New Suzuki Line Up

SumetCycle

Any word on pricing?

Saw some of the "new" Suzuki line up today at the Buriram Motor Show.

Van Van .... 100 K Baht

Burgman 200 cc ABS ...... 200 K Baht

V-Strom 650 cc ABS ...... 350 K Baht (VERY nicely decked out with Suzuki hard pannier set)

Inazuma GW250 cc ....... 220 K Baht blink.png

Thanks for the heads up.

A little disappointed that the Inazuma will be so expensive. I'm looking to buy a bike somewhere in the 250-500 cc range next year, and I like the look of the Inazuma... but if that's the price looks like I'll be going with a Honda or a Kawasaki.

I'm guessing these bikes are being imported from Japan? I had read awhile ago they were planning to start manufacturing some of the bigger bikes here, maybe the prices will drop a bit if/when that happens? I just can't see anybody shelling out for the Inazuma at that price.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the heads up.

A little disappointed that the Inazuma will be so expensive. I'm looking to buy a bike somewhere in the 250-500 cc range next year, and I like the look of the Inazuma... but if that's the price looks like I'll be going with a Honda or a Kawasaki.

I'm guessing these bikes are being imported from Japan? I had read awhile ago they were planning to start manufacturing some of the bigger bikes here, maybe the prices will drop a bit if/when that happens? I just can't see anybody shelling out for the Inazuma at that price.

The V Strom is 100% imported from Japan (A good point) and BTW its 350,000b plus another 50,000b for the ;Adventurer pack'. Which to me seems cheap for all the extra's.

Thanks for the heads up.

The V Strom is 100% imported from Japan (A good point) and BTW its 350,000b plus another 50,000b for the ;Adventurer pack'. Which to me seems cheap for all the extra's.

That is a pretty reasonable price then, for the V-Strom at least. The Inazuma and the Van Van seem way overpriced though. Especially the Inazuma. Who would pay 220,000 for it when the Honda CB500 and the Ninja 300 are both cheaper?

Just speaking to a Suzuki rep and he said they are to open another 4 big bike shops with Korat being the 2nd (already have one and only in BKK) then (strangely enough) Buriram being the third location.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have been looking at road trip preparation on Youtube and all these guys who take long trips on bikes, even lasting years have Suzukis, almost without exception, are their bikes really that exceptional?

Celebrities Ewan McGreggor and Charlie Boreman took BMW's (after KTM pulled out) and they had quite a few problems, but these Suzuki guys all seemed to be okay and any repairs they did themselves at the roadside with an adjustable and a screwdriver..

Now that Honda have put their prices up in Thailand, certainly on the Wave, Suzuki are now the cheapest, well at that level anyway.

Does anyone know of a hire shop with a 650 V Strom? I am seriously considering buying one of these following crawling all over one at a local car/bike show. The salesman was unsure if Suzuki BKK do test-rides.

Any ideas guys????

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Any word on pricing?

Saw some of the "new" Suzuki line up today at the Buriram Motor Show.

Van Van .... 100 K Baht Way to expensive.

Burgman 200 cc ABS ...... 200 K Baht Way to expensive....and looks like it's at least 10 years old!

V-Strom 650 cc ABS ...... 350 K Baht (VERY nicely decked out with Suzuki hard pannier set) With the panniers a deal. without the panniers..........

Inazuma GW250 cc ....... 220 K Baht blink.png Oh cum on Suzuki, are you really stupid or what?

Van Van .... 100 K Baht Way to expensive. blink.png

Burgman 200 cc ABS ...... 200 K Baht Way to expensive....and looks like it's at least 10 years old! facepalm.gif

V-Strom 650 cc ABS ...... 350 K Baht (VERY nicely decked out with Suzuki hard pannier set) With the panniers a deal. without the panniers.......... whistling.gif

Inazuma GW250 cc ....... 220 K Baht blink.pngOh cum on Suzuki, are you really stupid or what? w00t.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Gladius 650 ABS is 319000 baht (costs 320000 baht in the UK). All the reviews I've read have been favourable. Quick revving, bulletproof gem of an engine, top speed 196kmh, 0-100kmh in 3.9 secs, 202kgs kerb weight, excellent build quality (manufactured in Japan). Suzuki have dropped the Gladius name in other markets where it's simply known as the SFV650.

