Hua Hin flooded

webfact

Hua Hin flooded

hhf.jpg

Photo: James Walsh

PRACHUAP KHIRIKHAN: -- Local residents had to be evacuated and motorists were left stranded as torrential rainfall left parts of downtown Hua Hin flooded yesterday.

Heavy downpours turned a busy area of Phetkasem Road into a virtual river, with the area around Soi 102 said to be severely waterlogged, leaving the surrounding area almost impassable to traffic and pedestrians.

Rescue crews worked through the night to evacuate those most affected, with some reports suggesting that more than 70cm of rain fell on Hua Hin in just a few hours.

With torrential rain continuing to fall long into the night on Sunday, there looked to be no respite by Monday morning as more torrential rain continued to fall on the city.

With a severe flood warning already in place for Prachuap Kiri Khan and nearby Phetchaburi, Hua Hin had until now, not been affected by the flooding that has already left large parts of Thailand underwater.

There is also more rainfall forecast for Hua Hin throughout the next couple of days leading to the potential of excess rainfall causing severe problems of large areas of the city.

We’ll bring you more updates as and when we get them.

Please comment and let us know if you have been affected by the recent flooding in Hua Hin. Join our Hua Hin Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/ThaiVisa.HuaHin

tvn.png
-- 2013-10-07

It makes me laugh when people ask "when is the rainy season" and the reply is after son Kran, the water festival. I do not know what your view is but i have lived here for 9 years and as far as im concerned. When it comes to rain here no months compare to September and October.

This is correct! While rain can continue until early December, September & October regularly record the greatest amounts. Especially in October in Hua Hin.

This is quite severe for that city though.

How is Cha-am affected by the flood?

Not too badly at the moment. We`ve had very heavy rain for the past 3 days (and nights) but surprisingly, the drainage system seems to have coped very well! It`s just stopped raining about 2 miniutes ago, but the skies still look very sullen and I think we`ll get some more soon.

It makes me laugh when people ask "when is the rainy season" and the reply is after son Kran, the water festival. I do not know what your view is but i have lived here for 9 years and as far as im concerned. When it comes to rain here no months compare to September and October.

You dead right mate. We are in the part of the world which is pretty well the water supply for the world, they should have a large storm drain to the Sahara and it would be a jungle in a few years, f*^k good idea what

yikes! I hope the people of Hua Hin get through this. I've been to Hua Hin last June and was thankful the weather was not like this, even though I know it was low season (but still too hot). I could only imagine how the flood would look on the street of the guesthouse where I stayed. They were doing some drainage work when I got there so I hope that would help for a bit. ohmy.pngohmy.png I pray for the nice family that owns that guest house and to all those affected by the calamity. The weather is crazy nowadays, don't you think?

UPDATE

These pictures come to us courtesy of Hua Hin resident James Walsh. James tells us that Soi 102 is still flooded but some of the surrounding roads have now been cleared.

We are still awaiting information on how Hua Hin town centre has been affected.

Are you Hua Hin right now? Do you have any pictures of the flooding?

64196_559446200776336_728361149_n.jpg

1381322_559446214109668_1479201395_n.jpg

988303_559446087443014_1965240193_n.jpg

1377278_559446080776348_1131064155_n.jpg

1385779_559446077443015_642897786_n.jpg

1383759_559446150776341_726216696_n.jpg

1390677_559446147443008_432631174_n.jpg

1376393_559446154109674_171877732_n.jpg

• Like 2

Only 1 day to go and all Thailands flood problems will be over. The words of priminister Yinluck Shinawatra last Tuesday when she and an ex priminister said "in 7 days this will all be over"

What she should have said is :-

"We don't know and we don't endeavour to know because we don't care about Thai people. We make these groundless comments to make face and look like we know what we're talking about. We know all about the flood situation around the international business parks because we have spend money on flood monitoring systems in those areas. The companies there (Toyota/Nikon/canon/honda etc) pay me and my brother large amounts of money to operate here so we watch for them.

• Like 1

I am driving from Bangkok to Phuket later this week, with a planned overnight in Hua Hin. I see there is flooding in Hua Hin and pretty much all the way South. I note one comment said forecast is for rain to ease and Hua Hin should be OK this weekend. Any thoughts about the planned road trip to south Phuket?

WEATHER WARNING: More heavy rain expected in Phrachuap Khiri Khan and Gulf of Thailand

After news broke of flooding in downtown Hua Hin early this morning (Oct 7th), the Thai Meteorological Department has issued an advisory weather warning for Phrachuap Khiri Khan. The warning states that low pressure and strong southwestern monsoon winds will hit the region before moving onto the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea.

Heavy torrential rain is then also expected over the lower central part of Thailand, including Bangkok, with severe weather forecast for this evening (October 7th) and into Tuesday (October 8th). Other provinces also included in this latest weather

warning include Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Samut Songkram, and Phetchaburi, with Chanthaburi, Rayong and Chonburi on the eastern seaboard also expected to be hit with heavy rainfall.

In the south, Phang-Na and Phuket are likely to see strong winds, with waves expected to reach in excess of 2 to 3 metres high across the Andaman Sea.

Read the Thai Meteorological Department weather warning in full: http://www.tmd.go.th/en/warningwindow.php?wID=3825

tvn.png
-- 2013-10-07

• Like 1