first experince of gf isaan village

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we only spent 3 weeks in the village I had a great time a little bored after 7pm when everyone just disappears

but soon learnt the reason for that was because everyone is up at the crack of dawn.

As I was not used to rising early the first week I would sleep till 9, until the searing heat from the tin roof, the loud speakers, several

animals and locals talking/shouting finally became to much.

that says it all..BOREDOM..

hotrod

Yes I was bored at first as I was used to late nights and never saw the mornings, but after a while realised the morning a very nice and properly the best time of day.

Don't get me wrong I know its not going to be bubbling with excitement 24/7 but as I said this is are first child and for the first 5 or so years will be nice place to watch my child grow. if I took them bk to the uk would be working the majority of the time. so as I have the chance to see my child grow I will take it with both hands.

We will being spending 3/4 months a year in the uk visiting family and some work, also have young friends living in khon kean so some weekends will be spent up there enjoying the nightlife. so a good mix I feel.

The girlfriend is a only child so not to much interference

hotrod

Yes I was bored at first as I was used to late nights and never saw the mornings, but after a while realised the morning a very nice and properly the best time of day.

Don't get me wrong I know its not going to be bubbling with excitement 24/7 but as I said this is are first child and for the first 5 or so years will be nice place to watch my child grow. if I took them bk to the uk would be working the majority of the time. so as I have the chance to see my child grow I will take it with both hands.

We will being spending 3/4 months a year in the uk visiting family and some work, also have young friends living in khon kean so some weekends will be spent up there enjoying the nightlife. so a good mix I feel.

The girlfriend is a only child so not to much interference

see how it goes ,,best of luck..learn issan quickly...

Nice first post and it reminds me about my own first show up 10+ years ago. Except the baby thing I experienced the same and still live inside the family clan, in our own small house. Never rued one second. And true, we go to bed at 8pm and are up with the sun. Enjoy Isaan

Fatfather

Sent from my phone

Quite right. In the village where I live they speak Khmer too. I speak good Thai and by doing that I can also now pick up Khmer.

Thai is used everywhere so learn that first. The dialects can be kept for a bit of banter with the locals.