Gladius 650 ABS is 319000 baht (costs 320000 baht in the UK). All the reviews I've read have been favourable. Quick revving, bulletproof gem of an engine, top speed 196kmh, 0-100kmh in 3.9 secs, 202kgs kerb weight, excellent build quality (manufactured in Japan). Suzuki have dropped the Gladius name in other markets where it's simply known as the SFV650.

gladious is a nice bike and favored by many riders in this world as an easy mid sized big bike.

bullet proof yes and its engine has rave reviews.

Only problems for me is it looks so gay imo and 320 k thb does not make sense as honda offers an inline four bike with more power and better spec for 20 k less.

but anyway, one cannot go wrong with a Suzuki Gladius.

gladious is a nice bike and favored by many riders in this world as an easy mid sized big bike.

Only problems for me is it looks so gay imo and 320 k thb does not make sense as honda offers an inline four bike with more power and better spec for 20 k less.

I'd say that the in-line four and a V-Twin are not really aiming for the same market.

One is aiming for customers who would probably rather have a "Jap Made" in-line four with the suspension that comes with those bikes, where as the other is aiming for people who want a mid-range touring bike that is going to be easier to maintain and man-handle on light off-road expeditions.

Ah, but four cylinders is not necessarily better than two and I will be surprised if the Honda can match the Suzy's acceleration, although it won't be too far behind. When I am able I will test ride the Honda CB650F (which I like the look of, and if a decent bike represents great value) and the Suzuki which although quirky looking I find easy on the eye. When you say it looks gay do you mean in a leather capped, big moustachioed, macho kind of way or limp wristed and effeminate :) ?

I'd say that the in-line four and a V-Twin are not really aiming for the same market.

One is aiming for customers who would probably rather have a "Jap Made" in-line four with the suspension that comes with those bikes, where as the other is aiming for people who want a mid-range touring bike that is going to be easier to maintain and man-handle on light off-road expeditions.

yes but both bikes are mid size bikes with mid range touring capabilities with similar prices so both bikes are offered to the same market for the people looking for an affordable and easy to handle bike and honda cb650f is only 4 kgs heavier than the suzuki gladius although being an inline four with more room.

Ah, but four cylinders is not necessarily better than two and I will be surprised if the Honda can match the Suzy's acceleration, although it won't be too far behind. When I am able I will test ride the Honda CB650F (which I like the look of, and if a decent bike represents great value) and the Suzuki which although quirky looking I find easy on the eye. When you say it looks gay do you mean in a leather capped, big moustachioed, macho kind of way or limp wristed and effeminate smile.png ?

Didn't ask me, but looking at this:

ext-1308660940suzuki-gladius-650cc-09.jp

reminds me of this:

article-2299198-18EC9A1E000005DC-363_634

Ah, but four cylinders is not necessarily better than two and I will be surprised if the Honda can match the Suzy's acceleration, although it won't be too far behind. When I am able I will test ride the Honda CB650F (which I like the look of, and if a decent bike represents great value) and the Suzuki which although quirky looking I find easy on the eye. When you say it looks gay do you mean in a leather capped, big moustachioed, macho kind of way or limp wristed and effeminate smile.png ?

reminds me of this:

But you wish you had his money

And his talent.

I don't have anything against gay guys...in fact if more guys were gay than the competition for the ladies would be that much easier. I do dislike lesbians though...have their pie and wanting to eat it also is very selfish.

reminds me of this:

You bear a striking resemblance to Reg Dwight.

And his talent.

I don't have anything against gay guys...in fact if more guys were gay than the competition for the ladies would be that much easier. I do dislike lesbians though...have their pie and wanting to eat it also is very selfish.

why dislike lesbians? I like lesbian or bisexual girls! Had some before.

A lesbian girlfriend means unlimited threesomebiggrin.png

Enough of lesbians, back to the bike, is this the same model that is sold as SFV650 ABS in the UK? If so Suzuki do a Sports Tourer version (same bike just some add-ons) for an extra £600 (30,000 Baht). I wonder if that would be available here.

One might speculate the "touring set" for 49,000 Baht is the same as the "sports tourer kit" for £599 in the UK. And one might also speculate it could be added to both the Gladius or the V-strom. Though I was referring to the Gladius.

I like it even though some posters feel its looks do not appeal. In fact, since I have a trait to resist the crowd mentality, I like it even more.

Archived