Non Imm O Multi Refused at KL

Went to KL Embassy 7/10/13 to apply for non imm o year multiple entry based on thai marriage (12 yrs) as I have done successfully many times before.

Produced all the correct documentation as latest requirements on embassy website, including bank book showing 400k

The woman official passed the application back to a male colleague, he looked at it and passed it back to the woman at the front desk and she said they could only give me a single entry.

I asked why as all the paperwork was in order, she said new rules from Foreign Office and directed me to go to local immigration in Thailand for extension of stay.

End of report.

Not happy.

Did you get the single entry? If you have the money their suggestion of getting an extension of stay is the best option. No border runs needed.

It appears KL is now not doing any multiple entry visas.

Savannakhet Laos does them with no financial proof.

Edited by ubonjoe

Yeah, should've gone down this road years ago when the financial req for the extension was only 200k. Now if I can just find someone to lend me 400K for a few months :-))

If your last statement is correct, you should consider yourself lucky to have flim-flammed any kind of visa from them.

• Like 1

Yeah, should've gone down this road years ago when the financial req for the extension was only 200k. Now if I can just find someone to lend me 400K for a few months :-))

"Now if I can just find someone to lend me 400K for a few months :-))"

In the first post you said: "Produced all the correct documentation as latest requirements on embassy website, including bank book showing 400k."

Can't you claim the Baht 400,000 you already have in the bank and live on whatever your source of income is during the period? Or did you just deposit it with the plan to use the money in the bank for monthly expenses?

The comment about lending the money was tongue in cheek, though suffice to say it will be difficult in my financial situation to amass 400k and keep it in the bank for three months, but that's what I need to do now obviously to get the ext. I've been able to live in Thailand and support my wife etc quite happily for the past 18 yrs without 400k in the bank or 40k p/m income, for me it's like someone has moved the goalposts halfway thru the game, the change in rules/policy could have serious consequences for our family life. But like I said it's my fault for not getting the old 200k extensions while they were available, instead I took the some might say lazy option of yearly visa renewals.

Money only has to be in the bank 60 days. Also the 200K was not grandfathered you still would of needed the 400K.

thanx for that Joe, makes me feel a little better that I didn't make a huge error in deciding not to get the ext in the old days :-)

I noticed it was 60 days, but isn't that at the time of application? Surely it would have to continue to be in the bank for a while after ie during processing the application?

Money only has to be in the bank 60 days. Also the 200K was not grandfathered you still would of needed the 400K.

thanx for that Joe, makes me feel a little better that I didn't make a huge error in deciding not to get the ext in the old days :-)

I noticed it was 60 days, but isn't that at the time of application? Surely it would have to continue to be in the bank for a while after ie during processing the application?

You should keep money in the bank. But withdrawing a little should be okay. Ask your immigration office. Also dependent upon where you apply the 30 day wait does not start until the date your permit to stay ends (the majority of offices do it this way). Meaning a 40 day wait if you do it 10 days early.

If you have been married for 12-years and have never applied for a retirement visa based on marriage to a Thai only tells the immigration office that you are working in the Kingdom without a work permit. You need to get a work permit or a retirement visa. It's that simple. Good luck.

I was refused an education visa there and my school told me, that it is because of the stolen visa stamps. Maybe you remember that incident?

So I will avoid KL for the next two years. Anywhere else is better at the moment.

Hi there guys.

Have also the bigger problems as I are Swedish citizen, married in Thailand since 5 -6 year, and live with the same woman for 16 year.

Have NO 400 000 THB to deposite.

How in the hexx should I do this O visa applications in Sweden ?

Are retired with a LOW Swedish pension, as I have lived and working outside Sweden for more than 20 year.

Maybe now it,s time for Western countries to make the same problems for Thai citizen ????

It,s a shame of the The CORRUPTED Thai Govenments to do this and make it, harder for us, who care about our BELOVED family in Thailand!!!

TIME TO STOP TO ACCEPT ALL NEW REGULATIONS FROM THAI IMMIGRATION !

WHAT WILL HAPPENS NEXT ????

IT,s better the Thai governments ask for all our money, and say " stay home in your homecountries !"

Lucky you don't have to do your extension re-newal at Kap Choeng immigration -- says money in the bank for 60 days on the application form but they insist on the money being in the bank for 90 days. I haven't dare confront them with their requirements against the printed details because they have a habit of reminding you just why you are there and exactly what they have the power to do or not do. Also annoying is the constant tapping of the tip box on the desk. ' Joan plon ' the lot of them.....

Lucky you don't have to do your extension re-newal at Kap Choeng immigration -- says money in the bank for 60 days on the application form but they insist on the money being in the bank for 90 days. I haven't dare confront them with their requirements against the printed details because they have a habit of reminding you just why you are there and exactly what they have the power to do or not do. Also annoying is the constant tapping of the tip box on the desk. ' Joan plon ' the lot of them.....

