BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
lovinglifeinthailand

first experince of gf isaan village

If you speak and write good English which obviously you do. Why not teach your child yourself? Easy.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you speak and write good English which obviously you do. Why not teach your child yourself? Easy.

Wow, that is so easy! You've just solved all of the problems for raising a child in Thailand and Isaan so that they are now safe, healthy and well educated and have the values and morals that I want from them. Congratulations on your amazing insight that nobody has ever considered before. You have just changed my life with that incredible comment.

• Like 1

Wow, that is so easy! You've just solved all of the problems for raising a child in Thailand and Isaan so that they are now safe, healthy and well educated and have the values and morals that I want from them. Congratulations on your amazing insight that nobody has ever considered before. You have just changed my life with that incredible comment.

laugh.png

• Like 1

Hey Matt. I was only speaking from my own experiene. I live in Chonburi but ban nok Chonburi. Every day after work I teach the local kids english for 1hr. It not only helps them to speak english but allows them to teach me thai.

• Like 1

Hey Matt. I was only speaking from my own experiene. I live in Chonburi but ban nok Chonburi. Every day after work I teach the local kids english for 1hr. It not only helps them to speak english but allows them to teach me thai.

I still think you are missing the point. Having my child fluent in English is the easiest thing to solve. My 2 year old speaks English as his first language here in Isaan and still talks Thai and Laos with his Thai family. Him learning English is the least of my worries as he is basically an English baby growing up in Isaan.

Read the rest of this thread for the other more serious problems of raising a child here.

I have 4 children here who all speak fluent English/Thai/Issan.Sep lai. Het eang u. English is easy if you only talk English at home.

I have 4 children here who all speak fluent English/Thai/Issan.Sep lai. Het eang u. English is easy if you only talk English at home.

Yes, I don't disagree, in fact I just said the same thing in my last post. Are you sure you are replying to the correct thread cuz you are not adding anything to the ongoing conversation and it feels like you are arguing a point with someone who is not here?

Life in Issan is the same as life anywhere else. Just chill out see whats happening and adapt. If you want mince and tatties your knackered. I

• Like 1

Life in Issan is the same as life anywhere else. Just chill out see whats happening and adapt. If you want mince and tatties your knackered. I

Thanks but no thanks. That is probably the worst, most ill thought out advice for mine and my children's future anyone has ever given me. I think I will do what I know is best and move back to the UK when I see fit. Thanks for trying though. post-4641-1156693976.gif

I think you should. Your wife probably agrees. Some months in Pattaya and a 3wk trip to Issan. Your almost Thai. Good luck whatever you do.

• Like 1

To everyone, but I'll be honest, KunMatt is in front of mind ... what consideration is given to access by the grandparents / other close relatives?

Just know how strong Family connections are in Thailand.

Thanks but no thanks. That is probably the worst, most ill thought out advice for mine and my children's future anyone has ever given me. I think I will do what I know is best and move back to the UK when I see fit. Thanks for trying though. post-4641-1156693976.gif

Kunmatt,

Have your girlfriend or children been to the uk before.

Kunmatt,

Yes, good question. Took my Mrs to UK and she hated it. Took her to the London sites and the West country too sad.png . BUT, if I had to live in a village or even a cramped soi, I would hate that. I know farangs that have set up in a village and after the novelty wore off they now hate it.

Kunmatt,

3 times, for 2 or 3 months each time. She is best friends with my 2 sisters and Skypes my parents more than I do. She doesn't particularly want to live in the UK but, like me, she knows it is the best thing for our children. There are a few Thai restuarants where I live and a Thai market that imports goods from Thailand nd cost similar to the price of goods here.

If any Thai could take their kid to get a UK upbringing for free do you really think they wouldn't do it?

Nice try. Have another shot...