Our Flooded Life In Sisaket......

sirchai

As the saying goes, 'with friends like that, who needs enemies?'

It's always at times when the chips are down that you find out who your friends really are!

I certainly believe in karma and on several occasions have found out that so-called friends are really leeches and still profess to being a friend when it comes down to the nitty gritty. I will always remember my late mother saying to me; "always look on the bright side of life". It has helped me through the ups and downs of life. She was a great Monty Python fan ... Bless her.

All the very best for the future.

In times of hardship or just being down on my luck I 'just give a whistle' and I watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

Just noticed you have deleted your last post?

Edited by Madgee
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As the saying goes, 'with friends like that, who needs enemies?'

It's always at times when the chips are down that you find out who your friends really are!

I certainly believe in karma and on several occasions have found out that so-called friends are really leeches and still profess to being a friend when it comes down to the nitty gritty. I will always remember my late mother saying to me; "always look on the bright side of life". It has helped me through the ups and downs of life. She was a great Monty Python fan ... Bless her.

All the very best for the future.

In times of hardship or just being down on my luck I 'just give a whistle' and I watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

Just noticed you have deleted your last post?

Just a short update. Seems that we've found the right place,where we'll move in by end of this month. A big house with a garden, etc..

I'm glad that we'd met this wonderful older lady who let us stay at her house for so long. Can't wait to have the feeling again to actually drive home. Guess you've read the deleted post, yep things like that really open your eyes and show who your friends are.

But their Karma will follow them. Wish you a good time.

Cheers and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Mia Noi. We'll make a little New Year's party, if we make it in time. Kunwadee, Soi 2...-wai2.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Short update. We've actually found the right place to stay and will move into our new rented house by the end of this month.

The older lady who let us stay in her house for so long is our angel and I don't even know what i could give her to show her how much she'd helped us.

She treats my wife like her own daughter, I couldn't even pay for the water and electricity. All she took was 50% of the bill. I'm happy and speechless....

She'll be back from a holiday in Nepal next week and I'd appreciate any thoughts how to show an older woman, that we love her a lot and what she did for us, without questioning anything.

What would be a nice gift for her, that would be affordable living on a tiny salary?

I hope the next year won't bring floods back to those who went through such a horror trip.

Wish all guys a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year 2014.-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Interesting my wife's village is near Chumphae and it never floods. Sisaket is not that that far away but enough to see a big difference water levels wise.

Maybe you could just show your appreciation by inviting her for dinner occasionally. Just do little acts of kindness to show your appreciation. If she's away on a holiday, it's always nice to come home and find some fresh fruit and vegetables to eat.

Best of luck in your new house!

Edited by krisb
  • Like 1

Interesting my wife's village is near Chumphae and it never floods. Sisaket is not that that far away but enough to see a big difference water levels wise.

Maybe you could just show your appreciation by inviting her for dinner occasionally. Just do little acts of kindness to show your appreciation. If she's away on a holiday, it's always nice to come home and find some fresh fruit and vegetables to eat.

You're welcome. The reason why it was that heavy was only because of human stupidity. They kept two dams, one in Khuk Khaan, the other one in Phoosing area to 110 % full. I thought 100 % would be the maximum....

They also knew that they'd used shitty material, it was sure that they'd brake down and that's exactly what had caused the flood. Nobody was even thinking to release some water, as it was in the rainy season.

But the joke was that it didn't even rain, when our life, not just the house, got flooded. Thanks, for the nice words.;wai2.gif

You're welcome. The reason why it was that heavy was only because of human stupidity. They kept two dams, one in Khuk Khaan, the other one in Phoosing area to 110 % full. I thought 100 % would be the maximum....

They also knew that they'd used shitty material, it was sure that they'd brake down and that's exactly what had caused the flood. Nobody was even thinking to release some water, as it was in the rainy season.

But the joke was that it didn't even rain, when our life, not just the house, got flooded. Thanks, for the nice words.;wai2.gif

Best of luck for 2014 and hope you have researched your new living area well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A short update, or our Happy End.

We could stay more than three months at the nice older lady's house, who treated us like her relatives. I'm more than thankful ,as we could find a decent house now.

I was pretty much speechless, as family from Europe had sent some money to buy some new furniture and we're more than happy about our new place in Sisaket town.

4 K/month, but big, two bathrooms, carport, etc..three air conditioners, a nice neighborhood, the right one a lawyer, the left one a cop..

