BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
davetrout

circumcision

Bottom line -- the opposition to circumcision is overblown but there remain reasonable reasons to do it or not to do it.

It is an archaic procedure thought up by an earth bound guy. Yes/No ?

Yes, it was thought up by earth bound guys in various ancient cultures that didn't have access to steroid creams like betamethasone.

Jewish circumcision, as done with a sharpened stone, was originally not a full circumcision. They just snipped the end off an infant's what's it to ensure retractibility and reduce risk of infections that could be incurable without antibiotics. It was in the early centuries AD that the rabbis got pissed off with Jewish men trying to pass off themselves as gentiles by stretching what was left that they started to prescribe full circumcision. This was a big deal in the Greek cities of Asian Minor that had significant Jewish populations. Greeks worked out and played games naked and didn't welcome obviously circumcised Jewish men into their gyms and social groups. The rabbis wanted Jewish men to keep to their own communities.

Anyway no more from me on this. There are arguments for and against. To amputate or not to amputate. If you have an infant son, the decision is yours. Choose wisely.

Yes, it was thought up by earth bound guys in various ancient cultures that didn't have access to steroid creams like betamethasone.

Jewish circumcision, as done with a sharpened stone, was originally not a full circumcision. They just snipped the end off an infant's what's it to ensure retractibility and reduce risk of infections that could be incurable without antibiotics. It was in the early centuries AD that the rabbis got pissed off with Jewish men trying to pass off themselves as gentiles by stretching what was left that they started to prescribe full circumcision. This was a big deal in the Greek cities of Asian Minor that had significant Jewish populations. Greeks worked out and played games naked and didn't welcome obviously circumcised Jewish men into their gyms and social groups. The rabbis wanted Jewish men to keep to their own communities.

Anyway no more from me on this. There are arguments for and against. To amputate or not to amputate. If you have an infant son, the decision is yours. Choose wisely.

Or let the lad choose wisely. But, if a religion interferes, then what will be will be.

Even in Chiang Mai when I lived there, foreigners complained that either doctors wouldn't do it or they did it differently. How? I don't know

They do it the Thai way and the rest of the world way. The Thai way is to cut the foreskin back to the penis head. A bit like removing the Aardvarks nose. The other way is to remove the skin back to the base of policemans helmet. You really have to ensure that the doctor is fully aware of which one you'd like. Good luck to the op who's having his son done. I feel the benefits out weigh the negative concerning this. My decition to get my son done was not based on religous beliefs.

Even in Chiang Mai when I lived there, foreigners complained that either doctors wouldn't do it or they did it differently. How? I don't know

They do it the Thai way and the rest of the world way. The Thai way is to cut the foreskin back to the penis head. A bit like removing the Aardvarks nose. The other way is to remove the skin back to the base of policemans helmet. You really have to ensure that the doctor is fully aware of which one you'd like. Good luck to the op who's having his son done. I feel the benefits out weigh the negative concerning this. My decition to get my son done was not based on religous beliefs.

So what was your reason.?

Genital mutilation of either sex is invariably due to religion, or the parents of the child having been assaulted (yes I use that word, because that is exactly what it is) having had that proceedure done to themselves. and therefore consider that two wrongs make a right.

• Like 1

If amputation isn't loaded, mutilation certainly is! Classic hot words of anti-circumcision propaganda. In any case, be clear, male circumcision is NOT the same thing as female!

I remember a news report in Malaysia years ago. The doctor tasked his nurse to do the job.

Foreskin successfully removed... along with the knob.

I remember a news report in Malaysia years ago. The doctor tasked his nurse to do the job.

Foreskin successfully removed... along with the knob.

Whoa.!

Sent from my SM-T211 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Genital mutilation of either sex is invariably due to religion, or the parents of the child having been assaulted (yes I use that word, because that is exactly what it is) having had that proceedure done to themselves. and therefore consider that two wrongs make a right.

Do you miss your wittle bit ?...do you hear it talking to you at night ?