Trash in Thailand

Dancealot

This is Thailand,

In Europe, 1-man-trucks are equipped with a computerised-automatic lever to handle the mobile trashbin(on the left).

A whole crew is on this truck, in Phitsanlulok. On this pick-up they are lucky to have to handle just one bin. Usually there is no bin....

It's amazing to have experienced the contrast between what is being thrown away in the villages and the big smokes.

Big city trash:

IMG_5918.JPG

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny, your mention of "the big smoke" makes me smile. :)

although you refer to the city, it is in the villages where often there is big smoke, burning the garbage due the lack of regular garbage collection service.

we do segregate glass/metal/plastic and sell if can for those recycle guys once it worth the trip...but the rest is burned regularly.

funny, your mention of "the big smoke" makes me smile. smile.png

although you refer to the city, it is in the villages where often there is big smoke, burning the garbage due the lack of regular garbage collection service.

we do segregate glass/metal/plastic and sell if can for those recycle guys once it worth the trip...but the rest is burned regularly.

Thanks, tingtong. You acknowledge the thought i mean to sharethumbsup.gif.

First: more big smoke, trash..

IMG_1002.JPG

First: more big smoke, trash..

what a load of crap... bah.gif

Meaning,... you rule out your extensive picture library, Goshawk?sad.png

ooohh.. touchy !

a subjective bold statement of the obvious for arts sake on a simple image.. & not intended as a put down on you or your quite obvious wonderful ability & talent. You should be well pleased! ...wink.png

(then again.. pick a better subject for a new thread next time, ok? tongue.png )

(then again.. pick a better subject for a new thread next time, ok? tongue.png )

dry.png

please don't let it be, 'Faeces in Thailand'.. that we could not stomach. But if it was, and you posted, and i commented something like.. 'that photo stinks!! xbah.gif.pagespeed.ic.UBlCYNwc5a.webp '

i'd hope you'd get the joke... wink.pngthumbsup.gif

kinda trashy thread ! Let's better move on to more cleaner topics !

handling waste is rudimentary in these latitudes. just get even and acknowledge the efforts they make. Burning trash is actually VERY common in the USA , even when the dumps are less than 10 miles away.

I thought our 9 year old son how to collect metal cans & equipment & and crown caps.....and sell it to the local dumpster for $$CASH$$$

his eyes were as wide as the lid of the trashbin when the money was passed over into his hands . . .

let's stop getting trashy, it's time for a recycable (re-usable because of stoneware) cup of coffee . .

handling waste is rudimentary in these latitudes. just get even and acknowledge the efforts they make. Burning trash is actually VERY common in the USA , even when the dumps are less than 10 miles away.

I thought our 9 year old son how to collect metal cans & equipment & and crown caps.....and sell it to the local dumpster for $$CASH$$$

his eyes were as wide as the lid of the trashbin when the money was passed over into his hands . . .

let's stop getting trashy, it's time for a recycable (re-usable because of stoneware) cup of coffee . .

Thanks for the intrinsic reply, crazygreg44.

And thank you all for your caring thoughts.

wai.gif

xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.iUTh4LcMoY.webp Initially agreed. But after a day or so thought.....i now acknowledge that rubbish does indeed, after all's said & done, belong in a trash can... so lets celebrate this new thread & hope that the OP continues to masterfully fill it with worthy enough images. wai.gif

xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.iUTh4LcMoY.webp Initially agreed. But after a day or so thought.....i now acknowledge that rubbish does indeed, after all's said & done, belong in a trash can... so lets celebrate this new thread & hope that the OP continues to masterfully fill it with worthy enough images. wai.gif

Rubbish is a part of life. Why close your eyes for it. It's here and it will allways be..

• 2 weeks later...

I read this one more time and I came to the conclusion this is not rubbish, you were talking about, crazygreg44.thumbsup.gif

Let's stay rubbishy, then.

This one is dedicated to Oh My Goshawk (courtesy of Kanwin).

cool....xcool.png.pagespeed.ic.r6owfyA6jk.webp but i think many of us get huge enjoyment from viewing your piles of rubbish (you seem to capture them so well) thumbsup.gif

Fine, Goshawk. If it has to be that way..Let it be..

Here's a pile of blethering bottles...wink.png ...

Utter Rubbish...coffee1.gif Notice the center Singha bottle lable, labled upside down..blink.png

IMG_1777.JPG

This one is dedicated to Oh My Goshawk (courtesy of Kanwin).

cool....xcool.png.pagespeed.ic.r6owfyA6jk.webp but i think many of us get huge enjoyment from viewing your piles of rubbish (you seem to capture them so well) thumbsup.gif

Fine, Goshawk. If it has to be that way..Let it be..

Here's a pile of blethering bottles...wink.png ...

Utter Rubbish...coffee1.gif Notice the center Singha bottle lable, labled upside down..blink.png

IMG_1777.JPG

Taking pics of blethering bottles in my backyard...again?

My secrets out now....owwwww

Archived