\

Opposite my wife's cousin. Got my own office and life's enjoyable again. Nice to have that feeling again to actually drive home.

That on the other hand wouldn't be as it is without our Angel " Babette.", who'd told us that we could live at her house for so long.

It's always nice to have friends,.even when it's mostly people you'd never think they are. And those you'd thought they were, aren't.

There're many days where I din't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Wish all "Isaanjeros" a great time in this wonderful place called Isaan.- wai2.gif

We could stay more than three months at the nice older lady's house, who treated us like her relatives. I'm more than thankful ,as we could find a decent house now.

I was pretty much speechless, as family from Europe had sent some money to buy some new furniture and we're more than happy about our new place in Sisaket town.

4 K/month, but big, two bathrooms, carport, etc..three air conditioners, a nice neighborhood, the right one a lawyer, the left one a cop..

\

Opposite my wife's cousin. Got my own office and life's enjoyable again. Nice to have that feeling again to actually drive home.

That on the other hand wouldn't be as it is without our Angel " Babette.", who'd told us that we could live at her house for so long.

It's always nice to have friends,.even when it's mostly people you'd never think they are. And those you'd thought they were, aren't.

There're many days where I din't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Wish all "Isaanjeros" a great time in this wonderful place called Isaan.- wai2.gif

Hope it's not a floodarea again because not only you had problems these time. But you Know for sure all places to live. I still don't get your point with the topic and that all this happend to you with all your knowledge. May you just been looking for sympathy ?

\

Hope it's not a floodarea again because not only you had problems these time. But you Know for sure all places to live. I still don't get your point with the topic and that all this happend to you with all your knowledge. May you just been looking for sympathy ?

I moved into Kunwadee, which was flooded every year. But it never flooded again, as they'd changed the river bed of the moon river.

We'd to move out and stayed at a place that's even much lower than Kunwadee, NOT knowing that.

Apparently, it was a man made flood, as two dams broke down, because they kept them to 110% full, and also Kunwadee was flooded last year.

I wasn't looking for sympathy, it was just a psychological reason to post this topic and to warn others.

How many foreigners are asking the neighborhood if it's a floodi area, when moving into a house? -wai2.gif

I did it twice and also checked out the houses around. Many places I have been had watermarks up to 2-3 feed and I left. Open eyes can save you many problems.

Sorry, but it seems that some people, including me, need a "wake up call". I might get in touch with the local monk hood and a fortune teller to be sure.-wai2.gif

I genuinely feel sorry for you and hope that the future bodes you well, it must be heart-breaking to see not only your property but others as well under water. As you say, 'will have to start again', so I really do wish you well in the future and I'm sure my sentiments are echoed around anyone who hears about your plight.

Looking at those photos makes me feel very lucky that I'm in an area not prone to flooding, sort of brings home the reality of living in LOS.

All the very best and thank you for the photos.

All o,ur feelings go out to anyone who gets flooded out,our little town here in aus copped it a couple of years ago, the darling downs was flooded for weeks and weeks, but we neighbours on higher ground opened our houses to flood victims, an area bigger than the UK was underwater for weeks, on the 3rd night of the floods ,thieves were on the prowl in abundance, plenty of victims who had escaped the floods in the clothesthey stood up in, returned home to find their homes stripped and bare, thieves were driving out from the cities towing power boats and tinnies to do their evil deeds, hope verything clears up for you soonwai.gif

Our village flooded too.

People were catching fish where the roads would have been.

Our cisterns were all full of good drinking water.

The government / politicians helped us a lot.

They brought us canned fish and bottled water![

post-147745-0-67917900-1389930118_thumb.post-147745-0-93174800-1389930188_thumb.post-147745-0-87482600-1389930231_thumb.post-147745-0-58750500-1389930277_thumb.

• 5 years later...
On 9/27/2013 at 2:24 PM, sirchai said:

Thanks. Yes, I do know Willem from Belgium, but he'd left Kulawadee many moons ago. Haven't heard anything from him. The Canadian Grad seems to be divorced from his wife. He used to live in Soi 7, when he was here.

No idea about a Neil..but must have met him.

Life must go on. Feel sorry for so many others too.We'd just moved into this place after the temple and then a flood. Life's a bitch.-wai.gif

Are there many English speaking farang at Sisaket.