True Vision Questions - Check here first

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess that I would be one to disagree that True Visions is a waist of money for me.  I have three boxes, pay for two, the third one is free.  I also have the Platinum Package, so my monthly charges

Yes i find the Great British Bake Off and Come Dancing too challenging.

Just had a True Inno Hybrid+ box installed a couple of days ago. It was included in their 999 Baht fiber package.   My Samsung HD TV is a few years old and has a AA59-00801A remote.  

Posted Images

Have ordered the PVR box. True told me I can buy my own eSATA external hard disk from powerbuy or tukcom.
3990 for a 500gb box is ridiculous when I can get a 1tb USB for less than half that price.
Unfortunately none of these places have eSATA or even a USB to eSATA cable.
Anyone know what actually works with the True Visions PVR box or if it has any storage memory within the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

5 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

Have ordered the PVR box. True told me I can buy my own eSATA external hard disk from powerbuy or tukcom.
3990 for a 500gb box is ridiculous when I can get a 1tb USB for less than half that price.
Unfortunately none of these places have eSATA or even a USB to eSATA cable.
Anyone know what actually works with the True Visions PVR box or if it has any storage memory within the box?

I used my external eSATA drive (supplied by True) with my box and it worked fine.

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, Mickey Mouse said:

Looking for alternative to True Vision in Bangkok.

Good.   If you have access to AIS Fibre internet at your residence that's an alternate.   AIS Fibre has various IPTV packages that includes things like western news channels, HBO channels, etc. that come with their internet service.

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2018 at 10:05 AM, Pib said:

Good.   If you have access to AIS Fibre internet at your residence that's an alternate.   AIS Fibre has various IPTV packages that includes things like western news channels, HBO channels, etc. that come with their internet service.

at a price   599 for everything,  I had it free for one month, since i use an android box and kodi, felt 599/month was over priced.

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2018 at 9:39 AM, Mickey Mouse said:

Looking for alternative to True Vision in Bangkok.

Netflix is now in Thailand. They offer some very good content. I have both Truevision and Netflix, but if you are looking for an alternative to Truevision, Netflix is much cheaper and very good. 

• 1 month later...

Went to True shop 3 weeks ago to inform them of change of property to transfer True Internet August 1 and was told .. it’s too soon to book , come back a few days before August 1. Went there today and was told can’t do transfer until -August 9 ! Pathetic service and reason why True don’t deserve my business

• 4 months later...

Some of the stickies which are noted here, are outdated like about Truevisions HD PVR box, dates back to 2012, in IT that's an eternity. SO I have made a a new post.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

why is the quality of films on True so bad? They just put fibre optic in and it's no better, blurry and low resolution. Was thinking of getting another TV but after staying at an expensive hotel in bkk with 2 decent tv's in the rooms the quality was just the same. It's so bad (ch 29) that I often can't bear to watch the junk.

• 2 months later...

I know something about True TV and seems of Thai TV in general ! It Sucks !!! What’s with showing the same programm/ event in all its channels? Thank god for internet tvand Chromecast

• 3 weeks later...

I had a long talk with True Visions about billing. It seems, somewhere along the line, where you used to get 2 boxes per subscription, it has been changed, without notice. Hence for my second box, which for 20 years came along with the subscription, at some point they have been charging me an extra THB 5,000 per year. It has not been announced
anywhere.

As you know, if you've ever asked for a breakdown of the bill, it is impossible to understand.At a function last night, I asked many people( including several Thai's) and they didn't know about this change either. You can pay either 1 month at a time, but most pay either 6 months or a year at a time and you don't see this extra added in. Another reason to look for alternatives.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Every NFL American football season, those of us that have stuck with Truevisions wonder if they will televise games. This year is no different as I have been told by their call center that they won't know until close to the season, probably when the first games are played, as usual.

I did some checking with NFL Digital Care which is part of NFL Game Pass. Previously, you needed a VPN to get a US address. That has all changed, and in fact, people will be using a VPN in the US to get a foreign address, as NFLGame Pass is now Global. In Asia, in fact, there will be no blacked out games. I told the person I am not with the military and not living on a military base, but rather would be watching in my house in Bangkok, Thailand. That, he said, is no problem. They have a US zone, Canada, European zone and then a zone they call Rest of World (RoW), which Asia is part of.

You would need to use an XBox One, Apple TV, computer, Amazon Fire TV, or several different types of Phones and tablets. I am waiting on an answer to see if they replay games (probably) due to time zone differences. YouTube and play station have packages of programs, including NFL Game Pass, which cannot be viewed outside of the US. NFL Game Pass International cannot be viewed in the US. Things have changed.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect