Golf Travel Tips

Khutan

I have 2 tips for travellers coming to Thailand.

First; Airines, generally will take your clubs on long-haul for free and not substract it from your 20Kg Baggage allowance. If you tell them you are travelling to a tournament, it helps them.

Also you can tell your travel agent to put on your flight booking you are travelling to a tournament.

If your bag is less than 20Kg, it will all go for free.

Secong Tip, wrap your socks around the heads of your clubs so they don't get knocked around too much on the flight.

As a footnote, you can buy those travel bags cheaply that will give some protection to your clubs, and the bag can't be opened in-transit.

So what are your travel Tips.

• 1 month later...
Stick ALL the clubs in the golf bag upside down. :o

Good call OneeyedJohn, will give that a try this year. I only use a soft coverall bag so I always feel the woods are very vulnerable, at the mercy of the baggage handlers.

Don't forget a handicap certificate, I usually bring one when I come over so I can play with the expats in Chiang Mai.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a rigid plastic carrying case with wheels and 3 locks. I had to then buy the small golf bag to fit this case - no prolem. It limits the weight.

You do not need to travel with golf balls. You can buy enough used balls of great quality either on most courses or at "auntie stands" outside the course. Know how to tell damage to used balls throught those plastic bags. Have 5 ball types you want to buy like 1) Pro V1, 2) Precept Laddies, 3) NXts, 4) Calloway, 5) Noodles or whatever balls you like to play. Pricing will difference on used balls based on ball type and condition of the balls.

If you are golfing several courses that week, pack 2 pairs of shoes, 3-4 golf gloves, 2-4 shorts, 2-6 shirts, plenty of socks.

sunscreen

aspirin

umbrella