BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
MikeWill

Martial Arts for girls

shaolin kungfu by small well trained monks. good taichi and bagua internal martial arts brazilian jujitsu and capoeira and some karate styles all more than equal to mt done by top practitioners to reach full potential by anyone 100% dedication required techniqes perfect example shorinji karate at least 1yr to go from white belt to 1st grading. by master this is relevent to people who are serious young people starting m arts need good instructor and learn humility and develop technnique spef power mentality fitness flexibility and time many scools grade up students for profit above competence hence alot of bunnies out there with bad attitude confidence no competence from cocko

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

shaolin kungfu by small well trained monks. good taichi and bagua internal martial arts brazilian jujitsu and capoeira and some karate styles all more than equal to mt done by top practitioners to reach full potential by anyone 100% dedication required techniqes perfect example shorinji karate at least 1yr to go from white belt to 1st grading. by master this is relevent to people who are serious young people starting m arts need good instructor and learn humility and develop technnique spef power mentality fitness flexibility and time many scools grade up students for profit above competence hence alot of bunnies out there with bad attitude confidence no competence from cocko

I'm just going from my own experiences here smile.png

Back in the 90's I spent 4 months in Sityodtong camp and learned more there than in 11 years of going to TKD/Freestyle etc back in the UK.

But this isn't a competition, just a friendly observation smile.png

Have you tried these forms of Martial Arts yourself?

I ask because you really need to have experienced both Muay Thai and some other form to make a balanced opinion.

Edited by chonabot

in answer to have i tried any of these forms myself yes shorinji karate 11yrs 2nd dan b belt hapkeido 5yrs and shaolin kempo 7yr and have sparred and practiced with capoeira and muay thai exponants of good capabilities but now have a knee and ankel injury and teach shorinji part time

in answer to have i tried any of these forms myself yes shorinji karate 11yrs 2nd dan b belt hapkeido 5yrs and shaolin kempo 7yr and have sparred and practiced with capoeira and muay thai exponants of good capabilities but now have a knee and ankel injury and teach shorinji part time

Sweet, i always wanted to try Capoeira :)

I also picked up a knee injury..bye bye full contact :(

• Like 1

Mike i do not think it really matters which style of martial arts your daughter is going to do,it is not for everybody and just let her try out a few things and see what and if she likes it.

Not a lot kids have the mental ability to want to gauge some ones eyes or even do worse.

Even in advanced classes there are people who can not cross the line of actual hurting some body.

But no matter what style it is she will most certainly gain a lot of confidence and that in itself is worth a lot.

If she wants to become serious about it ,it will be her decision.

Martial arts and self defense is most of all a state of mind,i will be nice but if you touch me i will take you down.If you have this attitude it will show and most people will leave you alone.Do not look like a victim but show confidence.

Edited by jvs
  • Like 2