Tracking down 5 litre glass wine bottles. Where?

JimShortz

Dear helpful friends (and others...),

I need these large jars for an ongoing project, but am short of sources. Now, I know I can just buy the 5L Rosso wine jars and simply drink them, BUT I need quite a few and don't drink much...

Do you know where I can get them (without simply asking in every bar in town). Are there recyclers that I could buy them back from. Do you have any?

PS. I can't tell you exactly what they are for or you would all steel my idea (or at least my hoped for jars supply!). ;-)

Go down the hung dong road. Past the tesco lotus, before the hideaway turn. There is a large class ware shop on the right. They have lots of stuff. Not sure if they will have 5 ltr wine jugs but, definatly worth a look.

Edit: sorry on the left.

Go down the hung dong road. Past the tesco lotus, before the hideaway turn. There is a large class ware shop on the right. They have lots of stuff. Not sure if they will have 5 ltr wine jugs but, definatly worth a look.

Past Tesco on the left. Any other clues as to when to slow down and look? Color or building? Big or small? Thanks

Past Tesco on the left. Any other clues as to when to slow down and look? Color or building? Big or small? Thanks

You will see plates and glass ware on the side walk. It is difficult as I missed it the first time and had to u turn an take another run at it. Just stay left after you pass the tesco and it is not far on the left. Less than 400 meters if I remember correctly. It does have a great inventory of items and I was refered twice to it by friends in the restaurant biz.

I have tried all of the places mentioned (thank you everyone for the ideas), but still haven't found any. If it helps encourage anyone with 1 or 2 lying around, I am happy to travel anywhere in the Chiang Mai area to collect it/them from you. I am also happy to pay for them.

100 Baht each is fine with me. Anyone?

Failing this I am going to have to buy the wine and drink the filth! ;-)

• 7 years later...