BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Steath

Fishing for Siamese Carp in Bungsamran

Thanks for the advise and tips smile.png ya I agree luck play a big part in catching the caho

They also love good old bread, again fished under a feeder.

Hi Jack, I am ordering a rod that is 30/50lb, I assume this means you can use maximum 50lb line, is this correct?

Hi Jack, I am ordering a rod that is 30/50lb, I assume this means you can use maximum 50lb line, is this correct?

Yes it'll be suited to that line class, with a test curve suited to 50/3 = 16lbs drag. You can use any line you want but the rod will just flatten out past 16lbs.

If you are going to use braid make sure you go for suitable guides. SIC, Zircon, Nitride etc...

Yes it'll be suited to that line class, with a test curve suited to 50/3 = 16lbs drag. You can use any line you want but the rod will just flatten out past 16lbs.

If you are going to use braid make sure you go for suitable guides. SIC, Zircon, Nitride etc...

The rings are lined with silicone carbide, I am now getting the snowbee popping/boat rod, 8' 6" and 6' 4" both rated to 30lbs

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Regarding the length of the hook link when using a coil feeder and hook loaded with poly balls, from what I have seen the hook links seem to be around 5 to 9 inches, I suppose it's not an exact science, what do others tend to have in hook link length?

post-166124-13824919963963_thumb.jpg

This appears to be around the 5 to 9 inch length!

I have now got mine set at 6 inches, think it is the same as the picture, can't wait for my fishing trip in December, I'm confident I will beat my PB!!

Edited by dogpoo

As long as it's very close to the feeder that the carp is feeding on. If it's a larger ball of bait it will require a longer hook length.

As long as it's very close to the feeder that the carp is feeding on. If it's a larger ball of bait it will require a longer hook length.

Can you explain that little further, the ball of Lumb will fall apart I assume leaving the hook floating above the Lumb, the carp will be hovering up and take the buoyant hook in, is that about right?

Can you explain that little further, the ball of Lumb will fall apart I assume leaving the hook floating above the Lumb, the carp will be hovering up and take the buoyant hook in, is that about right?

Yes you are right, but as the bait gets attacked from the outside to the inside the carp will come closer and closer to the feeder. As long as the hook length is long enough to go inside the mouth of the carp and not too far away from the feeder the setup will work.

Wow thanks for sharing... I notice some anglers add corn in it does it increase the chance? do Siamese carp fancy corn?

Yes you are right, but as the bait gets attacked from the outside to the inside the carp will come closer and closer to the feeder. As long as the hook length is long enough to go inside the mouth of the carp and not too far away from the feeder the setup will work.

Wow thanks for sharing... I notice some anglers add corn in it does it increase the chance? do Siamese carp fancy corn?

Every fish on the planet loves corn! Worth a shot. biggrin.png

There is a guy at BSR who uses lots of corn in his bait but I've also seen just pandan used to good effect.

Every fish on the planet loves corn! Worth a shot. Posted Image

There is a guy at BSR who uses lots of corn in his bait but I've also seen just pandan used to good effect.

Tried corn, didn't work, there is no substitute for bread in this country!

Also one of the guides was/is using chocolate of some kind to coat the polystyrene balls he puts on the hook, cant imagine why kaho would go for chocolate.