• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

25051089782_f4ec7f5e6d_o.jpgOL218049 by Spike Tennyson, on Flickr

My Olympus E-M1 does not get as many keepers as the very heavy (and expensive) Canon 1D setup I used to use for polo; but I am very pleased with captures it does manage. The 40-150mm Olympus lens works perfectly for sports. And semi-macros, and portraits; such a versatile lens.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

this is at one of the Phuket venues. I went with a friend called Apachai,. He has superstar status and gets us ringside seats but it also means I have to deal with shooting through the ropes

DSC09639.jpg

DSC09649.jpg

DSC09679.jpg

DSC09695.jpg

11 minutes ago, retoohs said:

Thanks gobs. I love shooting Muay Thai but always a battle shooting around or through the ropes. These are the first I've converted to B&W and think it works quite well

It doesn't work quite well old boy. It works phenomenally well.

Good job!

I do agree! :thumbsup:

I think in this case the B&W just points out the essence of the pic: feeling/emotion + structure/shape/volume. Like a concentrate: the eye is not "distracted" by colors touches here and there...

Out of curiosity, and if you don't mind and get some time, please could you post the pic 1 in color at same scale your B&W above. I would be interested to see how it comes in color for comparison...

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

Archived