Pattaya Police arrest two suspects in Ukrainian abduction case

webfact

Pattaya Police arrest two suspects in Ukrainian abduction case

ukraine-11.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Police announced on Thursday the arrest of two men in connection with the recent abduction of a Ukrainian national who was ordered to pay 1 Million Baht to secure his release.

It has now emerged that a fellow Ukrainian businessman based in Pattaya allegedly ordered the abduction as he was owed 1 Million Baht by the victim.

Khun Chanai aged 20 and Khun Piya aged 35 were detained on the strength of an arrest warrant on Thursday. A third abduction suspect Khun Wutipat aged 49 is still outstanding and the Ukrainian suspected of being behind the alleged crime has also yet to be arrested but has made it clear that he denies allegations he is involved.

The victim whose name has been confirmed as Mr. Alexander Konratenko aged 29 was abducted on Wednesday Night by a group of three men who claimed they were Immigration Police Officers who were detaining Mr. Konratenko in connection with immigration offenses. He was taken from Soi Welcome Jomtien Hotel off Jomtien Beach as he waited for a man who he thought was going to purchase his Honda PCX motorbike.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/103956/pattaya-police-arrest-suspects-ukrainian-abduction-case/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-27

Related:
Ukraine Tourist Threatened By So-Called Police Gang

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/670330-ukraine-tourist-threatened-by-so-called-police-gang/

I bet these debt collectors aren't licenced or registered. Normally (in civilised countries) staff (process servers/debt collectors) at debt collecting companies have undergone training, extensive criminal history and working with children checks.

Normal procedure is to send correspondence and to arrange an appropriate payment plan, failing that the process servers will serve a summons and the matter is referred to the courts.

Kidnapping is definitely not an acceptable or legal method.

I bet these debt collectors aren't licenced or registered. Normally (in civilised countries) staff (process servers/debt collectors) at debt collecting companies have undergone training, extensive criminal history and working with children checks.

Normal procedure is to send correspondence and to arrange an appropriate payment plan, failing that the process servers will serve a summons and the matter is referred to the courts.

i have collected debts

a little intimidation definitely helps secure payment

• Like 2

i have collected debts

Maybe so but definitely not legal or acceptable.

in the use of physical force, undue harassment or coercion in contravention of-

Penalty: In the case of a body corporate, 1200 penalty units; In any other case, 240 penalty units or 2 years imprisonment.

have attended a few disputes between people and debt/repossession agents and have been forced to arrest such agents because they refuse to leave a persons premises when asked. Charges such as use threatening words and unlawful assault (placing a person in fear of being assaulted) All an agent can do is request and if the person refuses then civil court action is instigated. Agents are only the 1st step prior to an expensive legal process.

Anyway that is Australia and getting a little off topic.

i have collected debts

Penalty: In the case of a body corporate, 1200 penalty units; In any other case, 240 penalty units or 2 years imprisonment.

have attended a few disputes between people and debt/repossession agents and have been forced to arrest such agents because they refuse to leave a persons premises when asked. Charges such as use threatening words and unlawful assault (placing a person in fear of being assaulted) All an agent can do is request and if the person refuses then civil court action is instigated. Agents are only the 1st step prior to an expensive legal process.

Normal procedure is to send correspondence and to arrange an appropriate payment plan, failing that the

process servers will serve a summons and the matter is referred to the courts.

i have collected debts

Don't know about Australia, but in the UK ,if you take someone to court for non payment of debt, you will be wasting your time.

• Like 2

quote: Don't know about Australia, but in the UK ,if you take someone to court for non payment of debt, you will be wasting your time.unquote

It is actually the same in Australia, but besides you are wasting your time, you will be also wasting your money, because you have to pay for the court proceedures first before they are going to do anything.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

i have collected debts

aah... a telling testimonial from the gentleman who says, "if you fly with crows it's very likely you will be shot down with them."

