Untouchable: Tartan Pimpernel Walter Douglas taunts drugs cops while living high life on Thai island

'A man once suspected of being one of Britain’s biggest drug barons toasts his new life in Thailand and brags that he beat an ­international manhunt.

Walter “Wacky” Douglas, who once faced a £150million money-laundering charge, was on Interpol’s Most Wanted list and was quizzed over the murder of a Great Train Robber.

Now the 52-year-old “Tartan Pimpernel” – once described by police as Scotland’s main drugs dealer – has been found by Sunday People ­investigators running a ­nightclub on the Thai island of Koh Samui.'

continued ... http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/tartan-pimpernel-walter-douglas-taunts-2343200

"They seek him here, they seek him there that damned, elusive pimpernel."

Something tells me his luck is about to change for the worse. The Thais are happy to let foreign criminals live in luxury in their country as long as pay off the police and keep their mouths shut. But they don't like the loss of face when it becomes widely known they are happily harbouring the scum of the earth.

Appears he is an innocent man. biggrin.png

From a legal standpoint it does appear so, since interpol expressly state that there is no warrant outstanding for him and any prior cases were thrown out of court - he's never been proven guilty of anything in a fair court from the looks of it.

Honestly this does look like character-assassination-on-a-slow-news-day for the Mirror so I'm surprised the precis of the article and the link remain given the stance of Thai law on publishing text that could be considered libellous (or 'damaging to business' whether it be true or not).

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 2

Appears he is an innocent man. biggrin.png

From a legal standpoint it does appear so, since interpol expressly state that there is no warrant outstanding for him and any prior cases were thrown out of court - he's never been proven guilty of anything in a fair court from the looks of it.

Honestly this does look like character-assassination-on-a-slow-news-day for the Mirror so I'm surprised the precis of the article and the link remain given the stance of Thai law on publishing text that could be considered libellous (or 'damaging to business' whether it be true or not).

Read the article correctly he was sentenced to 4 years in Holland then obtained bail then fled to Spain as for no warrant outstanding he managed to stay out of sight till the warrant expired.

Appears he is an innocent man. xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

yes if he was found innocent in the court then i do noot see that he is boasting about the things he was convicted for but maybe boasting that he was innocent which there is nothing wrong with boasting about your inoccents. If the court says you are innocent then you are and acase closed.

Seems to be 2 courts back home trial by law then trial by media

Appears he is an innocent man. biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

Read the article correctly he was sentenced to 4 years in Holland then obtained bail then fled to Spain as for no warrant outstanding he managed to stay out of sight till the warrant expired.

You want to read the article properly,,, the conviction was quashed due to illigalities by the Dutch authorities.

The guy has not been convicted and it's low level reporting like this that stopped me buying newspapers years ago.

ALL the authorities throughout Europe have confirmed he is not wanted, so why the character assassination ?

• Like 2

Doesn't really matter what he done in the past

If old news reports try to stop the business of someone trying to earn legitimate money then information about anyone's past should not be broad casted

Imagine if every business owner has to have a full public back ground check

As to full divorce marriage check to how many times they got expelled from

School to how much trouble they got into and what they formally worked as

I would not like my past dragged all over the media no matter how interesting the public find it

Also from my own experience

News papers go from one extent of twisting the truth the full lies

I have my own experience with this so please do not base any news paper are article as fact at the same time neither is ones own account with a auto biography

When people wrote they write to sell so they have incentive to boost up the facts.

• Like 1

Appears he is an innocent man. Posted Image

U don't need to read it correctly as most of the newspaper specially the mirror print anything to sell papers

Put it this way of there are gaps in the journalists story then they have no problem with filling them in

• Like 2

If old news reports try to stop the business of someone trying to earn legitimate money then information about anyone's past should not be broad casted

I would not like my past dragged all over the media no matter how interesting the public find it

I have my own experience with this so please do not base any news paper are article as fact at the same time neither is ones own account with a auto biography

When people wrote they write to sell so they have incentive to boost up the facts.

Big C really can spell !

No man is untouchable. He is just undesirable and unwanted.

Entitled to your opinion, but mine is that I'm personally happy to live in the same country as people that have not been convicted of any crime. Unless you're in a position to make judgement about who is allowed to live in Thailand?

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 2

Screw the drug charges. Forget the murder suspicions. Never mind the bail jumping.

He's working in a nightclub job that could be done by a Thai. Get a rope.

wait a minute. This is where the fact start to look a bit misty. Questioned for murder does not mean he

1 did it

2 was even charged

3 was found guilty.

When there is a murder police question everybody. If you best friend was to be killed right now i while you are in your home country then you would be questioned also as routine.

not to mention that building a business with this job crisis on hand and employing thai and forang staff helps samui

Edited by BigC

No man is untouchable. He is just undesirable and unwanted.

Entitled to your opinion, but mine is that I'm personally happy to live in the same country as people that have not been convicted of any crime. Unless you're in a position to make judgement about who is allowed to live in Thailand?

it would be hard to find any country where people had not either been charged and found not guilty for crimes or charge and found quilty.

As long as they are not sex offenders and their business interests do not prose a threat to me then i dont care either but then again people do not have to be criminals to be a threat to my business

• Like 1

Big C really can spell !

maybe because i have been writing an auto biography. or i have a phantom spell checker that i don't kow about

good luck to him if he has done wrong non of the worlds law enforcement seem to have been capable of getting a conviction. surprised it took so long for the press to "track" him been no secret where he was last few years and he was not shy about who he was.

Having mixed with Russian Mafia and South American cartels i would be more worried about that.

• Like 1