Phuket jet-ski operator attacks Israeli tourists

webfact

Why is an assault a non criminal charge?

Because it is a Thai. I thought the police and that high ranking minister had sorted all this jet ski shit out, but they are still at it. If it was a Falange that got the better of the fight with the jet ski guy he would be I jail.

I get sick a little bit more of this country, the tourists are just 2nd rate with them, they think they would live better without them, I would leave if my Thai wife would come but family come first.

• Like 1

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can't just damage peoples jet skis and expect not to compensate them. There was no denial of damage on the Israelis part.

There is no admittance on the Israeli part either - in fact no mention on or about the case from their point of view and yet you pick up on the fact there was no denial. Strange.

• Like 1

Well you can't just damage peoples jet skis and expect not to compensate them. There was no denial of damage on the Israelis part.

There was no comment from the Israeli's Israelis full stop

There was no statement or implication in the article that the Israelis denied they damaged the jet ski whether or not in fact the jet ski was damaged.

People are very quick to rush to judgement of the Thai. Clearly he must have been very angry about something.

I took the liberty of correcting your damaged grammar. No charge for that.

We are not all perfect like you. Any smart ass who hire a jet ski should go around it with his camera on video.

I did the last time and made shaw he see me.

Tip: Before renting a jet ski. whip out the phone/camera and take shots of the jet ski from all angles. Show the pics to the operator. When you return the jet ski ... there will be no claims of damage. A hassle, yes. But necessary in corrupt Thailand unfortunately.

good call

Because it is a Thai. I thought the police and that high ranking minister had sorted all this jet ski shit out, but they are still at it. If it was a Falange that got the better of the fight with the jet ski guy he would be I jail.

I get sick a little bit more of this country, the tourists are just 2nd rate with them, they think they would live better without them, I would leave if my Thai wife would come but family come first.

Since the original question was a non true statement this answer makes no sense at all.

Your wife would feel the same about your home country.

Took a road trip to Heaven last week and had a nice chat with God. He asked me how were things in Thailand. I told Him it's the same old s..t everyday here. You can assault people and get away with it here if you are a Thai for that matter even kill them as long as you use a Samurai sword. I asked Him why on earth did He create these cretins. He told me He lost a bet to the Devil in a card game. If He won the Devil had to quit tempting people and if the Devil won God had to create another Hell on earth. Ergo, Thailand.

I'm interested to kmow if you live in Thailand? and if you do, why? You seem to have a deep seated hatred and loathing for Thais and Thailand

• Like 2

Read it again. They are clearly referring to things like a civil claim for damage and so on.

I am sorry, but you did not answer the question "Why is an assault a non criminal charge?". Clearly they are going to civil court. Read it again.

This case has already been toned down to a non-criminal offence.

Surprised it'll even get to court.

Will be swept under the carpet as usual.

In the end, it will be the court that decide if the case is criminal or not, irrespective of what police say.

Good question. Physical assault must be criminal. My wife told me about this yesterday as was reported in Thai media. Taken a while to be reported by the local English press. I searched for it yesterday, found nothing.

I'm assuming the "non-criminal" reference has something to do with this case apparently being referred to the new Tourist Court???

I'd say... go the regular criminal way, and put the jet ski guy behind bars for all of about 5 minutes before he's released, and free to go back and do the same thing to the next person stupid enough to rent jet skis at Phuket. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Read it again. They are clearly referring to things like a civil claim for damage and so on.

Hang on there, referring to a civil claim with an attack by a person with an object, cannot see getting away with that in a Western Country mate.

Like a friend borrows your drill and comes back with a scratch on it you ok hitting him with the handle of the sledge hammer.

Tip: Before renting a jet ski. whip out the phone/camera and take shots of the jet ski from all angles. Show the pics to the operator. When you return the jet ski ... there will be no claims of damage. A hassle, yes. But necessary in corrupt Thailand unfortunately.

That won't work, the jet ski operator can say the photos you took were taken AFTER you returned the jet ski and hence they can end up being used as evidence against you.

I seem to remember something about these things having compulsory insurance....or was it a dream?

Very interesting point. Owning and operating a vehicle of any sort carries the requirement to have it insured. That should be the very first point made, and/or policies should be reviewed and proper notice given to customers renting; "Be advised that these rented vehicles do not carry any insurance coverage, and the renter is liable for all damage to the vehicle; either pre-existing damage, or damage done during the rental period."

Again; excellent point! Why are the police and the Phuket government allowing uninsured vehicles to be used in a business?

I cannot help but think enough negative things about the Thai mentality and Thai mind that justifies the way they pollute the term "existence" at certain times like this.

I don't know of any car rental company in the world that provides the driver with insurance at no charge. However, they will sell it to you. Again, I don't know why you would make this a Thailand only situation.

That won't work, the jet ski operator can say the photos you took were taken AFTER you returned the jet ski and hence they can end up being used as evidence against you.

You have the logic of a Thai. i.e ... That makes no sense at all. Think about it.

EDIT: Sorry. Penny dropped. Sarcasm ... w00t.gif

Edited by Fullstop
  • Like 2

Hang on there, referring to a civil claim with an attack by a person with an object, cannot see getting away with that in a Western Country mate.

Like a friend borrows your drill and comes back with a scratch on it you ok hitting him with the handle of the sledge hammer.

If you read the OP again you, and some others, would understand there are 2 cases: one criminal for the assault, 1 civil for damages.

I do not understand why people keep hiring these jet skis ....

Because even thought widely reported, some tourists have no ideas of those scams, and certainly not occurring to such a scale!

It's hard to believe there are more than maybe three people left in the world who haven't heard, but I guess there must be...

With respect to the pre-rental photo/video thing... Wasn't there a story a few months back where some renters were attacked by a Phuket jet-ski operator for attempting to do precisely that?

• Like 1

I do not understand why people keep hiring these jet skis ....

TAT...Tourist.Authority.of.Thailand...needs.to.make.a.little.(or.not.so.little!).booklet.for.tourists:"Be.Careful.in.Thailand!"

Of.course,it.would.scare.people.off...There.are.getting.to.be.just.too.many.things.to.be.on.guard.for.here.

AND,of.course,TAT.could.and.would.never.do.such.a.thing.....

Thus,no.warning.for.tourists.about.jet-ski.rentals....Who.is.going.to.warn.them?

(please.excuse.my.keyboard,which.is.lacking.a.space.key.thus.the.excessive.use.of.periods.(period))