Mmm..one of the reasons I preferred to do yearly visa renewals in the past, it was bad enough just going to local immigration for the letter needed to get driving license etc. But I heard things are better these days especially in areas where officials have a high number of foreigners to deal with ie Phuket?

You should keep money in the bank. But withdrawing a little should be okay. Ask your immigration office. Also dependent upon where you apply the 30 day wait does not start until the date your permit to stay ends (the majority of offices do it this way). Meaning a 40 day wait if you do it 10 days early.

Not sure but dosen't the first Marriage visa have to have the money in the bank for 90 days. The extensions just 60 days?

The police order clearly states 60 days. I would never accept a deviation from that. I would print out police order 777/2551 in Thai and high light the rule that says 60 days and show it to them.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

Not sure but dosen't the first Marriage visa have to have the  money in the bank for 90 days. The extensions just 60 days?

Screen shot of 2.18 of police order 777/2551.

You get a 30 day under consideration stamp (not an extension) that can be 60 days if you do extension 30 days early because most offices start the 30 days from permit to stay date.

post-66997-13813288718377_thumb.jpg

Yes

There have been no reports of any changes there.

Think I'd prefer a report of no changes rather than no report of any changes laugh.png

But seriously UJ, when was the last report of no changes? i.e. no financial requirement and an overnight turnaround or better. Would welcome seeing someone's visa run report for a one year multi non-O.

I do trust Thai banks to a point and have plenty of money in typically 2.9% Thai savings accounts that allow two penalty free withdrawals a month, which allow me to fund self + family by bulk transfer to wife's account from time to time. Would this type of account be allowable evidence for the 400k requirement if i am forced away from non-O and into a marriage extension? Guess i could check that out myself with Sisaket immigration if I have to finish my non-O existence here before Christmas.

I note your comment UJ that an extension is a more appropriate visa than multi non-O. For those of us who travel regularly from our home countries I don't think that is right. Don't assume that all of us non-Oers are just cheap charlies who can't afford to be here in the 1st placetongue.png. That visa was initially designed for those of us who support from abroad rather than live here full time and there should hopefully be a place for it long term (along with the requirement to show that one is actually providing substantive support - I agree with that, provided they don't require the money to be coralled in one type of uneconomic account just to suit their bureaucratic ease).

Keep up the good work !!

• Like 1

I don't actually agree at all with the last comment , why you the male expat should be the main provider and only possible provider for being able to extend a marriage visa . I've got the feeling that morals from Thailand's lawmakers are still in the stone-ages ,except of course upping the requirement levels .

There are many capable Thai females taking care of Expat families ,it's a shame how things turn out even after years of marriage and kids .

Recently I've had some bad luck and already know I'll not be able to extend my extension next year , my options are getting smaller and smaller ,

very depressing really .

• Like 2

Yes

There have been no reports of any changes there.

Think I'd prefer a report of no changes rather than no report of any changes laugh.png

But seriously UJ, when was the last report of no changes? i.e. no financial requirement and an overnight turnaround or better. Would welcome seeing someone's visa run report for a one year multi non-O.

I do trust Thai banks to a point and have plenty of money in typically 2.9% Thai savings accounts that allow two penalty free withdrawals a month, which allow me to fund self + family by bulk transfer to wife's account from time to time. Would this type of account be allowable evidence for the 400k requirement if i am forced away from non-O and into a marriage extension? Guess i could check that out myself with Sisaket immigration if I have to finish my non-O existence here before Christmas.

I note your comment UJ that an extension is a more appropriate visa than multi non-O. For those of us who travel regularly from our home countries I don't think that is right. Don't assume that all of us non-Oers are just cheap charlies who can't afford to be here in the 1st placetongue.png. That visa was initially designed for those of us who support from abroad rather than live here full time and there should hopefully be a place for it long term (along with the requirement to show that one is actually providing substantive support - I agree with that, provided they don't require the money to be coralled in one type of uneconomic account just to suit their bureaucratic ease).

Keep up the good work !!

Do you really think that thailand is going to phase out the non -o multi?

I don't actually agree at all with the last comment , why you the male expat should be the main provider and only possible provider for being able to extend a marriage visa . I've got the feeling that morals from Thailand's lawmakers are still in the stone-ages ,except of course upping the requirement levels .

There are many capable Thai females taking care of Expat families ,it's a shame how things turn out even after years of marriage and kids .

Recently I've had some bad luck and already know I'll not be able to extend my extension next year , my options are getting smaller and smaller ,

very depressing really .[/quote the

Mate, I hear you. If it was not for my daughter, I would love to show these individuals the finger and try to rebuild my life elsewhere. As it is, honest men with families are being inched out by those who care nothing for the consequences and effect it will have both on their country and compatriots.

• Like 1