Phuket jet-ski operator attacks Israeli tourists

webfact

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rented a jet-ski in Pattaya some years ago. When I returned it, I got the same--oh you damage my jet ski. Indeed there was a deep gash in one side of the ski. Afer a heated argument, my Thai friend showed the jet-ski operator a picture of the ski taken before we rented it. Lo and behold, the gash was visible in the picture.

Now, I am not trying to cast aspersion at this fine young jet-operator in Kata, but . . . .

• Like 1

These Horrendous Thugs , and on Peaceful Kata Beach !

I love Kata Beach . Its stating the Obvious but this should be a far more Serious Charge .

Please , To ALL tourists , no matter how much you pay Love Jet Ski's , Just NEVER EVER hire one . The sooner we can get rid of this Trade the More peaceful ever Beach Resort will be . ( Well Nid Noy ..anyhow ) .

This jet ski operator , has no respect for his Clients ..and probably No idea as to the State of His depreciating ski's .

The renter was an infidel and to make matters worse he was a Jew. This is the obligation of many of those who run Phuket beach businesses. It would have been lovely if some other infidels would have ganged up on those guys and kicked the shit out of them. Phuket will never change.

• Like 2

Well you can't just damage peoples jet skis and expect not to compensate them. There was no denial of damage on the Israelis part.

There was no comment from the Israeli's Israelis full stop

There was no statement or implication in the article that the Israelis denied they damaged the jet ski whether or not in fact the jet ski was damaged.

People are very quick to rush to judgement of the Thai. Clearly he must have been very angry about something.

I took the liberty of correcting your damaged grammar. No charge for that.

If the israelis not denying it what are they quarelling for??? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I do not understand why people keep hiring these jet skis ....

TAT...Tourist.Authority.of.Thailand...needs.to.make.a.little.(or.not.so.little!).booklet.for.tourists:"Be.Careful.in.Thailand!"

Of.course,it.would.scare.people.off...There.are.getting.to.be.just.too.many.things.to.be.on.guard.for.here.

AND,of.course,TAT.could.and.would.never.do.such.a.thing.....

Thus,no.warning.for.tourists.about.jet-ski.rentals....Who.is.going.to.warn.them?

(please.excuse.my.keyboard,which.is.lacking.a.space.key.thus.the.excessive.use.of.periods.(period))

A great Idea .. Start with 3 Quick " DONTS "

1. Dont Hire a Jet Ski

2. Dont attend full moon Parties

3. Avoid Taxis ..But Never do Tuk Tuk's

The above will solve 70% of the problems .

• Like 1

Took a road trip to Heaven last week and had a nice chat with God. He asked me how were things in Thailand. I told Him it's the same old s..t everyday here. You can assault people and get away with it here if you are a Thai for that matter even kill them as long as you use a Samurai sword. I asked Him why on earth did He create these cretins. He told me He lost a bet to the Devil in a card game. If He won the Devil had to quit tempting people and if the Devil won God had to create another Hell on earth. Ergo, Thailand.

I'm interested to kmow if you live in Thailand? and if you do, why? You seem to have a deep seated hatred and loathing for Thais and Thailand

God created the Heaven and Devil created the Hell. It is up to you to choose your journey but i think SCARLETIBIS1 prefer the Hell and got into the wrong places all the time. When he is drunk, I believe he will shout out loud "I Love Thailand" it is paradise.

I do not understand why people keep hiring these jet skis ....

TAT...Tourist.Authority.of.Thailand...needs.to.make.a.little.(or.not.so.little!).booklet.for.tourists:"Be.Careful.in.Thailand!"

Of.course,it.would.scare.people.off...There.are.getting.to.be.just.too.many.things.to.be.on.guard.for.here.

AND,of.course,TAT.could.and.would.never.do.such.a.thing.....

Thus,no.warning.for.tourists.about.jet-ski.rentals....Who.is.going.to.warn.them?

(please.excuse.my.keyboard,which.is.lacking.a.space.key.thus.the.excessive.use.of.periods.(period))

1. Dont Hire a Jet Ski

That's 2 "Don'ts" and 1 "Avoid." Am assuming you did mean "Don't" NOT "Dont" or "DONTS."

Edited by Rorri
  • Like 1

Well you can't just damage peoples jet skis and expect not to compensate them. There was no denial of damage on the Israelis part.

Rubbish the jet-ski operators should provide proper accidental damage cover with clearly stated excess and so on. If someone refuses to pay the excess then they are not entitled to take the law into their own hands - they should call the police or take legal action. In fact it should be completely illegal for them to hire out jet skis that are not covered by insurance. This will of course make jet ski hire much more expensive but that is just a fact of life - they are after all a rich mans toy.

There is never, repeat NEVER, any excuse for a person running, or working in, a tourist business to behave abusivly or violently towards a customer. I am sure it will all get worked out with money and the guy will be free to do this again and again. Time for another crackdown (not that that would change anything)

1. Dont Hire a Jet Ski

4. If you have never ridden a scooter before don't rent one.

I was dropping my wife off at the pier in Thongsala today and saw quite a few Phangan tattoos in the ferry queue.

There was no comment from the Israeli's Israelis full stop

There was no statement or implication in the article that the Israelis denied they damaged the jet ski whether or not in fact the jet ski was damaged.

People are very quick to rush to judgement of the Thai. Clearly he must have been very angry about something.

I took the liberty of correcting your damaged grammar. No charge for that.

I heard the Israelis got some water on the jet skis.

Edited by SCARLETIBIS1
  • Like 1

I went last year and asked them to Lowe the price. They agreed. At the end, they wanted the original price and we got into an argument. There were four of them and I told them I would get the police ---- they laughed and told to that they would get police for me if I wanted! What a scam. I will not go there until the &$@&? Do something about it. It can be cleaned by starting with this guy putting him in jail for 2-6 months to set an example.

• Like 1

Very nice work idiot under ya-baa.

Seoriosly, who wants to rent jetski in Phuket??? Seems these people don't read news, don't check Net and don't care many many warrants.

Always the same: fake damage + show business recognizing + argument + fighting + cheater police comes + takes you to police station + you will pay the full fake damage and pocket money for the shameless police officer to get back your passport. Off course the police officer gets share from fake damage. THEY ARE IN TEAM.

So, seoriosly, who wants to rent jetski in Phuket??? Only who blind and deaf or just born yesterday.

• Like 2

Tell all family friends and any one you know visiting

"Never rent a Jet Ski in Phuket!"

Never visit Phuket.

Never rent a jetski anywhere in Thailand.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif We have no problem with jet ski owners here in Chiang Mai.giggle.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif "“I have already spoken with the director of Kata-Karon Jet-ski Association and urged him to keep a closer eyeintheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi on jet-ski operators on this beach.whistling.gif We don't want any more incidents like this,” Phuket Marine Chief Phuriphat Teerakulpisut said."clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Why is an assault a non criminal charge?

Read it again. They are clearly referring to things like a civil claim for damage and so on.

No, not really, although it can be inferred, it still doesn't address the criminal issue. Why is that? Crappy reporting, bad copywriting, or no criminal case? Let us all know since obviously you have superior knowledge to the rest of us.

Mr Danaichet accepted the assault charges by police, and is now out on bail. It's not rocket science.