Another case of a foreigner being treated unfairly in Thailand?

HoudiniXLogic

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And I see from comments posted by viewers on his youtube channel that there are a number of people that want to help him out financially.

I guess his plea for help might be paying dividends. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

IF this story is true then it's the German guy who is being the bigger d1ck, yes the Canadian shouldn't have replied to the email but for the German guy to then do what he's supposed to be doing, insane!

And how does this guy have no money? It's no secret the oil/gas boys earn very good money, there's enough of them on here that confirm that whenever they can, so how is he totally skint?!

Its may just be a petty observation----but do you think when he is pleading his case he should have removed his subtitle Logo / comment.

"I wonder, out of all the people I know, how many of them were conceived when one or both of their parents are wearing bondage masks."

He is in a bad situation indeed, but I don't see how he is being treated unfairly by the legal system for being a foreigner. The system is screwed up for everybody.

Agree. Absolutely misleading thread title. This is a farang on farang dispute. Nothing to do with a foreigner being treated unfairly because he's a foreigner.

• Like 1

How does telling someone to eff off constitute defamation and I ask on tow fronts

1) In telling someone to eff off you are not actually defaming them... no accusation or naming being done

2) If it was by private email i.e only between him and the German then doesn't there need to be at least a third party involved to make it defamation....

Confused here how this even gets to court ket alone gets attention of police...

Does one suppose the obvious inference in all of this... ???

• Like 2

Something fishy - He is from Ontario I read on another site - he simply can't get off the plane and go to the hospital. If you reside out of Ontario for more than 212 days there is a 3 month waiting period.

There is an out of country policy in place for overseas residents ranging from 2- 5 years but he says he's lived in Thailand for 12 years and only worked a few "months" in Canada last year not meeting the 153 day residence requirement for two consecutive years.

Edited by ToddWeston

The story sounds incredible in a number of regards. Was the German guy named Adolf?

I can understand the disinterest of the Canadian Embassy and the Canadian government because 2 Canadians are rotting in a jail in Egypt on trumped up charges and the Canadian government has not attempted any serious assistance for them. Canadian population is not very humanitarian and generally believe that any Canadian held in a foreign country deserves their fate and that government should not help Canadians held overseas.

It's my understanding from an incident I was involved in that you can only commit defamation in Thailand in Thai language. I wasn't aware that it was a crime in any country to insult somebody.

This guy must have at least 800,000 Baht in a bank account in Thailand to get a visa. This is more than enough for his medical treatment.

My opinion is its some sort of scam and if this guy is really in trouble his video won't help at all.

Why has his story not appeared in the media if it is indeed true?

Claims he was arrested by immigration which has nothing to do with defamation or insult cases.

Summary: Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Agree totally!!

And I see from comments posted by viewers on his youtube channel that there are a number of people that want to help him out financially.

I guess his plea for help might be paying dividends. coffee1.gif

Maybe his video should be posted in the thread on financial scams in Thailand.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Sounds similar to the Lee Chestnutt case. He was falsely accused of a crime and ended up stuck here for over 3 years with his passport confiscated and on an immigration stop list.

This Canadian guy could be stuck here for a very long time, unable to work too.

As someone else pointed out, there are 2 sides to every story.

And as the Canadian guy said I hope it doesn't happen to me. blink.png