Fishing for Siamese Carp in Bungsamran

Steath

Also one of the guides was/is using chocolate of some kind to coat the polystyrene balls he puts on the hook, cant imagine why kaho would go for chocolate.

Many baits have been tried here but it all comes back to bread in the end! as for chocolate people try different things, I like to try different methods but the bait stays the same!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

At heavily fished venues, I like making my bait different or switching all together. I think fish can get weary of a particular scent. As for the chocolate....I have occasionally sweetened baits by using strawberry soda instead of water.

Btw have you caught any carp using this method by using strawberry soda?

At heavily fished venues, I like making my bait different or switching all together. I think fish can get weary of a particular scent. As for the chocolate....I have occasionally sweetened baits by using strawberry soda instead of water.

picture attach from BSR I think during feeding time.

post-188830-0-39697200-1384769207_thumb.

Also one of the guides was/is using chocolate of some kind to coat the polystyrene balls he puts on the hook, cant imagine why kaho would go for chocolate.

Many baits have been tried here but it all comes back to bread in the end! as for chocolate people try different things, I like to try different methods but the bait stays the same!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Agree with dogpoo in the end still back to the basic Bread.

I will try to mix bread/lum and smash corn with a lots of luck will do the job. Lol

I used to think that would work (a unique bait) but found that for me it failed miserably. I rate venue sold baits the absolute best. You may disagree.

The old soda (big red) in Wheaties is a popular carp bait back in the US isn't it.

I put the venue based bait as being so successful because such a small amount will actually have a hook in it or successfully catch a fish. The majority of bait must fall off feeders, get thrown in at the end of a session and be thrown in as freebies. The fish will know this smell as food and seek it out. To stay big they are going to have to eat as much as they can. When stock levels are high a fish doesn't have time to stop and consider eating it because the 10 fish behind it will grab it before it has the chance to think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack

Thanks for all the advise hope fully on the 13 Dec at BSR I'm blessed with Siamese carp.

I put the venue based bait as being so successful because such a small amount will actually have a hook in it or successfully catch a fish. The majority of bait must fall off feeders, get thrown in at the end of a session and be thrown in as freebies. The fish will know this smell as food and seek it out. To stay big they are going to have to eat as much as they can. When stock levels are high a fish doesn't have time to stop and consider eating it because the 10 fish behind it will grab it before it has the chance to think.

• 3 weeks later...

Frist picture This trip I brought along a container of crush corn and a packet of un-crush corn to add in the lum.

Second picture BSR Banana cream fav.

This is the two item added in to achieved catching my dream cohor and total lost of 2 and the 3rd fish Blessed to land it.

The take of the cohor is super fast like chao phraya catfish and is strong.

post-188830-0-68123500-1387526366_thumb.

post-188830-0-42847900-1387526376_thumb.

Tks I'm trying my very best to keep him away like the new generation living with computer game and can't live without it.

More ever at least is a way to father and son bonding and something we can keep talking about it.

Well done, Steath!

Good to see you bringing up the next generation to carry on the love of the sport.