circumcision

davetrout

nu really....

the OP asked a question, jsut answer.

there are a zillion forums about pro/cons of circumcision. its not child abuse. if you belong to a religioun that does that, then its the accepted thing, if you dont want to do it, then dont. its a small piece of skin, its not an eye or an ear or a finger. i live in a country where if u dont do it the boy will feel very outsiderish in the army or shower or any where else others might notice. my son, ex , cousins dont complain.they dont even know what is missing.

if you have a choice, then choose just like you choose for your child for many years, from what school he /she will go to, to living and food choices.

there are really worse things that get done to people that do cause damage....

Think you are missing the point. BUT, we all have our opinions on stuff. Forgot, it's not just a piece of skin, it's a human beings piece of skin that belongs to him and nobody else.

What about the tooth that gets pulled because it is growing wrong and causing other teeth to be crooked....nawt reason to remove it other than aesthetics ?

What about those god awful and painful braces for 3 plus years ?

What about mickey mouse ears that get pinned back ?

What about cleft pallet.

No skin off my nose what anybody else thinks, there is enough information about to make the right decision for your child....nobody elses.

The stuff you quote have nothing to do with a medieval ritual.

• Like 1

itchybutthole -

"your kids must be feral" - sounds like you insulting my child, dont know what else you would call it, so stop trying to squirm out of it you disgusting l'il puke

Perhaps you should be the one to cease and desist your cover up.....

Your decisions as a parent lead to a feral child, not the childs decisions...early in life at least.

From what you say and believe, kids should be allowed to make all of their own decisions.....cut loose kids, wild times a coming.

please show me where i said kids should be allowed to make all of their own decisions...i didnt. you are nothing but a coward

• Like 1

dont do it. had to have mine done as a 27 year because of a thrush infection that wouldnt die. man i miss my skin

Man you must be an overly sensitive soul.

You are also a good example of just one reason to have it done early when the child does not know or feel anything about it as you seemed to be unable to keep yourself clean....so much for simple cleanliness techniques.

A long time ago, a tribe was leaving Egypt and had nothing better to do than wander around in the desert for 40 years. Water was scarce, not enough for personal hygiene. Some wise men (and there were plenty of them), reached the conclusion that to avoid growth of fungus and other living things under the foreskin (lack of water and hygiene). let's cut off this breeding ground of undesirable sorts of cheese.

These days, even in arid areas of the planet, some water for personal hygiene is available.

To finally settle this argument: Probably 99% of males living on this globe are NOT circumcised! Does that tell us something?

Cheers.

To finally settle this argument: Probably 99% of males living on this globe are NOT circumcised!

I will give you my house if you can prove such a ludicrous statement. Never heard such <deleted> in all my life. smile.png

Edited by MeMock
  • Like 1

A long time ago, a tribe was leaving Egypt and had nothing better to do than wander around in the desert for 40 years. Water was scarce, not enough for personal hygiene. Some wise men (and there were plenty of them), reached the conclusion that to avoid growth of fungus and other living things under the foreskin (lack of water and hygiene). let's cut off this breeding ground of undesirable sorts of cheese.

These days, even in arid areas of the planet, some water for personal hygiene is available.

To finally settle this argument: Probably 99% of males living on this globe are NOT circumcised! Does that tell us something?

Cheers.

Oy vey dude, you're forgetting Muslims ... and yes, Americans ...

The prevalence of circumcision refers to the proportion of males in a given population who have been circumcised. It does not refer to the proportion of newborn males that are being circumcised today. Estimates of the proportion of males worldwide that are circumcised vary from 16[3] to 13.[4] The World Health Organization (WHO) has estimated that globally 30% of males aged 15 and over are circumcised, with almost 70% of these being Muslim.[5]
  • Like 1

To finally settle this argument: Probably 99% of males living on this globe are NOT circumcised!

I will give you my house if you can prove such a ludicrous statement. Never heard such <deleted> in all my life. smile.png

Your house is safe as houses ...

• Like 1

Medical benefits, decide for yourself,

"The most recent policy statement, released in September 2012, says that the benefits aren’t great enough to recommend routine circumcision of newborns,"

taken from,

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-08-22/circumcision-rate-in-the-u-dot-s-dot-drops-as-societal-attitudes-waver

"In 1999 the Academy once again released a policy statement summing up the potential benefits of the surgery — lower rates of urinary tract infections as well as sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV — but was still reluctant to advocate circumcision, saying that more evidence was needed to justify such a position from a medical perspective. The AAP advised parents instead to make the decision based on their cultural or religious beliefs."

Taken from,

http://healthland.time.com/2013/08/22/explaining-the-drop-in-circumcision-rates/

• Like 1

Medical benefits, decide for yourself,

"The most recent policy statement, released in September 2012, says that the benefits aren’t great enough to recommend routine circumcision of newborns,"

taken from,

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-08-22/circumcision-rate-in-the-u-dot-s-dot-drops-as-societal-attitudes-waver

"In 1999 the Academy once again released a policy statement summing up the potential benefits of the surgery — lower rates of urinary tract infections as well as sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV — but was still reluctant to advocate circumcision, saying that more evidence was needed to justify such a position from a medical perspective. The AAP advised parents instead to make the decision based on their cultural or religious beliefs."

Taken from,

http://healthland.time.com/2013/08/22/explaining-the-drop-in-circumcision-rates/

Good link.

I like this part of it which you didn't mention:

In a study published in August 2012, researchers said reduced rates of circumcision may boost U.S. health-care costs by $4.4 billion if rates plunge to levels seen in Europe, where only 10 percent of boys are circumcised. The study, published in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, was led by Aaron Tobian, a health epidemiologist and pathologist at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore.

“The advocacy against circumcision has been highly vocal, and they have done a better job of communicating to the lay public than scientists have,” Tobian said. He wasn’t involved in today’s study.

Let's try this:

China/India (1/3) of world population = no circumcision.

Europe: No circumcision

North and central america: No circumcision

South america: No circumcision

Africa: Thanks to to massive intervention by health-organisations, today probably less than 15 %.

To believe that 100 % of the male population of islamic-believe are circumcised is a fairytale. (Causes much laughter among present day Arabs, that have come into contact with the rest of the world.)

That brings us back into the percentage I originally stated.

Cheers.

MeMock: I don't want your house. I already have one.

the biggest load of <deleted> i ever heard was that there is a god. i mean, have you ever heard such insufferable guff?

By all accounts there is about a dozen up there all with different ideas. Well thats what this lot on the ground tell us. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

According to Wiki, today an ESTIMATED 30% of adult males in the World are circumcised. The number appears to be falling particularly in Western countries. Interestingly the estimated number for Thailand is 13%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_circumcision

Thailand is only about 4 percent Muslim and about .000000000000000000000000000001 percent Jewish, so that means there a lot of Thais who are going for the snip without religious/tribal motivations!

Yeah the procedure is declining in the west because of the success of the overblown anti-circumcision scare mongering. I reckon it's on the rise in AFRICA though due to the proven prevention benefit against HIV for heterosexual males.

Edited by Jingthing

According to Wiki, today an ESTIMATED 30% of adult males in the World are circumcised. The number appears to be falling particularly in Western countries. Interestingly the estimated number for Thailand is 13%.

Don't be silly barrybankruad - it is less then 1% remember. Swissie said so!

• Like 1

Facts are stubborn things.

Facts are stubborn things.

My estimate never included the results of the Diaspora. Including this, of course the percentage must be higher! But never 30 % ! NEVER.

My occasional excursions to Pattaya have revealed, that ladies in the entertainment business seem to have a particular dislike of circumcised men. Next time I shall ask "Why", in spite of knowing the answer already.smile.png

Cheers.

My estimate never included the results of the Diaspora. Including this, of course the percentage must be higher! But never 30 % ! NEVER.

My occasional excursions to Pattaya have revealed, that ladies in the entertainment business seem to have a particular dislike of circumcised men. Next time I shall ask "Why", in spite of knowing the answer already.smile.png

Cheers.

You said this as below. That is totally unambiguous.

So you're backing down from your "global" estimate of 99 percent, eh? Good! Because it was ridiculous.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Circumcision is great for lazy folk who do not like to shower/clean so much. Few days with a full penis without a nob wash and it can be a bit on the smelly side. As a guy who showers virtually every day I am quite happy with a non-mutilated phallus. As for the medical tests, i don't know, sounds like the kind of medical theory that in 50 years could be researched again and proven to be the complete opposite to original thoughts and analysis.

Another article on the subject.

http://open.salon.com/blog/judy_mandelbaum/2012/07/27/africas_male_circumcision_crusade_boon_or_boondoggle

I reckon it's on the rise in AFRICA though due to the proven prevention benefit against HIV for heterosexual males.

How about posting up some links to your claim JT.

You can find many.

Your link features an interview with a dedicated anti-circumcision propagandist. Hard to take that seriously at all.

Not suggesting that everyone in the world do this. The mention about Africa was in context of male circumcision becoming more popular there.

http://carnalnation.com/content/58581/1133/making-cut-circumcision-africa?page=0,1

These days, when I think about male circumcision in Africa, I crystallize the problem in a hypothetical situation. Suppose there's a boy—let's call him Ndoda—who I first encounter at birth. I get to decide whether Ndoda is circumcised, and I try to imagine his reaction when he's older. Suppose I circumcise Ndoda; how likely is he to resent me for it later in life?

On the other hand, suppose I don't circumcise Ndoda. Suppose I say that he can make the decision to get circumcised himself, once he reaches the age of consent. Then suppose he has sex at age 15 and contracts HIV. Will Ndoda thank me for my attempt to respect his bodily integrity, or will he hate me for leaving him more vulnerable to the deadly virus?

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jul/21/news/la-heb-hiv-prevention-circumcision-07212011

A circumcision campaign in a South African township cut new HIV infections among the treated men by 76%, researchers reported Wednesday. The simple operation provides a way to make major inroads in the HIV transmission rate in countries where the infection rate is very high, researchers said, and provides a cost-effective way to slow the pandemic.
Edited by Jingthing

Those here who have had it done via their ''ritual'' will always defend it. Nooooooooo question. rolleyes.gif

The "ritual" like having it done in a modern hospital by a trained surgeon?

As you know I am not a religious guy but I know you probably were cut about cos of a ritual. I do believe your custom is to have a party where toddlers are cut about in a ritual. Is that correct ?