Gecko Meltdown.

sceadugenga

We've got a young couple staying with two small girls age 4 and 6.

The kids were sick of hotels and had a great time back in a real house, ran the dog ragged and ate everything in sight after a few days of being slightly unwell on hotel/resort food.

All was well until they went to bed and the youngest looked up and saw a 2 inch gecko on the ceiling.

I'm surprise the screams never had the village police down investigating.

Been a loooong night. sad.png

• Like 2

My 5 year old daughter loves geckos.

She even saves the eggs that turn up when cleaning. Some even hatch for her!

I like em too. Except for all the poop!

Ever notice that gecko poop is black with one white spot on it?

Why the white spot?

Ever wonder?

post-147745-0-40869300-1379908609_thumb.

The Geckos have a nasty habit of dropping from their vertical playgrounds. I seem to have them land or bounce off me on occasion when walking the perimeters. Sometimes they are fighting or encounter water when being chased.

Those Tokay big guys are snacking on those light colored little ones.

Why the white spot?

Ever wonder?

It's so you can pick it out of the black pepper more easily.

• Like 1

Why the white spot?

Ever wonder?

The white spot is urine in solid crystal form (uric acid).

Totally correct. They do not piss, and the urates are excreted as a crystal on the end of the turd.

• Like 1

Why the white spot?

Ever wonder?

The white spot is urine in solid crystal form (uric acid).

Absolutely correct Gents, same as bird shit, except bird shit has more of the urates and will bleach-stain anything it lands on and stays on. Cost me a car respray in BKK once.

Usually, a explanation to a fearful newbie of the geckos eating the mozzies works. What do you want, a little poo to clean up occasionally, or mozzie bites?

I have no problem with the geckos, but I keep finding them in my fridge. They are still alive, but very sluggish and pink in colour. I just pick them out and put them on the floor. They warm up after a few seconds and scoot away.

How on earth do they get in your fridge?

Lol. I did wonder about that. I searched all around the closed fridge door for gaps. Not just letting the geckos in, but letting the cold out. I couldn't find any. But, while getting a glass of water from the fridge on night, a gecko that must have been under the fridge door jumped into the fridge and scooted behind the salad box in the bottom. I quickly got him out, but that was the only way they can be getting in. Obviously, the wife and I are missing them jumping in.

As it happens I too get the occasional gecko in my fridge. I have no idea how they get in. Must be when the door is opened, One of the mysteries of life smile.png

Yes, just like wondering if the fridge light stays on or not when you close the door.

• Like 1

As another says, encourage the "ankle biter" to like them through telling her the good deeds they do and would rather run away, than attack her. I like the little critters and was mortified last week to find the door to our Utility Room would not close properly. On closer investigation, I found I had some how squashed about three of the poor blighters in the door jam - felt bad all day, silly me!sad.png

As it happens I too get the occasional gecko in my fridge. I have no idea how they get in. Must be when the door is opened, One of the mysteries of life smile.png

Yes, just like wondering if the fridge light stays on or not when you close the door.

Wel that is the gheckos job so if you give him the boot you only have yourself to blame.

• Like 1

This morning a gecko died on our kitchen ceiling and plopped

onto the counter top. Within 15 minutes the tiny, about 2mm long,

red ants had gotten to it. It's now just a tad bit past 1700 hrs...

this is all that's left....

post-146250-0-85519000-1379932061_thumb.

And yeah...that white spot on a gecko turd is dried uric acid;

gecko's can't piss.

Edited by sunshine51
  • Like 1

Just be grateful it wasn't a giant Tokay with all those spots and beady red eyes.vampire.gif.pagespeed.ce.503w77X5K-.gifxshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

We had one for a while, he used to eat the geckos and crap on the kitchen floor every morning.

The dog hated him.

9642801910_9dd5e9743d_z.jpg

We have a large extended family but they stay outside. I often see three or four at a time.

Just be grateful it wasn't a giant Tokay with all those spots and beady red eyes.vampire.gif.pagespeed.ce.503w77X5K-.gifxshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

We had one for a while, he used to eat the geckos and crap on the kitchen floor every morning.

The dog hated him.

We have a large extended family but they stay outside. I often see three or four at a time.

I can take one of them telling me loudly what he thinks of me but three of them may be a bit much,.

The dog hated him.

I can take one of them telling me loudly what he thinks of me but three of them may be a bit much,.

If you have more than one, you can tell yourself they are talking to each other.wink.png