BANGKOK 20 April 2019 21:14
Sign in to follow this  
george

Thaivisa launches 2nd Generation Forum App for Android phones and tablets

Tywais: What font size have you set in the App settings?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Tywais: Emoticons issue forum software bug, I have asked the developer to fix this asap. Thanks for bug report!

Tywais: What font size have you set in the App settings?

It was set to normal. I tried every size from small to Very Large and the fonts do not change. I close the app and did a forced stop of it and the fonts still will not change for me. Stays at default (normal) even though it says Very Large.

Tywais. Goto Thaivisa App settings and clean the cache.

Tywais. Goto Thaivisa App settings and clean the cache.

No change and tried several times. Currently uninstalling and re-installing the app. Not a big deal for me, just a minor nuisance. One thing I noticed,if you zoom in where the name overlaps you will see a light gray box on the left on all titles similar to the ones on the emoticon.

//edit - after uninstalling and re-installing the problem is gone now regarding the overlapping fonts and looks fine in Normal mode now. Actually the whole app looks very nice now. The navigation is a big improvement.

Installed it on my Samsung S4...played with it for about 5 minutes....working OK.

Can't say the same for my Onda V971 9.7" tablet, running ICS 4.0.3. App upgraded OK, but it can't get pass the "ThaiVisa Community Forum Classified Ads Cheap Hotel booking" opening screen....it just gets stuck there. First did a reboot of the tablet...didn't help. Then tried clearing the App's Cache, didn't help.....then tried clearing the App's Data, didn't help. Then completely uninstalled the App and reinstalled from Google Play...didn't help...it never gets past the opening screen I mention above. The old app worked fine on the tablet. All other Apps on the tablet (and I have a lot) work fine.

I also get no change in font size anymore and clearing catch did not change it.

It seems to change the font size within a topic, that is the replies, but not the fonts on topic lists.

Installed it on my Samsung S4...played with it for about 5 minutes....working OK.

Can't say the same for my Onda V971 9.7" tablet, running ICS 4.0.3. App upgraded OK, but it can't get pass the "ThaiVisa Community Forum Classified Ads Cheap Hotel booking" opening screen....it just gets stuck there. First did a reboot of the tablet...didn't help. Then tried clearing the App's Cache, didn't help.....then tried clearing the App's Data, didn't help. Then completely uninstalled the App and reinstalled from Google Play...didn't help...it never gets past the opening screen I mention above. The old app worked fine on the tablet. All other Apps on the tablet (and I have a lot) work fine.

Update: Got it to work on my tablet after uninstalling & reloading a couple more times (even download via VPN one time), clearing the cache & data a couple more times, etc...but none of that stuff helped. Well, what got it working? Believe it or not was to "log-off my ThaiVisa account on my computer" and then start the App on the tablet...then the tablet immediately got past the opening page it was hanging-up on and I logged on. I then logged back via my computer no problem. Ok, let's see if the App will start now that I'm logged in via my computer again. Close the App, re-open the App and it starts up fine. I even logoff via the App, closed/restarted/logged back on via the App to ensure it still worked and it did. Beyond me why logging off on my computer for the App's first connection to ThaiVisa made a difference...it didn't make a difference on my Samsung S4. Yeap, beyond me...I may be handsome but I'm not smart enough to figure it out.

Thanks all for feedback so far. I have forwarded all to the developer for action.

Thanks!

Crashes when trying to open personal messages, otherwise seems OK on my galaxy S3 with Android4.1.2

Edit

Cleared the cache. - No change

Restarted the Phone. - No change

Edited by thaimite

It seems to change the font size within a topic, that is the replies, but not the fonts on topic lists.

Indeed it does seem to be working now - I am sure I opened msgs before and that the text was showing no change but guess I must have not gotten it changed out of big mode. Had been using BigFont before to get topic lists enlarged but did not seem to be working after change and removed thinking it might conflict with the large font option. More readable for me using dark mode now.

Crashes too often. Unusable.

Thanks for feedback, but please give us a bit more info.

What make and model of Android do you have? Tabletor phone.

Which Android version?

Cheers

Mtk6589t, full hd res, 1 gb ram, phone is thl w8 beyond.

Android 4.2.1

Edited by muratremix

I think its a great app. Works fine on my s4. Needs some improvement and bug fixes..sometimes it freezes for example when I try to view my messages but otherwise good application. Hats off!

Edited by A1Str8