True Vision Questions - Check here first

astral

On 7/8/2019 at 8:00 PM, xylophone said:

However I did see a message on the screen the other day that I needed to go along to the True Vision Centre and make an appointment for them to come and do something to my system, which I did. Imagine my surprise when they said that they needed to come along and change something on the dish and the cable and that it would cost 800 baht.

After reading on TV that this particular upgrade was free, rather than go back to the service centre in Patong which quoted me 800 baht to do it, I went to a bigger service centre in Phuket town and the girl got onto her computer played around with it for a little bit, then asked me when I would like the technician to come, so we arranged a date for Monday, and all for a cost of ZERO!

So it would appear that the mongrel in the Patong branch was trying to goose me out of 800 baht??

22 minutes ago, xylophone said:

After reading on TV that this particular upgrade was free, rather than go back to the service centre in Patong which quoted me 800 baht to do it, I went to a bigger service centre in Phuket town and the girl got onto her computer played around with it for a little bit, then asked me when I would like the technician to come, so we arranged a date for Monday, and all for a cost of ZERO!

So it would appear that the mongrel in the Patong branch was trying to goose me out of 800 baht??

I had mine done on the 12th of last month and got and paid my bill for this month.  There were no extra charges for the upgrade on the bill.

• Thanks 1

And, if they do televise it, the first half of the first game will be in Thai language only.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Every game that I have watched has always been in English. Or perhaps I misunderstood and it is just the first half of the first game of the season? If so, I apologize.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, SpokaneAl said:

Every game that I have watched has always been in English. Or perhaps I misunderstood and it is just the first half of the first game of the season? If so, I apologize.

Last year, the first half of the first televised game was only broadcast in Thai.  We woke True up with calls and emails and they quickly fixed the problem and it w as okay for the rest of the year.

• Like 1

First quarter- to first half of first game, and then they catch it and change it. It’s just a laughable issue, and welcomed really, as it means they are televising the games.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 12:09 AM, wreckingcountry said:

The billing will show a charge in August for the Labour and materials,LNB etc ! Be prepared

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Utter rubbish...it is done for you with no charge (either at the time or in subsequent billing).

Actually with thousands of subscribers they were very proactive in to doing the required changes before the satellite change.

Can you imagine the chaos if they didnt.

called to have LNB changed first one said his ladder was not long enough, next one came said have I got a ladder its to high for his ladder did not like it I said hard luck get up I ill do it he got up and changed it came inside turned on tv said that works and walked out I said don't you have to tune it or download something wait till august he said . rung true get a proper chap here true chap never said a word turn on tv said --------- went moved LND cut some length off the cable downloaded info everything works 97pc on signal strength said to me all finished all I am doing is redoing there work they are just changing the LNd then going away without downloading and getting 300 baht for it that's why they don't want to waste time downloading and on august 1 there contract is finished and we run around putting it right.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 12:51 PM, Fusbol said:

I know it’s premature, as American football doesn’t start until September, but if anyone hears anything about whether they will televise it this year please let me know.

True is actually showing pre-season games on channels 666,667 and 672, something that they didn't do in the past.  I get a weekly sports schedule by email and have posted the schedule under the sports forum in American Football.  I will continue to post the schedule every week when I receive it, usually Monday or Tuesday.  It's a good indication that they will also be televising the regular season games on TS HD (666) and TS HD2 (667).  672 is NFL network and , unless they changed their contract with the NFL, can not air live regular season games, only preseason and "specials".  Here's the remainder of the schedule for this week:

Fri 9 NY Jets @ NY Giants (L) 0600-0900 TS HD2/TVS 672

Fri 9 LA Chargers @ Arizona (L) 0900-1200 TS HD2/TVS 672

Sat 10 Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh (L) 0630-0930 TS HD2/TVS 672

Sun 11 Dallas @ San Francisco (L) 0800-1100 TS HD/ TVS 672

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wayned said:

It's a good indication that they will also be televising the regular season games on TS HD (666) and TS HD2 (667).  672 is NFL network and , unless they changed their contract with the NFL

I was told last year that they had signed a three-year contract, two years ago, so in theory this should be the third or last year of that three-year contract? But my source is low-level and about 50-50 on detail.

I guess we'll know for sure on Friday, Sep. 6 at 7:20 AM.

47 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I was told last year that they had signed a three-year contract, two years ago, so in theory this should be the third or last year of that three-year contract? But my source is low-level and about 50-50 on detail.

