Something To Beef About

farangconnection

Sunday lunch at the good old FC this week will be Roast Silverside of Beef, massive Yorkshire puddings, Horseradish sauce, Brussle Sprouts, Carrots, Roast Taters, Bisto & Oxo Gravy

post-27891-1145965925.jpg

All this for a mind boggling ฿250

Also we have a Toyota Avanza leaving Pattaya for Surin at around 10.00 Thursday moning. Cost

฿600 per person,up to 4.

Sunday lunch at the good old FC this week will be Roast Silverside of Beef, massive Yorkshire puddings, Horseradish sauce, Brussle Sprouts, Carrots, Roast Taters, Bisto & Oxo Gravy

Also we have a Toyota Avanza leaving Pattaya for Surin at around 10.00 Thursday moning. Cost

฿600 per person,up to 4.

Yo there cuzzin, I'll have some of that when I get home next month..........just to let you know my membership name and Avatar now I have moved to Isaan, see ya soon.

PS.......I am on the lookout for a German Shepherd pup, if you know of any, or aware of a breeder, drop me a line........see ya in a couple of weeks......your Sankun cuzz

PS.......I am on the lookout for a German Shepherd pup, if you know of any, or aware of a breeder, drop me a line........see ya in a couple of weeks......your Sankun cuzz

Matthew from the Euro food store in Buriram is a breeder (well his dogs do most of the work) but I havn't heard from him for some time.

฿600 per person,up to 4.

Martin,you could have at least got a better picture than this, looks like your bladder after agood session! ANd the blood coming out is not very appetizing.

฿600 per person,up to 4.

Martin,you could have at least got a better picture than this, looks like your bladder after agood session! ANd the blood coming out is not very appetizing.

I belive that it is called "rare"and that really is how most people like their roast beef.

you guys gots to get yerselves a meat grinder...makes shoe leather taste like filet mignon when added to chilli con carne, bolognaise and etc...

an' when the girl fren' complains about de 'sick buffalo' you jus' say slaughter that muthuh an' we'll have cheeseburgers tonite...

yeah...yeauh...

from another post, hand crank meat grinders are available in Chinatown in BKK. I bought my electric one in Bahrain and hand carried it back to the ranch in Suphan..very fancy with motor overload switches and all...

freshly ground beef gives you a whole new way ob lookin' at the day...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

My beef is the finest Siverside cut from Charolet Beef, available at Yorkies in Jomtien.

a superb cut of beef served up in a well known hangout for expatriate degenerates in a remote area in Thailand for 250 baht stretches the imagination...

however...in order to give you the benefit of the doubt, I shall appear with family in tow in our 10 y.o. Nissan minivan and to sample your offering, queires regarding chiles, nam pla and copious suppiles of rice notwithstanding. I must admit that they owuld be puzzled when confronted by the usual Sunday lunch slicing cutlery...so, we agree that the meat should be able to be sliced with a fork...

see you soon...(I'm quite fond of brussels sprouts and note that withered specimens that are on offer at tescos are exhorbitent...you must demonstrate to me that sprouts with bisto gravy ahve a universal appeal...they certainly appeal to me...)

Oh trust me if I were in Surrin and not Udon I would be there for dinner. Udon has most everthing you want it's a matter of knowing where. For roasts and steaks for us it's Thai French beef, less expensive the imports but still tender and tastey. You can get the Hamgurger in Robinson's Top's good burger. Imported beef is available here at Micro. The Mexican goodies I have to go to bangkok to get. Just about everything else is here.

The farrang connesction sounds like a gods send to the farrangs in the area.

Edited by ray23

Oh trust me if I were in Surrin and not Udon I would be there for dinner. Udon has most everthing you want it's a matter of knowing where. For roasts and steaks for us it's Thai French beef, less expensive the imports but still tender and tastey. You can get the Hamgurger in Robinson's Top's good burger. Imported beef is available here at Micro. The Mexican goodies I have to go to bangkok to get. Just about everything else is here.

The farrang connesction sounds like a gods send to the farrangs in the area.

