Thai boy dies from drinking 18 litres of 'holy water'

webfact

Religion is the number one cause of deaths worldwide.

More secular bigotry. Check your facts.

http://who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs310/en/

cheesy.gif That report is from the World Health Organisation who are concerned with diseases. Religion is purposely not on the list as despite it being euphemistically and metaphorically like a disease in many ways, technically it is not virus borne, it is stupidity borne, so it is omitted from this list. If this was not the case, trust me, it would be number one on the list by a LONG LONG way ! It is not secfular bigotry, it is fact. If you wish to ignore facts and keep following the flock of bleating sheep that 'believe' that is your prerogative. I prefer to believe in facts and science. The facts are that religion is responsible for a very large amount of fighting and murders the world over, mostly from Muslim extremists these days but throughout history religion has played a major part in death of people who don't follow the same make believe man in the sky as you do...

You could have a point. That list adds up to about 28 million and 56 million die every year. How do they explain the difference?? Spooky!

• Like 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholics worldwide and especially in underdeveloped countries are just as superstitious as these folks. I am surprised that many Buddhist monks get involved in the pre- Buddhist magic, since the founder never taught magic as part of 'the path'. Guess it is not much different than Catholic priests and monks adopting pre-Catholic religious practices. Sad case, because it is generally known that drinking anything to excess will cause death.

Religion is the number one cause of deaths worldwide. Ban it. And lock the parents up for a long time for killing their son and being idiots.

please speak more politely.......it's only THAINESS. Honestly it's a terrible story

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but thank you, I'll post whatever I choose to, however I choose to, within the "rules" of ThaiVisa.