I guess we'll know for sure on Friday, Sep. 6 at 7:20 AM.

The fact that they are showing pre-season this year is a god sign.  I don't remember them ever airing any pre-season in the past, but it might just be a "teaser"!  The schedule that I get from them is weekly only.

• Like 1

True is actually showing pre-season games on channels 666,667 and 672, something that they didn't do in the past.  I get a weekly sports schedule by email and have posted the schedule under the sports forum in American Football.  I will continue to post the schedule every week when I receive it, usually Monday or Tuesday.  It's a good indication that they will also be televising the regular season games on TS HD (666) and TS HD2 (667).  672 is NFL network and , unless they changed their contract with the NFL, can not air live regular season games, only preseason and "specials".  Here's the remainder of the schedule for this week:

Fri 9 NY Jets @ NY Giants (L) 0600-0900 TS HD2/TVS 672
Fri 9 LA Chargers @ Arizona (L) 0900-1200 TS HD2/TVS 672
Sat 10 Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh (L) 0630-0930 TS HD2/TVS 672
Sun 11 Dallas @ San Francisco (L) 0800-1100 TS HD/ TVS 672

9 hours ago, Fusbol said:

Sorry, this is great info. I am a diehard Cowboys fan, and three of their exhibition games will be shown. I am anxious to see how their younger players do, as many of their starters won’t play.

Thanks again.

The concern that I have is that they are showing NFL Network on 666 and 667. which are live since it is pre-season. Once the regular season starts NFL Network can not show live games.  I just hope that the idiots in charge realize this and have negotiated there own contract with the NFL to show live games and not rely on simultaneously broadcasting NFL Network on 666 and 667.  If they do we will only get the NFL Network replays and not live games.  In the past their management teams understanding of Western television broadcasts left a lot to be desired, alla last years first game being broadcast in Thai only for most of the first quarter until their call center got flooded with complaints!  I will publish the schedule in the Sports section under the American Football thread when I get it the first of each week like I did last year.

Thanks for the games that will be televised. Expect True to take the cheapest way. Btw, it wasn’t only last year that the first qtr was in Thai. That has happened several years in a row.

I don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the 49er- Cowboys Game was the niner broadcast. I didn’t know that Lloka, a safety they traded for, was even in the game (he had 4 tackles) and some guy named Phillips had 5 tackles. The only time the Cowboys bench was shown was when Garrett was laughing when he threw away a time out. No matter there, since White won’t make anyone’s practice squad, let alone Prescott’s backup.

10 minutes ago, Fusbol said:

Thanks for the games that will be televised. Expect True to take the cheapest way. Btw, it wasn’t only last year that the first qtr was in Thai. That has happened several years in a row.

I don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the 49er- Cowboys Game was the niner broadcast. I didn’t know that Lloka, a safety they traded for, was even in the game (he had 4 tackles) and some guy named Phillips had 5 tackles. The only time the Cowboys bench was shown was when Garrett was laughing when he threw away a time out. No matter there, since White won’t make anyone’s practice squad, let alone Prescott’s backup.

I've been an avid Dallas hater since the late 1960's when I was in the Marines and my best friend was from Dallas.  It was always Dallas this and Dallas that so I had to be against them and usually lost because that was a good period for them.  In addition, I grew up in the Philadelphia area and my BIL played tackle for the Eagles in the late 1950s and early 1960s.

15 hours ago, wayned said:

The concern that I have is that they are showing NFL Network on 666 and 667. which are live since it is pre-season.

The NFL Network has exclusive rights to pre-season. True is simply spraying these games out on NFLN, and TS/TS2.

15 hours ago, wayned said:

Once the regular season starts NFL Network can not show live games.

Well they certainly broadcast some games live (some TNF for example), as do Fox, ESPN, CBS and NBC.

One assumes we'll get one or two early games, two late afernoon games, SNF, MNF and TNF on 122, 123, 666, 667.

Week 1

TNF Packers at Bears 07:20 Fri. Sep 6

(My guesses) Maybe Rams at Panthers, Titans at Browns

Giants at Cowboys, 49ers at Bucs

Steelers at Pats SNF

Texans at Saints MNF1

Broncos at Raiders MNF2

Edited by mtls2005

I've been an avid Dallas hater since the late 1960's when I was in the Marines and my best friend was from Dallas.  It was always Dallas this and Dallas that so I had to be against them and usually lost because that was a good period for them.  In addition, I grew up in the Philadelphia area and my BIL played tackle for the Eagles in the late 1950s and early 1960s.