Omb here we go again with the hate. " Lock them up for 10 years" did you not read that the one manwas only 20 years old? Get a life LMS!!!

Only 20? Oh the poor guy. He didn't know what he was doing he is only a child.

There are men his age fighting and dying for their country in place like afganistan. Mature responsible men at 20 yrs of age but I guess this is Thailand where they don't take personable responsibility for their own actions. Look at the Red Bull guy, 29 yrs old and still considered a poor kid who needs a hug and mummy to wipe away the tears because the bad man yelled at him for making a mistake.

• Like 1

OK, the flamefest is over and you know who you are. Any further will lead to a loss of posting rights. Keep it civil, please.

If you do not like what another poster has said, either calmly state why in a civil manner or else ignore it.

• Like 1

i have collected debts

aah... a telling testimonial from the gentleman who says, "if you fly with crows it's very likely you will be shot down with them."

Dear Mr Atsiii

can you expand on that assertion please?

i am not sure what your meaning is

thank you

best regards

BM

• Like 2

So it seems the kidnapped man brought these events upon himself. Not the right way to get a debt re-payed but no sympathy for the so called victim.

Maybe but certainly even less sympathy for the charming Ukrainian creditor and his mafia methods blink.png

Normal procedure is to send correspondence and to arrange an appropriate payment plan, failing that the

process servers will serve a summons and the matter is referred to the courts.

i have collected debts

Don't know about Australia, but in the UK ,if you take someone to court for non payment of debt, you will be wasting your time.

Nor so. County Court or the Small Claims Court judgements are noted. If the debtor does not pay up within 28 daysof the judgement being handed down then notation of the case is entered in the records of the credit history companies and remains there for 6 years or until the Court authorises the amendment of the record. Thus not settling debts means that avenues of credit are blocked. I agree that it doesn't get your money back in all cases. At the court hearing the defendant has, on oath, to show all their sources of income and outstanding debts. When a scroat that I unwisely lent money to defaulted and I took legal action, I made a note of the creditors that included two banks and I informed them of the judgement. Most loans and advances by financial institutions have a condition that the debt must be immediately repaid if the debtor has a court judgement against them. Now that I had two banks working for me the money was received within a week.

• Like 1

This is the Ukranian mafia , same same as Russian

Not a student of history are we? Do research the fact that that Stalin took all the produce that the Ukraine produced and left those that grew it left to starve to death - as many did.

You'd go many a country mile to find a Ukrainian that harboured rosy thoughts against Russia, and Russians.

You can of course prove the correctness of your facile statement. You might also like to make clear your interpretation of that most overused word 'mafia'.

Can't believe anyone would have sympathy for these Criminals. Attempting to rob B1M ?? and now

some ass holes on this forum think they should not be held responsible for their actions because of

their age; let me tell you 20 years old is not kid today. These MEN must learn that this is a crime, let

them get away with this, and they will be killing people with guns in a year, Get a Life People, this

is not a joke or prank by a 12 year old, these are YOUNG CRIMINALS...Put 'em in jail for a long, long

time. Minimum 10-15 years....lesson learned, the hard way. Shouldn't kidnapping be a charge too !!!!!!

A very simple and clear message here, very well stated by Shakespere I believe. "Neither a borrower nor a lender be" ! and yes, it is pointless trying to recover debts through the legal system. The court decision will be 100% in your favour but the court does not enforce payment hence back to square one. Best thing by far, when someone asks for money, just say you are sorry, you,d like to lend, but all your money is tied up in cash smile.png

• Like 2

i have collected debts

Dear Mr Atsiii

can you expand on that assertion please?

i am not sure what your meaning is

thank you

best regards

BM

Dear Mr Atsiii

i note you have logged in and looked at my post but not responded with an explanation

i realize it may take you sometime to think up something meaningful to say

is it possible you might entertain the notion of answering the question at some time in the future?

thank you for your time and consideration

best regards

BM