BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Lite Beer

Molesting Phuket taxi driver gets suspended sentence

OK there it is lads.. for those of you without any prior conviction.. green light to go out and kidnap a chinese tourist for 5 hours and have your way... just remeber to say you were on drugs

What an absolute grace... I hope the Chinese consulate really gets mad at this and publish's a strong statement..

This is not justice to the poor girl.... whay should when someone is obviously guilty ( by virtue of the evidence) be rewarded with half what was unsatisfactory in first place.

A very poor endightment on the Thai judical system

Can one expect such lenient treatment for the next Chinese tourist to come before the Thai courts?

That's out of order, I thought Phuket was trying to improve protection for tourists? ( okay I know already ).

Repeated molestation over several hours should never have resulted in a suspended sentence. Quite frankly ridiculous.

I would go as far as to say he should have been suspended by his neck...!

• Like 2

In somebody's evil mind, thoughts like this will being trying to justify such a lenient sentence:

"That'll teach those damn jek to try and boss us around. We are Thai and we are proud to provide a sound and efficient public transport service on the paradise island of Phuket. We are the ones who decide what happens here and to whom.

It was obviously what the girl wanted. She led him on and was travelling alone and thus asking for it. "

In somebody's evil mind, thoughts like this will being trying to justify such a lenient sentence:

"That'll teach those dam_n jek to try and boss us around. We are Thai and we are proud to provide a sound and efficient public transport service on the paradise island of Phuket. We are the ones who decide what happens here and to whom.

It was obviously what the girl wanted. She led him on and was travelling alone and thus asking for it. "

Wow. That is a very revealing post of how your mind works. Get help.

The one good thing about the fast track "Justice" system, is that this stuff floats up so much quicker. If I had my say in China, I would give Thailand a 13 months suspended sentence: no Chinese tourists for that long (at least). There are other places for them to go in SE Asia, and their money with them. This outcome under "law" is unacceptable on all levels.

• Like 2

Does he still keep his licence to drive a Taxi?

I would be surprised if he had ever bothered to even apply for one in the first place.

Suspended sentences for first time murders, or wealthy family members who kill people with their cars.

When first reading this, I also though it was an absurd sentece.

But when reading a bit deeper - it seems at least clear that it wasnt a rape, but she said "the driver had touched her leg".....

I find the sentence to be relatively "appropriate" - if there wasnt any actual real attempt to rape her.

• Like 1

Is it even worth commenting on this news....thai style of justice = NO JUSTICE.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good God, so any thai is allowed to do anything they like to a tourist at least once and get away with it !!! Disgusting, and the judge should be tried for neglect of duty. VERY bad sad.png but to be expected, sadly.

Hopefully the Chinese media will pick this story up and BLAST in across China and advise Chinese tourists to NOT GO TO PHUKET.

TAT must cringe when these stories come out of Phuket but obviously they either don't have the nads or the power or the connections to do a damn thing about it.....what a damn shame that a once beautiful and friendly island has turned into a cesspool of scams, crime, stupid judges, etc.

• Like 1