New Suzuki Line Up

SumetCycle

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see.

The Gladius might actually be a bike I'd consider upgrading to depending on how it rides in the city.

The Inazuma 250 could be a bit of a miss, it looks like an upgraded Tiger Boxer.

Definitely not an upgraded Tiger Boxer. Totally different bike, much better in every aspect. you can read the reviews online, so many great reviews.

I always used to think that Suzuki had the best engines/gear boxes. The flying kettle, GS 550, RG500 & GSRX 750, all bikes I had many years back now. These days I totter about on aging Sonic. I would considered a Raider if they appear in Phetch.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

After looking at this line i dont think suzuki will be here very long imho.

Why do you think they are so successful in other continents then? Just wondering??

Not at all as they were in some type of bankruptcy in the usa not to long ago. My thinking is they are trying to expand in this market with a less then average lineup. I dont think the thais will be buying..

Why do you think they are so successful in other continents then? Just wondering??

Not at all as they were in some type of bankruptcy in the usa not to long ago. My thinking is they are trying to expand in this market with a less then average lineup. I dont think the thais will be buying..

I wouldn't be stupid enough to bet against you!

I guess we will know in a year or 2 if your right.

With the Gladius a few cHanges makes all the difference. Especially ridding the bike of that monsterous silver plastic bit on the frame!

post-63954-0-01690700-1380111667_thumb.j

Looks like the Raider 150 is coming back.attachicon.gif1379923403728.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I always liked the gear shift feature. My Kawi I can never tell if I am in 5th or 6th & try to shift to 7th(non existent) The older Honda's had this feature also. If they offer a street fighter kit - I would definitely ditch the fugly plastics on the tank & give the bike a real paint job. I had several Suzi Q's & the Haybusa was a screamer!

The USA Suzuki car division filed for bankruptcy and ceased trading. The motorcycle operation worldwide has always been very profitable for Suzuki.

The USA Suzuki car division filed for bankruptcy and ceased trading. The motorcycle operation worldwide has always been very profitable for Suzuki.

Seems like they are No.1 by volume in Japan.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-news/statistics/motorcycle-sales-statistics.htm

Personally I've always seen less Suzuki than other brands on the streets, in any country.

I think that's great news. The Gladius is an excellent bike and looks good, but I saw the Inazuma 250 at the Motorshow and was very disappointed. It looked cheap and badly designed, as if the designer couldn't decide if he wanted it to look more retro or modern....and opted for both, badly.

The Rider is also an iconic underbone bike, super fast and powerful...and looks better than the Honda Sonic.

Can't say if their doing good but I am certain they closed about 15% of their motorcycle dealers in the USA. Maybe they were doing some preventive steps.

Can't say if their doing good but I am certain they closed about 15% of their motorcycle dealers in the USA. Maybe they were doing some preventive steps.

Their car making operation is a millstone around their neck and nearly brought the company to it's knees. They'd be better concentrating on motorcycles. Anyway, hopefully we'll see bikes like the Gixer and Hayabusa sold at more competitive prices here and maybe Yamaha will follow suit with the R1 and the new MT-09 :)

This bike is not even released in Japan, it appears to me these are just logical evolutions to the existing line for global markets.

http://acidmoto.ch/cms/content/news/2013/09/06/honda-cbr650f-cb650f-vfr800f-voici-probables-nouveautes-2014

Apparently the price would be 850K Yen = 270K Baht

To me nothing indicates these would be produced or assembled inTthailand. But certainly they can import it, in that case a reasoanble price could be Bt 280K + 100% import, 30% excise, 7% VAT.

This bike is not even released in Japan, it appears to me these are just logical evolutions to the existing line for global markets.

http://acidmoto.ch/cms/content/news/2013/09/06/honda-cbr650f-cb650f-vfr800f-voici-probables-nouveautes-2014

To me nothing indicates these would be produced or assembled inTthailand. But certainly they can import it, in that case a reasoanble price could be Bt 280K + 100% import, 30% excise, 7% VAT.

Sorry I've posted on the wrong thread. I was referring to the Honda CB650R.

The tax would be on the landed price, not the retail price, yes? So that would be about 100.000 + 100% tax = 200.000 + 30% tax = 260.000 + 7% tax = 278.200 plus whatever AP Honda and the dealer add on, so 390.000 isn't out of the question.

With the Z800 costing 375.000 who is going to buy the Honda 650F?

With the Z800 costing 375.000 who is going to buy the Honda 650F?

Me. Although it'll be a lot cheaper than that.

That is not really possible. CBR1000RR in Thailand Bt, 800,000.

Assume the CB650F cost to be about one half of the CBR1000RR, will come to Bt 400,000, or a little below if they want to be aggressive in price.

It will be an imported bike, not locally built or asssembled, unlike the Kawasaki.

Then if not so, I will be happy to be proven wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Any ideas on approximate release dates for the Raider??? Thanks wai.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any word on pricing?

Saw some of the "new" Suzuki line up today at the Buriram Motor Show.

Van Van .... 100 K Baht

Burgman 200 cc ABS ...... 200 K Baht

V-Strom 650 cc ABS ...... 350 K Baht (VERY nicely decked out with Suzuki hard pannier set)

Inazuma GW250 cc ....... 220 K Baht blink.png

Suzuki van van is 125 cc.

here are teh specs. Bike looks like it can go forever!

Good for the riders living on/close to the beach on Islands, Krabi etc especially.

but tires look too thick for going into trails.

Specifications
Top speed 60 mph 1/4-mile acceleration 23 secs Max power 12 bhp Max torque 7 ft-lb Weight 120 kg Seat height 770 mm Fuel capacity 7.5 litres Average fuel consumption 90 mpg Tank range 150 miles Annual road tax Insurance group

5 of 17

Engine size 124 cc Engine specification 2v single cylinder, 6 gears Frame Steel cradle Front suspension adjustment None Rear suspension adjustment Preload Front brakes 220mm disc Rear brake 110mm disc Front tyre size 130/80 x 18 Rear tyre size 180/80 x 14

Archived