Hua Hin flooded

webfact

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Yingluck go on record to say that Thai's had no reason for concern this year since the whole country was better off now due to the actions government had taken to prevent flooding during this rainy season?

• Like 1

We just moved from Hua Hin to Chiang Mai last week, guess we got lucky! The one thing I noticed while living there, is that the city planners are morons. They build cement curbs along the roadways with no drainage ability, I've seen manholes that were popping up from the ground after it rained due to the water levels and poor drainage throughout the city. I guess the old adage "You reap what you sow" is in order here, but you would think they would have learned how to deal with this a long time ago.

How is Cha-am affected by the flood?

Its not wai.gif

we had some heavy rain yesterday and the night before now the sun is shinning

True, but the level of water ( swamps, Cha am forest park ...) is very high ; btw, very beautiful !

Hello folks,

Geez, here in the central-northen region, it's as dry as in April and almost as hot. Well, OK, not quite, but still unusually hot.

I haven't seen a single drop of rain in 5 days.

I was planning to take my thai family to Hua-Hin for a 4-day vacation, a long time request. We were supposed to leave tomorrow and now I'm wondering whether this is a good idea or not. How's the situation there now? The picture looks awfully like what we've endured for weeks here in 2011. You people have all my sympathy, I know the feeling.

Also I've heard that whenever there's heavy rainfall over Hua-Hin, the beaches are litterally infested with jellyfish. This would make the stay even more unpleasant since the kids want to enjoy swimming. Truth or rumour?

Any comments and tips from people there are more than welcome, I need to make a decision quick now. This is going to be an expensive vacation, so I wouldn't like it to be ruined.

Thanks in advance.

Just a comment, it's sunny today, only sprinkled a bit yesterday in the late afternoon, and I'm sure the flood water has drained off downtown by now, but rain or not, I would not let kids swim off Hua Hin beach. Besides the jellys, there are razor sharp barnacle encrusted rocks under water off the beach that you cannot see because of the polluted dirty water. If they like to play in the water, get a hotel with a pool or take them to the water park.