Molesting Phuket taxi driver gets suspended sentence

Lite Beer

When first reading this, I also though it was an absurd sentece.

But when reading a bit deeper - it seems at least clear that it wasnt a rape, but she said "the driver had touched her leg".....

I find the sentence to be relatively "appropriate" - if there wasnt any actual real attempt to rape her.

What about confining her in his car for FIVE HOURS against her will? Does that justify a custodial sentence? And during that time do you think she was scared that she MAY be raped?

Take out the suspended bit and the sentence might be right, although I think a bit lenient.

• Like 2

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the ambassador from China has very strong words to ridicule this court decision. Just complete nonsense. Unbelievable.

Let's hope the Chinese put pressure on the Thai's. for sure western governments never have.

If a Thai murders a foreigner and it's his first offense does he get away with it? As per the recent murder of an American in Krabi, it would seem so.

What the others said. This comes to mind:

MV5BMTc1MzY0MTcyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzE3

And meanwhile, guns, cigarettes and alcohol are being blurred in movies. Sex toys being confiscated in customs.

Somebody sure got the legal system and the priorities straight.

Edited by Zumteufel

"The judge then decided to suspend the sentence because the offences – abduction, molestation and driving under the influence of alcohol and methamphetamine, were all first convictions."

The emotional baggage that poor woman will have to carry with her for the rest of her life should have weighed more heavily in the judge's decision than this guy's 'first convictions'.

• Like 1

The Chinese embassy will have a s**t fit over this

This is the type of situation that results in severe, and embarrassing, Travel Advisories and since it involves China there's always the possibility of a travel ban no matter how limited.

I hate to say it but a Chinese travel ban might, just might, start to waken Thailand up.

Sorry to say, but never happen NKK. Waaay to much money involved and ... money always trumps "the law" in LOS. My condolences to the young lady (but obviously, no one in authority really gives a <deleted> sad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.png

"The judge initially sentenced Paitoon Kruain to 26 months in jail and a fine of B21,000, but both were halved because he had pleaded guilty.

The judge then decided to suspend the sentence because the offences abduction, molestation and driving under the influence of alcohol and methamphetamine, were all first convictions."

Are you kidding me?

"abduction, molestation and driving under the influence of alcohol and methamphetamine. "

The judge should do 26 months for being a moron.

As Paitoon Kruain left the court he was seen to smile and mutter the words "khob-kun-Krub Po" ("Thanks Dad")

Edited by Papadragon

Surely you Jest !

They want to lock up some Foolish Drug Mule for Life ..and this Guy Walks Free ! ..Just cant believe it .

I reckon you'd get 5 Years in Aussie ( Assuming good behavior ) for a Serious offence like This , He's drug induced and appears

to be using this as some form of defence . Words cannot describe this Outcome , That poor Young Chinese Girl , She will certainly

never what to come back .

What an absolute Disgrace .

Anyone with the disposition to commit this kind of crime should obviously be put away and sent to mandatory drug rehab for 6 months min, absolute joke.

He'll be back out doing the same thing, no lesson learnt. I already feel sorry for the next victim.

• Like 1

Good to see this state of the art tourist court thingy they introduced to protect tourists is working well. A suspended sentence for these offences is a laughing stock and a shambles, beat tourists with a pole and get a 1K fine and 3 months suspended. Kidnapped and sexually assault a tourist get a suspended sentence. It is very very clear these tourist court a in favour of the thai offenders over the tourists.

These bullshite courts are nothing more than a gimmick and sideshow.

A serious crime like this wouldn't have gone to the tourist court. This would have been a criminal court. Unfortunately, this court did not seem to treat the crime with the seriousness it deserves.

When first reading this, I also though it was an absurd sentece.

But when reading a bit deeper - it seems at least clear that it wasnt a rape, but she said "the driver had touched her leg".....

I find the sentence to be relatively "appropriate" - if there wasnt any actual real attempt to rape her.

Ill keep your wife /husband captive for 5 hours and "touch her leg" whilst whacked out of my skull touched her leg probably near her groin is more likely!!

That's out of order, I thought Phuket was trying to improve protection for tourists? ( okay I know already ).

Repeated molestation over several hours should never have resulted in a suspended sentence. Quite frankly ridiculous.

The Judge should read about how Indian Judges dispense Justice for sex crimes. The give the culprits a very short sentence which includes a suspension from the neck.

"The judge initially sentenced Paitoon Kruain to 26 months in jail and a fine of B21,000, but both were halved because he had pleaded guilty.

The judge then decided to suspend the sentence because the offences abduction, molestation and driving under the influence of alcohol and methamphetamine, were all first convictions."

Are you kidding me?

"abduction, molestation and driving under the influence of alcohol and methamphetamine. "

The judge should do 26 months for being a moron.

Wow. Just incredible. No more words.

Maybe now the Chinese government will prohibit the Chinese tourists from going to Phuket! That would Phuket feel in their wallets.

In every possible sense: Phuket?! bah.gifsick.gifbah.gif Phuket is bloody joke; I hope that island ends up like Atlantis, under the sea whistling.gif

here to start...

They say Phuket successfully went thru a police crack-down on crime...

Then the judge does this.........????

The judge then decided to suspend the sentence because the offences – abduction, molestation and driving under the influence of alcohol and methamphetamine, were all first convictions."

If I was on the Police Force.... Never mind! What I was about to say get me Banned here!

Cleaner Example: You spend 5 hrs cleaning and Polishing floor in Kitchen... Then a "Family Member - Same Legal Team..." Dumps a 5 liter bucket of Shit in the middle of the room! Then gets Pissed because he got some on his "Patent Leather Shoes". Post starts off with "Black Taxi Driver" and this wasn't even concidered in Offenses???

If I was a Police Officer, trying to do the Best Job I could. Day in and Day out... Responses like this would lead me to resign... Open up and tell all about Operations and the why's and how's and who gets what envelope and why... Only then could I raise my face and look at Abbot or even enter Temple... or look my Parents eye to eye...

Edited by LivinginKata