BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
lovinglifeinthailand

first experince of gf isaan village

Life in Issan is the same as life anywhere else. Just chill out see whats happening and adapt. If you want mince and tatties your knackered. I

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks but no thanks. That is probably the worst, most ill thought out advice for mine and my children's future anyone has ever given me. I think I will do what I know is best and move back to the UK when I see fit. Thanks for trying though. post-4641-1156693976.gif

Kunmatt,

Have your girlfriend or children been to the uk before.

Yes, good question. Took my Mrs to UK and she hated it. Took her to the London sites and the West country too sad.png . BUT, if I had to live in a village or even a cramped soi, I would hate that. I know farangs that have set up in a village and after the novelty wore off they now hate it.

I presume they hate it because they dont have the funds to relocate elsewhere having spent a bucket load already building on family land which will not be sold.

Life in Issan is the same as life anywhere else. Just chill out see whats happening and adapt. If you want mince and tatties your knackered. I

Thanks but no thanks. That is probably the worst, most ill thought out advice for mine and my children's future anyone has ever given me. I think I will do what I know is best and move back to the UK when I see fit. Thanks for trying though. post-4641-1156693976.gif

Kunmatt,

3 times, for 2 or 3 months each time. She is best friends with my 2 sisters and Skypes my parents more than I do. She doesn't particularly want to live in the UK but, like me, she knows it is the best thing for our children. There are a few Thai restuarants where I live and a Thai market that imports goods from Thailand nd cost similar to the price of goods here.

If any Thai could take their kid to get a UK upbringing for free do you really think they wouldn't do it?

Nice try. Have another shot...

Each to there own Kunmatt,

I know my wife wouldn't like to be far from her family.

But just having a 3rd world bottom of asia education,she probably wouldn't pass the immigration requirements anyway.

Kunmatt,

3 times, for 2 or 3 months each time. She is best friends with my 2 sisters and Skypes my parents more than I do. She doesn't particularly want to live in the UK but, like me, she knows it is the best thing for our children. There are a few Thai restuarants where I live and a Thai market that imports goods from Thailand nd cost similar to the price of goods here.

If any Thai could take their kid to get a UK upbringing for free do you really think they wouldn't do it?

But just having a 3rd world bottom of asia education,she probably wouldn't pass the immigration requirements anyway.

Yes each to their own, whatever that means in this context. You're welcome to have another shot at me of you think you have anything else to try and talk down to me with or you can just slope off after everything you admitted to in this thread.

Hope all that money you saved yourself by living in the poorest part of a 3rd world country and all the golf games you played were worth however your kids turn out in the future. Its all on you, you know? Good luck. Edited by KunMatt

Kunmatt,

Yes each to their own, whatever that means in this context. You're welcome to have another shot at me of you think you have anything else to try and talk down to me with or you can just slope off after everything you admitted to in this thread.

Hope all that money you saved yourself by living in the poorest part of a 3rd world country and all the golf games you played were worth however your kids turn out in the future. Its all on you, you know? Good luck.

I missed it,when did you say you were leaving?

Cough ...

To everyone, but I'll be honest, KunMatt is in front of mind ... what consideration is given to access by the grandparents / other close relatives?

Just know how strong Family connections are in Thailand.

Sorry gents ... just clearing my throat .. biggrin.png

Sorry mate. Are you a little fellow cuz everyone keeps overlooking you in here!! tongue.png

Edited by KunMatt
  • Like 1

In about 20 months. Are you mad at me cuz you made yourself look like such a pathetic parent in this thread that you have to keep taking shots at me?? lol

In about 20 months. Are you mad at me cuz you made yourself look like such a pathetic parent in this thread that you have to keep taking shots at me?? lol

I'm not mad at you,i think your pro's and cons for the op to move to issarn and raise a family for a sustainable period have been enlightning and entertaining.

I guess i wont be winning parent of the year this yearsad.pngAfter my son has finished his education he may venture down many roads.but one thing is for sure,thats his future,because he will have a profit making enterprise to fall back on.

• Like 1

It all depends on the individual and the school -- I spend time with a young Isaan girl whose mother speaks only Thai but the young girl can handle herself in English, Chinese, and Japanese... and by young I mean 6 years old.

• Like 2

24 then. 38 now. Hard working in an industry that's awful but paid okay.

Now past it and not well off.

Sent from my MotoA953 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

*Cough*

/Puts on moderator hat

Please avoid taking pot shots at other members. Different opinions are exactly that, different opinions. The opinion can be discussed or debated, but please don't go down the road of taking things personally or making targeted comments at other members. As I know how one thing can lead to another, and that just leaves everyone with a sour aftertaste.

This is the Isaan forum section, we're better than that. Any snide remarks etc can stay in general smile.png

/takes off moderator hat

smile.png

good call, I set this post up to get your pro's and con's not a slanging match.

Everyone has made some good points for both ways and I look forward to hearing more experience.

With regards to education kids with talent and dedication will prosper anywhere and likewise kids can fail anywhere.

That is where the parents guidance helps.

I still have not made my mind up, all I know is the next 4 years i would like to bring my child up in the village.

• Like 2

*Cough*

/Puts on moderator hat

Please avoid taking pot shots at other members. Different opinions are exactly that, different opinions. The opinion can be discussed or debated, but please don't go down the road of taking things personally or making targeted comments at other members. As I know how one thing can lead to another, and that just leaves everyone with a sour aftertaste.

This is the Isaan forum section, we're better than that. Any snide remarks etc can stay in general Posted Image

/takes off moderator hat

Posted Image

good call, I set this post up to get your pro's and con's not a slanging match.

Everyone has made some good points for both ways and I  look forward to hearing more experience.

With regards to education kids with talent and dedication will prosper anywhere and likewise kids can fail anywhere. 

That is where the parents guidance helps.

I still have not made my mind up, all I know is the next 4 years i would like to bring my child up in the village.

We'll all be here if you need help.

Sent from my MotoA953 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I'm not mad at you,i think your pro's and cons for the op to move to issarn and raise a family for a sustainable period have been enlightning and entertaining.

I guess i wont be winning parent of the year this year:(After my son has finished his education he may venture down many roads.but one thing is for sure,thats his future,because he will have a profit making enterprise to fall back on.

Great!

image1full.jpg

Edited by KunMatt

I guess i wont be winning parent of the year this year:(After my son has finished his education he may venture down many roads.but one thing is for sure,thats his future,because he will have a profit making enterprise to fall back on.

Great!

image1full.jpg

Jeez no wonder you have no friends herecoffee1.gif