I took a trip from Kalasin just to eat the Roast Lamb dinner..... oh, and to have a quiet couple of drinks with Yorky, Elsie and the rest of the gang there (not forgetting the very nice host either)... :o

totster :D

a superb cut of beef served up in a well known hangout for expatriate degenerates in a remote area in Thailand for 250 baht stretches the imagination...

Jasus Tutsi, don't start giving him excuses to put the prices UP!

We are but poor retired farangs in this neck of the woods.

Jasus Tutsi, don't start giving him excuses to put the prices UP!

We are but poor retired farangs in this neck of the woods.

Sorry jayenram, but how about this as part of a report in a French Restaurant website review:-

Burgundy

Restaurant Cote d’Or (Bernard Loiseau)

Food rating 8/10

Address Saulieu, Burgundy 21210.

Phone Number 00 33 3 80 64 00 21

Fax 00 33 3 80 64 21 96

Open Tuesday – Sunday and all November - March

Price £155 a head

Bernard Loiseau sadly made headlines in February 2003 by shooting himself shortly after being demoted from 19/20 to 17/20 in the Gault Millault (contrary to some misguided reports, he never lost his 3rd Michelin star). We will never know the true reason for his suicide, but his cooking lives on in the village of Saulieu. The hotel is very attractive, having a huge log fire in the main lounge, and very attractive gardens. Rooms are excellent, with good showers and Loewe TVs with vast numbers of satellite channels. There is even a small gym. The dining room looks out over the gardens. While we studied the menu in the conservatory we were served a nibble of foie gras terrine (6/10), a delicate wafer with anchovy paste (8/10), an excellent wafer of cream cheese and tapenade (9/10) and frogs legs coated in herbs (a signature dish, but for me only 5/10). A cold cumber soup was not to my taste but brown and country bread rolls were very good (8/10).

I started with langoustine ravioli, which had good texture and excellent langoustine, but was bizarrely served with watery artichokes, which were so awful they could have been tinned, though that is surely inconceivable here. Lobster was served cold on a bed of chopped vegetables, decorated with a little lobster shell stuffed with spiced vegetables and a sauce of the coral (7/10).

For main course I had excellent Charolet beef,[/color] cooked perfectly and served with asparagus that once again tasted soggy, though an oxtail-based sauce had suitable intensity and a local Burgundy specialty was deep fried vegetables cooked with cottage cheese (9/10 if I ignore the asparagus). :o:D

Edited by RayBan

Sunday lunch at the Farang Connection this week;

post-27891-1146139917.jpg

A superb cut of Charolet Roast beef. This tasty delight will now be free.

Vegtables are extra.

never heard of charolet. Is it some type of car? :o

Do you mean Charolais Lamps? :D

Any time you pommies need an England lesson about a French breed of cattle, just ask your friendly antipodean to sort you out...... :D

฿600 per person,up to 4.

Why take a fantastic sounding meal and ruin it with brussle sprouts? :o

฿600 per person,up to 4.

Why take a fantastic sounding meal and ruin it with brussle sprouts? :o

he that dost condemn brussels sprouts when they are miraculously available in heathen lands must be tried and condemned by a jury of his sprout loving peers...later to be taken to the place of execution and hanged by the neck until he is dead...

I love brussels sprouts with bisto gravy...the sight of sprouts in the arid and dirty produce section of the Suphanburi tescos is worth the trip alone...even though the offering may be 2 weeks old, withered and yellowed...

Whilst on the subject of beef - does anyone know where to buy decent beef in Ubon (not Udon) ? Neither Tetco-Rotut nor BigC seem to have any... :D

160 km's due west :D

Gee, thanks :D

"Darling, while you are out shopping, just pop over to Lampy's and pick up some steaks, would you ?" :o:D

Whilst on the subject of beef - does anyone know where to buy decent beef in Ubon (not Udon) ? Neither Tetco-Rotut nor BigC seem to have any... :D

160 km's due west :D

Gee, thanks :D

"Darling, while you are out shopping, just pop over to Lampy's and pick up some steaks, would you ?" :o:D

And two packets of frozen sprouts from.....................................................Brussels actually.

Some people have come further to shop at my place as it happens.

Edited by lampard10