'Floating Market' NORTH of Pattaya - where?

BoonToong

Hi folks.

A couple of times over the past 3 years I have seen a floating market by the side of the road as my bus passed by. Trouble is, driving around in my car, I can't find it again!

it is definitely at least 10 miles NORTH of Pattaya on one of the many roads to Bangkok. It is a mix of stalls and shops built of wood on a large lake - Anyone know where it is please?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by BoonToong

Have to say, I've been there ... and was pleasantly surprised.

post-104736-0-50152200-1380069823_thumb.

post-104736-0-31690200-1380069826_thumb.

post-104736-0-55512800-1380069828_thumb.

Drove past a few weeks ago with the Thai Family and the report was that it was busy on the week-ends.

I must have gone there during the week because there weren't that many people about.

Go towards Jomtien, past South Pattaya Rd, Past Big C South, keep going a few more kilometers

until you see Buses, Buses, and more Buses on your left side. Hard to miss them all unless

its 1AM-9AM. When you see them stop quickly because parking lot entrance comes before the

bus line.

Thanks guys, I know the one you are all referring to (it's on Tripadvisor), but the one I have seen is NORTH of Pattaya (sorry, I can't be more specific than that) but I can't find it on any website.

It is also man-made and aimed at tourists, but it's still pretty good. Only other thing I remember is that just after the arched entrance, there is a pretty large covered shrine in front of you. They also do a trade in taking your photo as you enter and selling it as you exit.

There's a floating market not far from the Siam Country Club, just off 36 and next to the Bira race track. It's called the Lake View Floating Market. It's 4 or 5 klms off route 7 - maybe you saw a sign from route 7? If you did, it gives the impression of being well north of Pats, but it's actually directly east of Na Klua. I think it's also signposted in Na Klua somewhere near the turn off to the crocodile farm.

Best way to get there without getting lost is take Route 7 at Na Klua (the road to BKK), drive about 12 klm and then turn right on route 36. Travel 5 klm to the Bira track and turn right there. It's 1 klm down that road.

Or............google it and take the dodgy roads all over the darkside to get lost.

Cheers whistling.gif

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 1

Thanks so far guys. I'm trying/going to try all of those options but still no joy.

I know I'm not dreaming because I have a couple of photos of things I saw in the market (but the photos hold no clues).

I even asked an old girlfriend who had been there with me and frogs and chocolate spring to mind (she thinks it's the one South of Patts too).

I'll let you all know when I find it (or if I am carted off to the funny farm).