16 dead in Buriram horror smash

webfact

And put certain people on the right medication, posting nonsense. Don't you get what happened?-wai2.gif

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what happens when you have a 3rd world country without laws that protect people. Construction workers are expendable because they work for the rich Thais. Nothing new in Thailand about poor people getting killed, if your government doesn't give a dam_n then your days are numbered.

My wife often states that the U.S.A is not that much different from Thailand and they claim to be the top of the world.)

LAUGHABLE(" your wife OFTEN states that the USA is not much different from Thailand") <deleted>. what do you say to your wife ? Yes darling you are correct

• Like 2

That's what happens when you have a 3rd world country without laws that protect people. Construction workers are expendable because they work for the rich Thais. Nothing new in Thailand about poor people getting killed, if your government doesn't give a dam_n then your days are numbered.

Thailand is not a 3rd world country! not underdeveloped as some say before. and surely the people at the top aren't like say counties like surinam or congo. the fact that half the population is underdeveloped is something else. The government is not entirly to blame for this though, (although i think very poorly of the government here) Here they have the money, the brains at top level and the possibilities unlike real 3rd world counties. they are just not using it to the fullest and for the people . ( at least thats what i think, My wife often states that the U.S.A is not that much different from Thailand and they claim to be the top of the world.)

Thailand is a 3rd world country. With a per capita annual income of about 1/10th the US, I have no idea how your wife states that in any way Thailand "is not that much different from the USA." Unless of course she's Thai, and then Thais will always think Thailand is best.

Thailand has almost as many road deaths per year as the US even though it has only about 1/5 the population. That's outrageous, but we've all seen the roads, and how they drive in Thailand. In the US, the roads are great, kept pristine and free of litter, and people actually drive with sanity. They actually obey the laws and you can't bribe a policeman. Fines are stiff.

In the US, it's hard to get a commercial driver's license so that you can drive public transportation or trucks, etc. You actually have to go to school for it and have high limit liability insurance. Drunk driving will land you in jail, cost you a $5,000 fine, and cost you your license for 6 months to a year. Second offense, one year in jail and $10,000 fine and loss of license for 5 years. Killing someone while drunk driving is manslaughter - a crime.

Riding in the back of a pickup is flat out illegal.

I could go on, but Thailand's roads and drivers and habits will guarantee a high death rate until cops can't be bribed and fines are stiff and applied across the board.

well she's been there . seen the infarstructure, seen the poor side, seen the politics and care of government. thailand is a lot smaller than the u.s.a. but Bangkok is a super rich megacity too. multiply this by ten and it's about the same. the u.s.a. is deteriated for vast parts too and nothing compared to europe for example. we laugh at powerlines above the ground or highways all busted up, lack of Healthcare and good education for the poor. and the absolute ridiculous contrats between the rich and the poor.

Edited by myluckythai

Thailand is not a 3rd world country!

Sorry but, a large percentage of it is.

You could use the more modern term of 'a developing nation'........ personally I'm not that keen on the way some parts are developing.

Well according to Wikipedia Thailand is a Newly Industrialised Nation. Honest cheesy.gif

jb1

Thailand is not a 3rd world country! not underdeveloped as some say before. and surely the people at the top aren't like say counties like surinam or congo. the fact that half the population is underdeveloped is something else. The government is not entirly to blame for this though, (although i think very poorly of the government here) Here they have the money, the brains at top level and the possibilities unlike real 3rd world counties. they are just not using it to the fullest and for the people . ( at least thats what i think, My wife often states that the U.S.A is not that much different from Thailand and they claim to be the top of the world.)

Thailand is a 3rd world country. With a per capita annual income of about 1/10th the US, I have no idea how your wife states that in any way Thailand "is not that much different from the USA." Unless of course she's Thai, and then Thais will always think Thailand is best.

Thailand has almost as many road deaths per year as the US even though it has only about 1/5 the population. That's outrageous, but we've all seen the roads, and how they drive in Thailand. In the US, the roads are great, kept pristine and free of litter, and people actually drive with sanity. They actually obey the laws and you can't bribe a policeman. Fines are stiff.

In the US, it's hard to get a commercial driver's license so that you can drive public transportation or trucks, etc. You actually have to go to school for it and have high limit liability insurance. Drunk driving will land you in jail, cost you a $5,000 fine, and cost you your license for 6 months to a year. Second offense, one year in jail and $10,000 fine and loss of license for 5 years. Killing someone while drunk driving is manslaughter - a crime.

Riding in the back of a pickup is flat out illegal.

I could go on, but Thailand's roads and drivers and habits will guarantee a high death rate until cops can't be bribed and fines are stiff and applied across the board.

well she's been there . seen the infarstructure, seen the poor side, seen the politics and care of government. thailand is a lot smaller than the u.s.a. but Bangkok is a super rich megacity too. multiply this by ten and it's about the same. the u.s.a. is deteriated for vast parts too and nothing compared to europe for example. we laugh at powerlines above the ground or highways all busted up, lack of Healthcare and good education for the poor. and the absolute ridiculous contrats between the rich and the poor.

OK, You win. The USA is just as bad as Thailand in every way. cheesy.gif

Here ya go. Show me one single scrap of litter. Remember that the tap water is safe to drink anywhere. Thailand's roads and many other things are downright filthy, smelly, and dangerous.

This thread is about the danger on Thailand's highways. Thailand has almost as many road deaths per year as the US, with about 1/5 the population, and your wife thinks "same same?"

Thailand is damn dangerous. LINK

In the US, Drunk driving will land you in jail, cost you a $5,000 fine, and cost you your license for 6 months to a year. Second offense, one year in jail and $10,000 fine and loss of license for 5 years. Killing someone while drunk driving is manslaughter - a crime.

In the United States the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that 17,941 people died in 2006 in alcohol-related collisions, representing 40% of total traffic deaths in the US. NHTSA states 275,000 were injured in alcohol-related accidents in 2003.[1] The Bureau of Justice Statistics estimated that in 1996 local law enforcement agencies made 1,467,300 arrests nationwide for driving under the influence of alcohol, 1 out of every 10 arrests for all crimes in the U.S., compared to 1.9 million such arrests during the peak year in 1983, accounting for 1 out of every 80 licensed drivers in the U.S.[2][3]

When will those Americans learn ? smile.png