Fishing for Siamese Carp in Bungsamran

Steath

Hi I have been going after the Siamese carp in Bungsamran for the past few trips with no result and really kind of sad and hope some of the expert here give me some tips and advice so that my incoming trip will be fruitful and able to full fill my dream.... Many Thanks

My last few trip I'm 2 rods, one for Mekong (floating with Rum without mixture) and sinking with rum same without mixture at all at the side of the bungalow.

So is there any mistake in the presenting or should I consider adding some special mixture???

Please advise me on this I really hope to

The rod which is used for Siamese is place at the far end of the bungalow and rod for Mekong will be at the front cast out far.

how about the bait?

Even so if your dedicated to catching a carp your odds of success will increase if your not moving around on the deck playing fish. Baiting up methods, include using very wet lum mix, and or "flicking" in small pellets of harder mix to make a distinct "plonk" sound in the water (like the noise a pea would make if you flicked it into the water). Lum should be mixed in such a way as the ball stays on for 40 minutes or so.

If you are paying the now crazy tourist price for fishing BSR the last thing you want to be doing is fishing for Cahor, it's more than likely you will not catch one so it's a waste of big money, but good luck in your quest!!

Dear dogpoo

Ya I agree with the crazy rate their charging would be glad if you can provide me with places near Bangkok which the catching rate is high for Big Mekong and have chance of full fill my dream of landing a Siamese.

Thank you

If you are paying the now crazy tourist price for fishing BSR the last thing you want to be doing is fishing for Cahor, it's more than likely you will not catch one so it's a waste of big money, but good luck in your quest!!

Dear dogpoo

Ya I agree with the crazy rate their charging would be glad if you can provide me with places near Bangkok which the catching rate is high for Big Mekong and have chance of full fill my dream of landing a Siamese.

Thank you

Yes I can show you a place to fulfill your dream! I will be at this very venue later this month!

Thank Bro and I have send you a PM and waiting to see your wonderful catch.

Dear dogpoo

Thank you

Yes I can show you a place to fulfill your dream! I will be at this very venue later this month!

Hi,

If u want to catch Siam Carp u have to fish overnight from the totaly left Bungalow oposite from the pear where the tourist fishing all day :-) the cap will take a min 30mm Black Halibut Pellet with self hook system on the hair! U need min 3,75lb rod and a line min 0,40mm if u can hook up u have to fight hard ;-)

I come on there in November for catch this huge Monster fish ;-) And than on IT LAKE MONSTER for catch Arapaima and later my Special BIG GAME

Greats from Austria

Hi,

If u want to catch Siam Carp u have to fish overnight from the totaly left Bungalow oposite from the pear where the tourist fishing all day :-) the cap will take a min 30mm Black Halibut Pellet with self hook system on the hair! U need min 3,75lb rod and a line min 0,40mm if u can hook up u have to fight hard ;-)

I come on there in November for catch this huge Monster fish ;-) And than on IT LAKE MONSTER for catch Arapaima and later my Special BIG GAME

Greats from Austria

Wow you can catch Cahor as easy as that, good luck to anyone that takes this advice, pays 2000฿ per rod and catches nothing!!

Wow you really make it sound like taking a stroll in the park, you must have loaded with tonnes of fishing luck in you.

Thanks for your tips...

Well no, many times you go fishing and you will not catch any Cahor, I have been many times and caught nothing other than Sawai etc, it's like everything you have to persevere!

• 2 weeks later...

You have to be lucky mate. It is a numbers game. As simple as that. Try again and again. Eventually you'll probably get one. Never found a use for hair rigs myself. These fish have bucket mouths. The floating J hook with styrofoam balls helping it to waft into the fish's mouth is what you need. As they feed, opening their mouths it creates a massive negative pressure of water. There's nothing delicate about it. Same with the catfish. These fish are huge, they have very few natural predators so they are bold.

Very short hook length, about width of 3 fingers on a feeder will do it. A nice particle stlye of bait, a massive lam ball, flavored with pandan. The buttermilk also works well. Location is the key though. Close to the feet of the bungalows seems good.

Edited by jackinbkk

They also love good old bread, again fished under a feeder.

Hi Jack, I am ordering a rod that is 30/50lb, I assume this means you can use maximum 50lb line, is this correct?

Yes it'll be suited to that line class, with a test curve suited to 50/3 = 16lbs drag. You can use any line you want but the rod will just flatten out past 16lbs.

If you are going to use braid make sure you go for suitable guides. SIC, Zircon, Nitride etc...

They also love good old bread, again fished under a feeder.

Hi Jack, I am ordering a rod that is 30/50lb, I assume this means you can use maximum 50lb line, is this correct?

Yes it'll be suited to that line class, with a test curve suited to 50/3 = 16lbs drag. You can use any line you want but the rod will just flatten out past 16lbs.

If you are going to use braid make sure you go for suitable guides. SIC, Zircon, Nitride etc...

The rings are lined with silicone carbide, I am now getting the snowbee popping/boat rod, 8' 6" and 6' 4" both rated to 30lbs

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Regarding the length of the hook link when using a coil feeder and hook loaded with poly balls, from what I have seen the hook links seem to be around 5 to 9 inches, I suppose it's not an exact science, what do others tend to have in hook link length?

I have now got mine set at 6 inches, think it is the same as the picture, can't wait for my fishing trip in December, I'm confident I will beat my PB!!

Edited by dogpoo

As long as it's very close to the feeder that the carp is feeding on. If it's a larger ball of bait it will require a longer hook length.

Can you explain that little further, the ball of Lumb will fall apart I assume leaving the hook floating above the Lumb, the carp will be hovering up and take the buoyant hook in, is that about right?

As long as it's very close to the feeder that the carp is feeding on. If it's a larger ball of bait it will require a longer hook length.

Can you explain that little further, the ball of Lumb will fall apart I assume leaving the hook floating above the Lumb, the carp will be hovering up and take the buoyant hook in, is that about right?

Yes you are right, but as the bait gets attacked from the outside to the inside the carp will come closer and closer to the feeder. As long as the hook length is long enough to go inside the mouth of the carp and not too far away from the feeder the setup will work.

Wow thanks for sharing... I notice some anglers add corn in it does it increase the chance? do Siamese carp fancy corn?

Yes you are right, but as the bait gets attacked from the outside to the inside the carp will come closer and closer to the feeder. As long as the hook length is long enough to go inside the mouth of the carp and not too far away from the feeder the setup will work.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow thanks for sharing... I notice some anglers add corn in it does it increase the chance? do Siamese carp fancy corn?

Every fish on the planet loves corn! Worth a shot. biggrin.png

There is a guy at BSR who uses lots of corn in his bait but I've also seen just pandan used to good effect.

Every fish on the planet loves corn! Worth a shot. Posted Image

There is a guy at BSR who uses lots of corn in his bait but I've also seen just pandan used to good effect.

Tried corn, didn't work, there is no substitute for bread in this country!