Global warming? No, actually we're cooling, claim scientists

Maestro

Global warming? No, actually we're cooling, claim scientists

A cold Arctic summer has led to a record increase in the ice cap, leading experts to predict a period of global cooling.
By Hayley Dixon
9:55AM BST 08 Sep 2013

There has been a 60 per cent increase in the amount of ocean covered with ice compared to this time last year, the equivalent of almost a million square miles.

In a rebound from 2012's record low, an unbroken ice sheet more than half the size of Europe already stretches from the Canadian islands to Russia's northern shores, days before the annual re-freeze is even set to begin.

The Northwest Passage from the Atlantic to the Pacific has remained blocked by pack-ice all year, forcing some ships to change their routes.

A leaked report to the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) seen by the Mail on Sunday , has led some scientists to claim that the world is heading for a period of cooling that will not end until the middle of this century.

More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/10294082/Global-warming-No-actually-were-cooling-claim-scientists.html

-- The Telegraph 2013-09-08

• Like 1

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can see the fraud is scientists and government pretending to have any real certainty about what controls the climate or what it will do next.

Fossil fuels are an attractive target because they are price inelastic, meaning they can be taxed to buggery and people still keep using them.

Absolutely

Could it be that man-made CO2 emissions are slowing down the onset of the next ice age?

It probably theoretically could be, but we have no realistic way of testing the hypothesis or making any pronouncements about it.

Unfortunately politicians and scientists are never going to admit this because it doesn't make headlines or justify taxes.

• Like 1

Still gotta wonder if Al Gore (remember the book " In Inconvenient Truth") actually believed that he was doing the world a favor by manipulating data to suit the content of his bullsh*t book, or were there other more sinister factors involved? I've got to believe the latter because he even won some bullsh*t awards (including a Hollywood Oscar, I think).

Anyway, a large portion of the science community was saying that temperature shift cycles are normal and gave credible scientific evidence to show it, but Al Gore was still lauded and his pack of lies promoted. So, this news is not surprising at all.

I just remembered the over-sensationalized footage that is shown where huge walls of ice would shear off glaciers, The creators of such dramatic ads or documentaries trying to sell us the "global Warming" lies would use this footage for its shock value, and it was once again bullsh*t. Think about it -- they're glaciers so they're constantly moving. Of course they're going to reach a more southerly point where the ice melts and softens to the point where naturally it falls off. in the meantime, New ice is forming at the other end, as nature would dictate.

• Like 2

Still gotta wonder if Al Gore (remember the book " In Inconvenient Truth") actually believed that he was doing the world a favor by manipulating data to suit the content of his bullsh*t book, or were there other more sinister factors involved? I've got to believe the latter because he even won some bullsh*t awards (including a Hollywood Oscar, I think).

Anyway, a large portion of the science community was saying that temperature shift cycles are normal and gave credible scientific evidence to show it, but Al Gore was still lauded and his pack of lies promoted. So, this news is not surprising at all.

I just remembered the over-sensationalized footage that is shown where huge walls of ice would shear off glaciers, The creators of such dramatic ads or documentaries trying to sell us the "global Warming" lies would use this footage for its shock value, and it was once again bullsh*t. Think about it -- they're glaciers so they're constantly moving. Of course they're going to reach a more southerly point where the ice melts and softens to the point where naturally it falls off. in the meantime, New ice is forming at the other end, as nature would dictate.

Yes, they are very good at showing emotive images. The one which always makes me smile is the large cooling towers with huge clouds of supposedly smoke billowing out. It's not smoke it's water vapour also known as steam:

taylor-s-kennedy-a-nuclear-power-plant-b

The global warming scam has been truly busted by Nature herself, but the damage that has been done is incalculable and irrecoverable.

Think of how those hundreds of billions of wasted dollars could have been used to create better lives for so many people -- but then those benefits are exactly the opposite of what the hard Green activists want.

• Like 2

An interesting documentary Chasing Ice

'National Geographic' photographer James Balog was once a skeptic about climate change. But through his Extreme Ice Survey, he discovers undeniable evidence of our changing planet. In 'Chasing Ice,' we follow Balog across the Arctic as he deploys revolutionary time-lapse cameras designed for one purpose: to capture a multi-year record of the world's changing glaciers. Balog's hauntingly beautiful videos compress years into seconds and capture ancient mountains of ice in motion as they disappear at a breathtaking rate. Traveling with a young team of adventurers by helicopter, canoe and dog sled across three continents, Balog risks his career and his well-being in pursuit of the biggest story in human history. As the debate polarizes America and the intensity of natural disasters ramp up around the world, 'Chasing Ice' depicts a heroic photojournalist on a mission to gather evidence and deliver hope to our carbon-powered planet

I saw that documentary and it was pretty shocking to see the decline in size, mass and receding of glaciers over such a short period of time. I wonder if the relative surface area size increase of polar icecaps has anything to do with the water having relatively less salinity due to glacial ice melt and thereby freezing at a higher temperature?

• Like 1

As I see it, each side of this question gets a knee jerk reaction. When the news comes out in their favor "See I told you so!". Sure there are long range cycles and within them some short range cycles. Maybe the "No climate change" people are right and this is just one of those natural cycles. But on the other hand, anyone that has taken medication knows a very small amount of something can cause big changes in the body if only temporary. I am sure that the Earth can in time heal any damage we can do, but we can cause damage that can affect many generations.

We as humans are very short sighted