across the different channels.

On 10/17/2017 at 2:52 PM, Jai Dee said:

Thanks @wayned but this is the TrueVisions thread not an NFL EPG.

Perhaps a new topic just for NFL fans?

The weekly response was in response to a previous question about True Visions airing this years NFL football games.  Yes, it's NFL, but it specifically applies to the airing of the games by True Visions.  There is another forum labeled Football/Soccer but when I post anything there I get a negative response from one of the regular CCGOFs, like me, that post there that the forum is for "real" football not American football so I just don't bother to open it anymore like many other forums.

"Perhaps" a new topic needs to be created!  Since you posses one of those "magic wands", could you please move it to the forum that you think that it should be in, or, if there is none, perhaps, create a new one!

Please post your decision here so that next week I can post the schedule in the proper forum.  If not, I will just discontinue the weekly post and let "those interested" fend for themselves.  As you can see I always start the post with "for those interested", so anybody that is not interested doesn't have to read it.  But human nature makes "those not interested' immediately read the post and then complain that it is the wrong forum!

13 hours ago, wayned said:

"Perhaps" a new topic needs to be created!  Since you posses one of those "magic wands", could you please move it to the forum that you think that it should be in, or, if there is none, perhaps, create a new one!

Actually @wayned your posts have been the subject of reports... yes I know it's trivial but technically it is correct... this is the TrueVisions topic.

Yes I understand the other football forum does not consider any other game except their own to be real football, and as we are talking about an EPG for those interested in NFL the subject can quite happily stay in the AV Forum if you like.

I see you already have one supporter so let's kick it off.

I have created a new topic here, using your last post as content. If you wish to have the title changed just send me a PM and I'll sort it for you.

Feel free to add content/comments as necessary.

I do not have a problem with you creating a new topic or forum with the name that you have selected. It does kinda lock me into posting the schedule every week and sometimes that's a chore for a CCGOF like me but I'll try.  I normally get an email from True at the beginning of every week with most of the sports programs for the week listed but if they don't send it I can't post it.

I searched the forums and have not found where you have buried the topic.  Will it be a separate forum or buried in another forum and, if so, what forum? If you put it in the FOOTBALL/SOCCER FORUM I'm sure that there will be some flack from the CCGOF's there but, so be it, it will at least have a home.

I'm surprised no one has asked me what CCGOF means.  It's either Cranky Cantankerous, Grumpy , Old, Fart or Cute, Cuddly, Gorgeous, Outrageous Farang.  I'll let you pick the one that you think best fits!

I do not think that it should remain in the AV forum.  I think that another forum listed in the Community forums sector should be created and labeled US SPORTS FORUM.  That way those of us that wanted to discuss sports that mainly  only  Americans are interested in, NFL, NBA, NASCAR, etc., can open topics there and distance ourselves from H/M's CCGOFs!

If not, it should at least be in the SPORTS Forum under the Community Forum heading.

Jeez some people are hard to please.  :ermm:

I respond to reports saying this is the TrueVisions topic and someone is posting unwanted NFL info in it.

To pacify those reporters I suggest that you start your own topic, but you prefer that I "wave my magic wand" and create one for you.

I create a new topic for you and re-post your latest NFL viewing info in it then advise you of it's existence and location and that's still not good enough for you!

OK... I've moved it to the Sports Forum where other "non-football" sports such as AFL football, Rugby League, cricket, motor racing, boxing, volleyball,  F1, horse racing, golf, and bull-fighting etc. topics are located.

Here it is. Follow the link. There's no need to search other forums for it.

Have fun with it.

Future NFL comments in this thread will be deleted from now on.

:neus:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Feel free to add content/comments as necessary.

I did exactly what you suggested, I added comments.:passifier:

I found the thread in the Sports forum and will post future schedules that I receive from True Visions there. 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

New Truevisions topic: if you have a PVR with a satellite box, you will lose everything you have recorded and were saving. Truevisions, while not announced, has reconfigured the PVR from their offices. You need to then have their subcontractors come to your house and reset your PVR to meet their new configuration. It happened on my wife’s PVR yesterday and my PVR today.

Also, you will not be able to record anything new until they come to your house. At first, they will tell you to pull the e Sata plug and reconnect it. That won’t work. Then they will tell you to reboot, but that also won’t work.

They could have saved money by telling the sub contractors to fix all PVR’s at once, instead of back and forth, but they don’t.

Come to think of it, maybe this is CP’s way of keeping their subcontractors working and to hell with their customers.