I grew up a Jets fan (NYC), but when I moved to Dallas and started to get invited to people’s Cowboy boxes, I couldn’t root for an opposing team. However, while in NY, for some unknown reason we got every Notre Dame game to where I hated the ND football team, and still do. BTW, my dad was a Marine in WW2.

• 1 month later...

I have not read the 14 pages here so please? A friend is looking at adding the PVR services to his Truevisions. True told him it is free and they will send a tech to do some updating to his box but he needs to buy a PVR. He is not a techie type so he wen out asking for a PVR at some shops they they kept showing him a complete PVR bigger than his set top box. I told hom all he should need is a HDD that can plug in to the USB port on the back of the box.

Anyone out there have some direct knowledge of what is really needed? I see a eSATA HDD port, a eSATA power port, and a standard USB port. So what does he really need here as the True call center just says  buy a PVR.

1 hour ago, longball53098 said:

I have not read the 14 pages here so please? A friend is looking at adding the PVR services to his Truevisions. True told him it is free and they will send a tech to do some updating to his box but he needs to buy a PVR. He is not a techie type so he wen out asking for a PVR at some shops they they kept showing him a complete PVR bigger than his set top box. I told hom all he should need is a HDD that can plug in to the USB port on the back of the box.

Anyone out there have some direct knowledge of what is really needed? I see a eSATA HDD port, a eSATA power port, and a standard USB port. So what does he really need here as the True call center just says  buy a PVR.

https://www.invadeit.co.th/product/enclosure-box/orico/1-bay-2-5inch-sata-external-enclosure-black-usb-3-0-esata-2598sus3-p028423/

This is what I use but I see it has been discontinued at Invadeit. 

Thanks but Invade has already said that the Orico is an obsolete product and eSATA is no longer sold.

True is behind the power curve on this as their web site still shows a eSATA drive available but my friend inquired with True Select and they say no longer available,,,,,,,,,I told him to set up a service call and have a tech do the programming to the box and tell him what to buy that will work.

Edited by longball53098
typos

3 minutes ago, sonos99 said:

They have others for sale.

https://www.invadeit.co.th/category/enclosure-box/2-5-enclosure/

You would have to also buy a 2.5 drive to go in the enclosure

6 hours ago, sonos99 said:

They have others for sale.

https://www.invadeit.co.th/category/enclosure-box/2-5-enclosure/

You would have to also buy a 2.5 drive to go in the enclosure

None of those enclosures will work they only have USB outputs.  It must have an eSATA output to connect to the True Vision's box.   Although the TRUE Vision's box has a USB port, that is not for the PVR, it's for a "pause" storage device, a thumb drive, so that you can pause the program and take a <deleted> and then come back and continue where you left off.  I think that function is only available if you upgrade to PVR.  They told me that if I bought the equipment they could activate the system remotely and no tech would have to come to the house,  True also sells the units on their TRUE store, but they are expensive.  Remember if you do find amn enclosure you also have to buy the 500GB HDD, around 1000 baht. I've looked in the past and see if I can find the data and post it here. External HDDs with eSATA ports are not very common and are expensive when you find one.

Here's a docking station on Lazada:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/orico-hdd-docking-25-35-6518sus3-usb-30-esata-black-i6382464-s7970773.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwibzsBRAMEiwA1pHZruWKD1e4xRr2xExOSJHAlFvYzI9bbIn0Yv-0gA1TyoCbhfCMiL_vahoCauYQAvD_BwE&s_kwcid=AL!3152!3!286179630377!!!u!296030489971!&exlaz=d_1:mm_150050845_51350205_2010350205::12:1498579383!58089999096!!!pla-296030489971!c!296030489971!7970773!136420160!286179630377&ef_id=CjwKCAjwibzsBRAMEiwA1pHZruWKD1e4xRr2xExOSJHAlFvYzI9bbIn0Yv-0gA1TyoCbhfCMiL_vahoCauYQAvD_BwE:G:s

It's available locally , they also have just SATA to eSATA cables without the plastic thingy..  The info I got from True said that the HDD had to be 5400 RPM, not 7200 RPM (more common) and nothing was said about an SSD.  Email them and ask. I stopped looking when I found out that my  external HDD would not work(only USB ) and looked at the prices for a dedicated HDD that would be useless other than PVR that I wasn't sure that I was going to use.