first experince of gf isaan village

robbieh I will be living with the in-laws for 11 months until I even think about building, so I have plenty of time to see how I get on.

The gf is an only child, and her parents are 66 so the land will be passed on to the gf and child, probably by the time im 50.

Thank you for your post always good to read others opinion's.

If all does go wrong like any marriage in the world can do and I only loose £20-30k ill live with that. certainly cheaper than getting divorced in the west.

Would be interesting to start a post ( have you lost more money to your western or thai wife)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To everyone, but I'll be honest, KunMatt is in front of mind ... what consideration is given to access by the grandparents / other close relatives?

Just know how strong Family connections are in Thailand.

And you are an expert in such matters.....Not...

LLiT: Welcome to Isaan. Always nice to see someone coming in with the proper attitude. With the baby on the way, and KK only an hour away, you may wish to consider building or buying there, for Junior's educational purposes. That, and there's likely more for you and the (soon-to-be) Missus to do as well. Never fear, grandma and grandpa will be visiting often enough. Just a thought.

LLiT: Welcome to Isaan. Always nice to see someone coming in with the proper attitude. With the baby on the way, and KK only an hour away, you may wish to consider building or buying there, for Junior's educational purposes. That, and there's likely more for you and the (soon-to-be) Missus to do as well. Never fear, grandma and grandpa will be visiting often enough. Just a thought.

HI thanks for a good reply.

I did think about khon kaen but I would like our child to grow up around the whole family in an village environment for the first 5 years at least, then see where we are at.

I also think the family will be of great help, as I hear raising a child is very hard work.

Once the baby grows up a bit the misses and I can have some nights out without the worry of looking for a babysitter. clap2.gif

To be honest just playing it all by ear at the moment, am on a long learning curve.

To everyone, but I'll be honest, KunMatt is in front of mind ... what consideration is given to access by the grandparents / other close relatives?

Just know how strong Family connections are in Thailand.

And you are an expert in such matters.....Not...

Hi there cMe2 ... have we met?

No, I don't think so.

A bit presumptive to think that you know what I have experienced ... facepalm.gif

In the statement you quote, I asked a question and made a statement.

Only the statement in your mind could be wrong.

My statement is "Just know how strong Family connections are in Thailand."

Are you saying my statement is wrong and that indeed ... Family connections are weak in Thailand ?

• 1 month later...
at 31... very young for village life...i survived 4 years...but the boredom and the interference from the family was just to much..

no privacy at all..the more they get used to you..the more they expect...

life in the village can be good and bad...in my village they spoke what they call issan..so i spoke thai and every body ignored me...

so i learnt issan...then it was falang lauw mak..which means falang aint stupid..be careful what you say..

yes they talk about you and money all day long...

this wont be easy for you for sure

you sure they weren't sayin you very handsome ?