Gecko Meltdown.

sceadugenga

Just be grateful it wasn't a giant Tokay with all those spots and beady red eyes.vampire.gif.pagespeed.ce.503w77X5K-.gifxshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

I witnessed a similar scene earlier this year. Regular little mosquito-eating house lizzrd on the ceiling in a beach-side restaurant, only the screamer was my 54-year-old sister-in-law (brother's wife), freaking out. Really caused a scene, with an off-duty cop at the next table coming to her "rescue." All Thai people present had a big laugh. She won't be invited back, and should probably never leave North America.

• Like 1

I hate bloody geckos shit all over my kitchen and patio every day I kill on sight and would appreciate any tips to rid my house of them. Whatbthe bhell anyone can find attractive about this vermin is beyond me,

You sir are way out of line here. Geckos are wonderful, friendly creatures and quite witty as well. Have you not seen the Geicho Insurance TV commercials from America?? Some people can be so intolerant and ignorant. ;)

• Like 2

I hate bloody geckos shit all over my kitchen and patio every day I kill on sight and would appreciate any tips to rid my house of them. Whatbthe bhell anyone can find attractive about this vermin is beyond me,

You sir are way out of line here. Geckos are wonderful, friendly creatures and quite witty as well. Have you not seen the Geicho Insurance TV commercials from America?? Some people can be so intolerant and ignorant. wink.png

Our humble dwelling is full of geckos and they do not shit all over the place. There must be bad Karma in your immediate proximity.

You sir are way out of line here. Geckos are wonderful, friendly creatures and quite witty as well. Have you not seen the Geicho Insurance TV commercials from America?? Some people can be so intolerant and ignorant. wink.png

They're fun to watch when boredom sets in...then disappears! Their antics are hilarious...

• Like 1

Totally off-topic, but fridge lights go off when you close the door. If you look closely around the edges of the door frame, you will find a little switch/or sensor and if you touch it, the light will go off.

Here endeth the lesson. ;-)

My 5 year old daughter loves geckos.

She even saves the eggs that turn up when cleaning. Some even hatch for her!

I like em too. Except for all the poop!

Ever notice that gecko poop is black with one white spot on it?

Why the white spot?

Ever wonder?

The white spot is urine in solid crystal form (uric acid).

Totally correct. They do not piss, and the urates are excreted as a crystal on the end of the turd.

That's interesting.

Good to learn something new every day.

And yes, love having a few geckos around the house for pest control.

Totally off-topic, but fridge lights go off when you close the door. If you look closely around the edges of the door frame, you will find a little switch/or sensor and if you touch it, the light will go off.

People who would believe that are the same ones that believe lightning is electricity....not flames thrown by pee.

• Like 1

Gecko s on steroids?

Found this guy on the property about a year ago.

I think I might melt down too if it was in my bedroom!!

Never did get my glasses back!

I know, I know, not a gecko..but still a thrill!

post-147745-0-88470400-1380074708_thumb.

Edited by willyumiii

Just before retiring last night, Cookie and I went outside one last time. Looking around I saw five Tokay hanging around the front of the house. Fortunately they were not doing the nasty for our entertainment. They were surprisingly quite as well, perhaps in a hunting mode.

Little blighters cost me a fortune. Somehow two got inside the top of my oven and fried themselves AND the circuit board. New board had to be ordered from Europe, and took four months to arrive. :-)

I've had a couple of power outages when geckos got into the circuit breaker box for my house and fried themselves. Poor little buggers!

Great band name from the 60s.."The Electric Geckos"post-147745-0-03408100-1380245448_thumb.

Edited by willyumiii

• 2 months later...

People who would believe that are the same ones that believe lightning is electricity....not flames thrown by pee.

Happy now???

post-51056-0-61604300-1386723613_thumb.j

post-51056-0-80102600-1386723632_thumb.j

Happy now???

Thats just the fridge pee's doorbell.

• Like 1

My wife came running to me for help..."Dear come...come quick ! Tokay tokay !"

She pointed out to two of them on the wall and said " Can kill that one ? "

"Why not both ?" i asked. "No, only that one, get rid, get rid..." she replied.

"...and the other one, how ? " i ask again. " This one is ok, this one call-out 9 times. This one good" she said.

"That one call-out how many times ? " i asked. " Only 7 times...no good...I count already " giggle.gif

xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg.pngxohmy.png.pagespeed.ic.shABmucp9T.png ~*

• Like 1

My wife came running to me for help..."Dear come...come quick ! Tokay tokay !"

She pointed out to two of them on the wall and said " Can kill that one ? "

"Why not both ?" i asked. "No, only that one, get rid, get rid..." she replied.

"...and the other one, how ? " i ask again. " This one is ok, this one call-out 9 times. This one good" she said.

"That one call-out how many times ? " i asked. " Only 7 times...no good...I count already " giggle.gif

xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg.pngxohmy.png.pagespeed.ic.shABmucp9T.png ~*

Why would this be wrong?

In my country women choose the numbers for lottery tickets based on their grand children's birthdays and win as often as anyone else. cool.png