Yorkie Goes Forth

phusingpete

] THE SAGA OF YORKIES DAY OUT

As faithfully recorded by an eye witness

Having arrived at Bergens Suan Loong Daeng farm stay for the much heralded Ubon FC BBQ, we settled down in the lavish bar for a long awaited cold beer .The we was I myself and my Thai wife who is Hi So, but not I hasten to add a microbiologist, believe me she likes things big.

There we were, a group of farang and Thai’s blissfully chatting away supping our beer when I heard the whispering going around the bar. “Oh no, Yorkies here” or to be more precise,”OH <deleted> ME NO!!!!! YORKIES HERE!!!!!! Having read on TV of the infamous Yorkies many exploits, I was determined to keep some distance between him and my Hi So TW. I then began a search of the premises in order to locate and avoid him. Without drawing attention to myself I looked under every table, which I understood to be his favourite position in the Farang Connection. Finding nothing I returned to my table and continued chatting away merrily with my new farang acquaintances.

You will imagine, dear reader, my surprise and consternation when I discovered that the farang sitting opposite me, who had been waxing lyrical all evening about property prices in the UK, used cars in Thailand and other important issues, was none other than Yorkie himself. Apart from his distinct Spike Milligan visage, ie. Small, mean beady eyes and unshaven stubble, I had not a clue. He had been sitting UPRIGHT at the table supping his chang in a most dignified manner. Clearly this man had been much maligned, thought I.

After a not inconsiderable number of chang beers, the said Yorkie calls it a day. First however he decides to visit the toilet, which is within sight and easy reach of our table. Tottering slightly but upright, Yorkie goes forth, and then disappears. Dear readers it was a strange and Erie sight to behold. I myself thought of alien abduction, time warp or maybe he had beamed himself to the Farang Connection. The fact is one minute he was there next minute he was gone.

The assembled farang though deeply concerned and mystified by this strange encounter continued steadfastly to drink their beers. It was some time before we saw the remains of Yorkie lying prostrate in one of Bergens antique buffalo carts, one leg at a distinct right angle pointing to the heavens, not unlike the hand of God, but pointing the other way. Yorkie was then, with great ceremony, hauled away to his luxury cabin,aptly named valhalla .We farang, after briefly looking skyward to see what astrological wonders Yorkie was pointing at, ordered more beer and continued supping away into the wee hours..

Next morning we went to the bar for breakfast to be greeted by Yorkie who had risen, Lazarus like in valhala said "<deleted> this" and made his way to the bar. Deep joy we cried. He then explained the mysterious events of the preceding evening. On making his way to the toilet he had felt the uncanny urge to perform a couple of double Lutz’s. Having performed one perfect (according to him) double Lutz he was then struck down with an attack of Deadleg, an affliction he had contracted on one of his many tropical adventures and as a consequence fell into the undergrowth.

This explanation was confirmed in part by Gerry a farang sitting next to me who confirmed he had seen one double Lutz but could only give Yorkie 2 points for technical ability and nil poit for artistic interpretation, which he said was <deleted>. Anyhow Yorkie assured us that all was now well then declared that all the drinks were on him, so we continued to sup our beers and all agreed that the Ubon FC BBQ had been a really great day… :o

Tottering slightly but upright, Yorkie goes forth, and then disappears. Dear readers it was a strange and Erie sight to behold. I myself thought of alien abduction, time warp or maybe he had beamed himself to the Farang Connection. The fact is one minute he was there next minute he was gone.

It was his round next! :o

good to see some things never change :D:D:o:D:D

I phoned the lad up on Sunday, and he told me he was suffering from a bad case of the Flu, and it affected his weekend.

I phoned my supplier this morning and asked him for 12 cases of Flu, I just assumed it was a new beer Yorky had taken a shine to. Alas, he had never heard of it. Must be an Ubon brew.