circumcision

davetrout

dont do it. had to have mine done as a 27 year because of a thrush infection that wouldnt die. man i miss my skin

Which along with proven lower prevalence to HIV infection is another good reason to have it done.

dont do it. had to have mine done as a 27 year because of a thrush infection that wouldnt die. man i miss my skin

Which along with proven lower prevalence to HIV infection is another good reason to have it done.

There is also plenty of proof it lowers your sex life.. of course that is denied by those who have been cut.

• Like 2

Even in Chiang Mai when I lived there, foreigners complained that either doctors wouldn't do it or they did it differently. How? I don't know but I doubt hospitals in our area are any different. Personally I'd be making a trip to Bangkok to see a Dr. who did their studies and practice in the US.

You can't be serious....-wai2.gif

• Like 2

Many years there once existed a lady in Thailand who used to circumcise boys,and collect the little pieces of skin.Now when she had enough pieces of skin she would make magic womans purses or Mens wallets with them.

Why i can hear you all ask were they magic?They were indeed magic because if you rubbed the purses or wallets up and down they turned into suitcases.

• Like 1

No. This is serious. Lower HIV infection risk is proven.

http://aids.about.com/b/2013/04/17/study-reveals-how-male-circumcision-reduces-hiv-risk.htm

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I have seen a documentary about this. risk of HIV infection is lowered if you have had the snip. it is something to do with the skin that attaches the end of the penis to the outside skin part. in circumcised men this piece of skin is removed. this piece of skin has a weaker lining than normal, and so infection can penetrate the skin easier.

• Like 1

Why would you want to amputate a perfectly healthy body part, unless you have a religious compulsion to do so? Let him choose for himself when he is older.

Because he won't choose it when he is older. Never had, never missed. There are proven health benefits of circumcision. In my view, this is a valid choice for the PARENTS (either way).

• Like 1

Not to my mind a decent idea, snipping bits off of his appendage thus in later years he may well blame you for being a trifle lacking in that area.

You or rather your son will never know what he's got till he's lost it !!whistling.gif

I mourn the loss of my foreskin...been in therapy for years. Joined men's group danced naked, primal screaming, open fires, but it wouldn't grow back. Joined a women's circumcision group and found myself in them.

• Like 2

This is a divisive issue. Please people respect the decision of the parents, either way:

As both a personal and public health matter, circumcision is clearly in men’s best interest. But intactivists, predictably, aren’t having any of it. Like anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists, anti-circumcision activists reject all science that doesn’t fit their angry, victimized orthodoxy.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2013/09/intactivists_online_a_fringe_group_turned_the_internet_against_circumcision.html

Edited by Jingthing

This is a divisive issue. Please people respect the decision of the parents, either way:

As both a personal and public health matter, circumcision is clearly in men’s best interest. But intactivists, predictably, aren’t having any of it. Like anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists, anti-circumcision activists reject all science that doesn’t fit their angry, victimized orthodoxy.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2013/09/intactivists_online_a_fringe_group_turned_the_internet_against_circumcision.html

So if your parents removed your ears cos you will look better ............. thats OK ?..................whistling.gif

• Like 1

So if your parents removed your ears cos you will look better ............. thats OK ?..................whistling.gif

You don't put your head in dark moist places do you ?

• Like 1

I'm 70 years old and still have mine.....Sure glad of that.

Here is the problem, Boys with a foreskin are not taught to pull it back and wash. That is what causes the problems. It stays constricted because it is not pulled back and then will not go back at the right time because it is too tight.

When the penis is erect, it should pull back and appear just like a circumcised person. The difference is that the forskin protects the meatus (head).

About sensitivity, I can release when I want to. 5 minutes or 3 hours. All the same to me. I try to coordinate with my partner.

Another point, when the forskin is functioning properly, it is fascinating to women..... They actually play with it.

OK, that's enough of that.

• Like 1

Even in Chiang Mai when I lived there, foreigners complained that either doctors wouldn't do it or they did it differently. How? I don't know but I doubt hospitals in our area are any different. Personally I'd be making a trip to Bangkok to see a Dr. who did their studies and practice in the US.

Most of the doctors, even at private hospitals in Bangkok, who claim to have studied and practiced in the US have already graduated from Thailand but done post graduate fellowships in the US or elsewhere abroad. That is just like working as cheap labour as an intern like a lab assistant. It is not a qualification, nor is it practice overseas.

I am not sure how differently a Thai doctor would circumcise an infant boy. An infant's penis is so small that they have no idea how a circumcision will turn out in later life. Some may turn out well. Others not so well. Since the prepuce is attached to the glans in infancy, the circumciser has to rip them apart with significant risk of injury and deformity. The pain and trauma to the child must be unspeakable. There is also a risk of wrongful amputation of the glans or the entire penis (see cases where boys have been brought up as girls as a result) or infection which necessitate amputation. Research seems to indicate a higher risk of HPV or HIV in uncircumcised men but the risk is not nil in circumcised men. Both significantly lower their risk by using condoms with casual partners. There is also a higher risk of penile cancer in uncircumcised men but that is an extremely rare disease and the risk of this needs to be weighed against the risks of circumcision itself.

Circumcision doesn't do anything to reduce the risk in men of HPV infection in the throat, as a result of performing oral sex, and the consequent risk of throat cancer which is a growing problem in the US in this age of sexual equality where women demand their fair share of fun.

I am not quite sure about the concept of respecting parents' wishes. It is not their own healthy body parts they are having amputated.

• Like 1

Most of the doctors, even at private hospitals in Bangkok, who claim to have studied and practiced in the US have already graduated from Thailand but done post graduate fellowships in the US or elsewhere abroad. That is just like working as cheap labour as an intern like a lab assistant. It is not a qualification, nor is it practice overseas.

I am not sure how differently a Thai doctor would circumcise an infant boy. An infant's penis is so small that they have no idea how a circumcision will turn out in later life. Some may turn out well. Others not so well. Since the prepuce is attached to the glans in infancy, the circumciser has to rip them apart with significant risk of injury and deformity. The pain and trauma to the child must be unspeakable. There is also a risk of wrongful amputation of the glans or the entire penis (see cases where boys have been brought up as girls as a result) or infection which necessitate amputation. Research seems to indicate a higher risk of HPV or HIV in uncircumcised men but the risk is not nil in circumcised men. Both significantly lower their risk by using condoms with casual partners. There is also a higher risk of penile cancer in uncircumcised men but that is an extremely rare disease and the risk of this needs to be weighed against the risks of circumcision itself.

Circumcision doesn't do anything to reduce the risk in men of HPV infection in the throat, as a result of performing oral sex, and the consequent risk of throat cancer which is a growing problem in the US in this age of sexual equality where women demand their fair share of fun.

I am not quite sure about the concept of respecting parents' wishes. It is not their own healthy body parts they are having amputated.

Parents make decisions for their kids every day, this is just one of them.....perhaps you think they should ask the baby first what they think every time a decision needs to be made?