BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

3 British citizens arrested for overstaying on Phuket

Three foreigners arrested for overstaying on Phuket
Tanyaluk Sakoot

brit.jpg
Alex Good with police.

PHUKET: -- Three foreign men, all from the United Kingdom, were arrested late last week for overstaying on the island.

The first arrests came on Thursday afternoon (September 19), when Police visited a house in Cherng Talay and arrested two Englishmen -- Paul Wild, aged 49, and Liam Arron Quinn, aged 37.

Mr Quinn's permit to stay expired on January 9, 2013, and Mr Wild's expired on May 2011. Both were taken to the Cherng Talay Police Station for processing.

The next arrest was Alex Good, aged 27 and from Ireland. Police found Mr Good in a Chinese restaurant on Bandon-Cherngtalay Road around 1.30pm yesterday (September 20).

He arrived in Thailand from Ranong with a visa stamp which expired on May 18, 2013. He was also taken to Cherng Talay Police Station.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/three-foreigners-arrested-for-overstaying-on-phuket-42020.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-09-21

British, Irish expats in Phuket arrested by Immigration
Phuket Gazette

brit2.jpg
Paul Wild (left) and Aaron Quinn pictured at Phuket Immigration after their arrest at a house in Soi Pasak, Cherng Talay, on Thursday. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Three Phuket expats from Ireland and England will be deported from Thailand after being caught in Cherng Talay for overstaying.

Officers moved in and arrested Alex Good, 27, from Ireland, at a restaurant near Cherng Talay Police Station at 3:30pm yesterday, said Lt Col Chidchanok Sakornyen of Phuket Immigration.

“We had been following him for a while as we had been informed he was staying illegally in the country,” Col Chidchanok explained.

“We asked him for his passport. He said he didn’t have it with him. We took him to the immigration office in Phuket Town and checked his details on our database.

“We found he entered Thailand on May 4 through Ranong Immigration and was allowed to stay until May 18,” he said.

The arrest of Mr Good follows the arrests of two English expats – Aaron Liam Quinn, 37, and Paul Wild, 49 – at a house in Soi Pasak, Cherng Talay, on Thursday.

“Mr Quinn entered Thailand at Phuket Airport August 12, 2012 and was allowed to stay until January 9, 2013,” explained Col Chidchanok.

“Mr Wild entered the country at Ranong Immigration and was allowed to stay until May 27, 2011,” he added.

All three men confessed to overstaying their visas.

“The three of them have been charged with illegally staying in the country and will be sent to Bangkok to be deported,” Col Chidchanok said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/British-Irish-expats-in-Phuket-arrested-by-Immigration-22304.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-09-21

I had a heart in mouth moment last week. I took the bus from Phuket bus station to Satun and it made a stop at the checkpoint, like they all do but this time a policeman came on ( something I've personally, rarely seen )

He checked a few bags and saw me ( only foreigner on bus ) came straight to me and asked for my passport. I was shitting myself because I had overstayed. It was only two days but still I thought it was going to end bad. Luckily for me he opened it, looked at the main page and then the dates on the departure slip which said July 15th 2013 funny enough and gave it back to me. If he had a mind to check it closer he would have noticed my overstay but thank God he never.

A lucky escape indeed and will I overstay again in these risky times? No bloody way that's for sure!

• Like 1