New Suzuki Line Up

SumetCycle

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

brian, also the suzuki manager lady stated that suzuki will start produce big bikes here like gsxr , hayabusa etc last Saturday when i was checking v strom at promanade.

And she said prices will go down once they do bikes here of course a big deal.

any information about it?

Great news. Really hope that will prompt Honda to produce the Hornet, the only simple, cheap, solid bike that everbody would buy in a blink of an eye.

honda-hornet-2013_5.jpg

Of the Suzukis I only like the trail bike, but it's 125 not 400 as it should.

The Gladius Blue color looks awesome, if it's cheaper than ER6 or not much more expensive than the CB500, it will be a hit for sure.

In Brazil the Gladius costs more than the ER6n, both manufactured locally, including engine.

This has been a longtime coming,nevertheless it's bloody good news.Now all it needs is all the farang biking community to lobby the government on opening up the expressways.Come on Yingluk think of all that extra revenue from expressway tolls.

Anyone know if the Suzuki Bandit 650 is due to make an appearance?What a great forum this is.

The Gladius and V-strom are both ugly IMO but I'd really go for a bike with the 650 V-twin engine. I had an SV650S some years back in UK after many, many years of being a Ducati-bloke. It was a lovely bike and gave great service for 6 years. I think it'd suit my riding style ideally here.

I've just read an MCN roadtest of the Gladius and it gets a rating of 4.5/5. Maybe the appearance could be overlooked if it's such a good bike and if the price is right.

Perhaps a colour other than the drab matt black would go a long way towards improving the looks - I hate matt black on any bike, it looks like a very bad & cheap DIY job - and the blue bike tested by MCN looks OK, I must admit.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

ThunderDuck said "Who thinks up these names? Gladius? ...... ?"

Years ago, Suzuki had a series of bikes called "Katana" which is a Japanese sword. A "Gladius" was a Roman sword from which we get the word Gladiator. Maybe they're continuing with the "sword" theme from time to time.

I'll take one Gladius please. Those engines are rock solid.

Whatever could possibly go wrong with these engines has already been refined throughout the years.

Just dont expect inline 4 performance though, but in the curves it will hold its own.

ThunderDuck said "Who thinks up these names? Gladius? ...... ?"

Years ago, Suzuki had a series of bikes called "Katana" which is a Japanese sword. A "Gladius" was a Roman sword from which we get the word Gladiator. Maybe they're continuing with the "sword" theme from time to time.

I cut my teeth in the Katana era. radical styling for the time ... and I concede your point sword vs sword ... however i just cant get over the conflicting psychological imagery of gladiators and gladioli (flower) ... and I just can't see myself taking the "gladdy" for a spin.

Instrument pod also reminds me of that alien camera head thing from the War of the Worlds movie.

Otherwise I imagine its a pretty bloody good bike.

But there is no questioning the quality of the Suzuki products.....well from me anyway!

Jap made. Tried and tested.

Beats Thai made. Untried and untested. Any day.

If they have decent, competent service centers with staff that actually know and care it will be like a beam of light coming down from the heavens.

Archived