Another case of a foreigner being treated unfairly in Thailand?

HoudiniXLogic

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, again, does anyone know WHERE this guy lives?

If so, the compassionate thing would be for some people to meet him directly and verify the story, or not, which shouldn't be that hard for him to do.

Then he can be given material help by those who would be willing if the story is verified.

For those without any compassion, consider that the opposite of that, ragging on this guy, is really dark hearted.

Cheers.

The story is running on <snip> , I don't know if that means he was interviewed and the story was verified by said reporter.

Edited by raro
reference to commercial blog deleted

Through all this holding his passport so long - he has forgotten about "overstay" What a drama !

I believe the immigration office holding his passport in line with the court order may stamp extensions as the case is unsettled. However it is discretionary so there may be overstay but it is not certain.

try a counter sue of the german for defamation as he wrote not a nice email or try the route of threatening aggressive email if that was the case.

Seems to me the German has friends in high places for to even get to this point.

a reflection of the politically correct world we live good job he never tried to buy it from a UK Scouser the reply would certainly not been as polite..

Good luck with you quest

You are dead right, I'm a scouser and you should know how we feel about Germans, they bombed all our chippies and f****d our dinner time up.

How the hell was this German able to get this far, never mind Karma will get him, I hope

I believe this Canadian guy is telling the truth and stating the facts of his case as they stand.

It is possible to be prosecuted for contents sent in an email, this applies worldwide. In many cases an email can be classified the same as placing content in a written letter, such as known as a poison pen letter or containing threatening, offensive or libellous content. Emails can even be accepted as legal documents, such as in lawyer’s letters and court hearings.

The Canadian guy probably relies on his work for income, then no work, no income. It`s not rocket science working this one out, regardless of how much he earns.

The German maybe a man of means and has turned this into a personal vendetta, and although the Thai police probably could not give a rat’s behind about insults exchanged between two foreigners, it is obvious the German has made it worthwhile for the police to take up this case and determined to bring the Canadian guy down. Of course we do not know the exact contents of the said email, so at this time it is difficult to make judgements on the rights and wrongs of this case.

My advice is: whatever you do online can be used as evidence and used against you, so treat with caution.

• Like 2

Through all this holding his passport so long - he has forgotten about "overstay" What a drama !

I believe the immigration office holding his passport in line with the court order may stamp extensions as the case is unsettled. However it is discretionary so there may be overstay but it is not certain.

Believe me - I would not be so sure about immigration doing his stamp extensions - he has to ensure this is been followed up - it is HIS responsibility. Or more issues on another level.

He is an offshore engineer - according to his video - they earn alot of money (unless he has hit the hard road lately) - surely he can get medical assistance in Thailand - ok he might have medical aid back in Canada - but under the circumstances he cannot go back right now with no passport -

Since Germany has never anything bad to anyone, it is therefore unacceptable to address a german national using some words that could be construed as insulting...19x18xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.YFbFEjG width=19 alt=whistling.gif>

Excellent contribution . . . utterly dense, but exellent

I'd like to know what the German Embassy think about this situation.

I also wonder if making the derisory offer for the computer could be construed as an offence which warranted a retaliation in kind.

Why would the German embassy even get involved . . . and producing a counter-offer of 6k for an item offered for 8k is hardly 'derisory' . . . and even if the 'German' offered 1k why would it be construed as an offense? I'd suggets your knowledge of the law and embassy issues is limited

Scarey, that German needs locking up

Unbelievable

Locking up . . . for?

try a counter sue of the german for defamation as he wrote not a nice email or try the route of threatening aggressive email if that was the case.

Seems to me the German has friends in high places for to even get to this point.

a reflection of the politically correct world we live good job he never tried to buy it from a UK Scouser the reply would certainly not been as polite..

Good luck with you quest

You are dead right, I'm a scouser and you should know how we feel about Germans, they bombed all our chippies and f****d our dinner time up.
How the hell was this German able to get this far, never mind Karma will get him, I hope

Well done, you believe everything you read

If he had only met up with the German and hit him, all he would have to face is a fine of 500 baht...

. . . and gone to jail for assault - aren't you the clever one

• Like 1

I'd like to know what the German Embassy think about this situation.

I also wonder if making the derisory offer for the computer could be construed as an offence which warranted a retaliation in kind.

The German Embassy probably do not know - any why would they be concerned ? It is not their issue.

Even his own embassy are not interested (Canadian) - embassies are not our "bodyguards or nanny's" - if one makes SH1T then one must take the consequences

There was an exchange on Twitter about this yesterday initiated by a journalist and the Canadian Ambassador replied "Following Mr. Rooney's case but for Privacy Act reasons I cannot comment on it."

Brings up memories of Kasem Bundit University English teacher Gareth Davies who the British Embassy failed to help and wouldn't discuss last year and who died soon after the matter became public.

I missed the part where he explained where his entire life savings, plus any resalable possessions, were spirited away to.

Now he can't afford rice, because he had to pay $2k in bail?

My BS detector went off pretty early on, so it's possible I tuned out before explained that incredible bit of the story.

I think being skeptical is reasonable. But there isn't enough info posted here to confirm this is for real ... or not.

He is an offshore engineer - according to his video - they earn alot of money (unless he has hit the hard road lately) - surely he can get medical assistance in Thailand - ok he might have medical aid back in Canada - but under the circumstances he cannot go back right now with no passport -

If he was an insulin dependent diabetic, about to lose his leg because of it, you can bet your bottom dollar he is not working off-shore,,,,,,,,,,thumbsup.gif

If the above is the case, it would have been rectified with his required annual medical or his contract would be ended.

• Like 1

It is hard to believe that there is any truth in this at all. Many replies quoted doubts in single aspects. taken them all together it is not helping really needy people who choose youtube to raise money. I believe this is what it is all about. Donation!!!!!

It is hard to believe that there is any truth in this at all. Many replies quoted doubts in single aspects. taken them all together it is not helping really needy people who choose youtube to raise money. I believe this is what it is all about. Donation!!!!!

Quite possibly, but what will all the doubters be saying if he's found a week from now dead based on not getting any critically needed help?

Quite possibly, but what will all the doubters be saying if he's found a week from now dead based on not getting any critically needed help?

Don't worry JT, then the RIP-brigade will come out in full force!!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

If it is true that the Canadian embassy is aware of this case, doesn't that add some credibility to the story? How many people would blatantly lie to their own embassy on a matter like this?

Of course they are aware of it, it's public knowledge . . . that does not mean they can or even want to do anything about it - why should they? It i hardly in their purview.

If the Canadian were in the same situation in Canada what would he do? The authorities? Which authorities?

As to how many people would blatantly lie? How long is a piece of string?