Molotov cocktails hurled at protesters' tents at Bangkok's Urupong Intersection

webfact

Molotov cocktails hurled at protesters' tents at Urupong Intersection
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Several Molotov cocktails made with energy drink bottles were hurled at tents of protesters led by the People's Army Against Thaksin Regime early Friday morning.

A guard of protesters was slightly injured when he stepped on broken pieces of the bottles.

Police said the bottles stuffed with petrol and ball bearings were apparently threw down from the Urupong Expressway.

Leaflets were also scattered at the scene with wordings criticizing the protesters for causing traffic snarls.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-11

Police said the bottles stuffed with petrol and ball bearings were apparently threw down from the Urupong Expressway.

Last time the thugs launched granades from the same expressway and likewise the police couldnt stop them.

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

Yes I do agree with you that people doing this kind of thing should be punished to the full extent of the law...

I was just wondering just where in this news story did it say that the Molotov cocktails were thrown by these stupid people were following the rabid instructions of a Red Shirt leader? I must have missed that bit, or maybe you like a little embellishing?

If your refering to my post then please dont put words in my post, because I didn't. or maybe you like a little embellishing?

If not then try quoting the post that you are refering to, that would save some confusion.

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

Yes I do agree with you that people doing this kind of thing should be punished to the full extent of the law...

I was just wondering just where in this news story did it say that the Molotov cocktails were thrown by these stupid people were following the rabid instructions of a Red Shirt leader? I must have missed that bit, or maybe you like a little embellishing?

If your refering to my post then please dont put words in my post, because I didn't. or maybe you like a little embellishing?

If not then try quoting the post that you are refering to, that would save some confusion.

No'p wrong, I wasn't referring to your post, therefor wrong again I didn't put words in your post.

as far as confusion goes, well mate I stand by my post, but it seems the confused poster here is you mate,

aussieinthailand, you really must try to attribute the right comments to the right people it was I who made the comments not waza.

If you seek the truth (an unusual occurrence for a Thaksin supporter I know) check out the public domain and you will find the video clips of a Red Shirt leader exhorting people to bring both bottles and inflammable liquids to Bangkok and his stentorian strident comments concerning his idea and plans for burning Bangkok down.

It would indeed seem as if some people are still following his orders as current events so clearly show

Yes mate I know it was you and NOT wazza, I even used your words "rabid instructions from a Red shirt leader" from your post, 2#.

No'p wrong, I wasn't referring to your post, therefor wrong again I didn't put words in your post.

as far as confusion goes, well mate I stand by my post, but it seems the confused poster here is you mate,

Ok thanks for clearing that up m8.

aussieinthailand, you really must try to attribute the right comments to the right people it was I who made the comments not waza.

If you seek the truth (an unusual occurrence for a Thaksin supporter I know) check out the public domain and you will find the video clips of a Red Shirt leader exhorting people to bring both bottles and inflammable liquids to Bangkok and his stentorian strident comments concerning his idea and plans for burning Bangkok down.

It would indeed seem as if some people are still following his orders as current events so clearly show

YES siamploee I know it was your post I was commenting on and not waza,

I even used your words " following the rabid instructions of a red shirt leader" post number 2#

so it seems waza and your self have jumped to an incorrect conclusion?

My bad, i'll try to include the post number I am commenting on next time and save you and waza the confusion.

aussieinthailand post # 14

My bad, i'll try to include the post number I am commenting on next time and save you and waza the confusion.

If you follow the example above you will also find you don't get confused. You should have implemented your plan with that post as a trial run too.biggrin.png

Anyway I am away now to have a wander round the farm and the village as my daily constitutional.cowboy.gif.pagespeed.ce.y-m_vm0YQ5.gif

Edited by siampolee

aussieinthailand post # 14

If you follow the example above you will also find you don't get confused. You should have implemented your plan with that post as a trial run too.biggrin.png

Anyway I am away now to have a wander round the farm and the village as my daily constitutional.cowboy.gif.pagespeed.ce.y-m_vm0YQ5.gif

Not me who was confused, it was you and waza,

enjoy you constitutional.

Or maybe you lack common sense

• Like 1

When the 200-300 anti-Thaksin demonstrators gathered at Government House 12,000 police were called out, this is a ratio of 40-1 In 2009 there were demonstration by anti government demonstrations which numbered at least 50,000 red shirts, this would have taken approximately 2 million police. During the demonstrations 09-10, there was very little police presence. In 08 many yellow shirt demonstrations, some were killed by fragmentation, tear gas canisters, and grenades fired from M79 weapons. Is this another indication that if you are against the Shin Dynasty, be prepared to suffer the consequences. ph34r.pngph34r.png

• Like 2

When the 200-300 anti-Thaksin demonstrators gathered at Government House 12,000 police were called out, this is a ratio of 40-1 In 2009 there were demonstration by anti government demonstrations which numbered at least 50,000 red shirts, this would have taken approximately 2 million police. During the demonstrations 09-10, there was very little police presence. In 08 many yellow shirt demonstrations, some were killed by fragmentation, tear gas canisters, and grenades fired from M79 weapons. Is this another indication that if you are against the Shin Dynasty, be prepared to suffer the consequences. ph34r.pngph34r.png

Hardly surprising...specially as the Shin Dynasty has complete control of the police.

Abhisit was too weak to change that.

• Like 1

Common sense? He comes up with some completely made up story with no basis whatsoever and you call it common sense?

Odd one this. The Thai morning news reported that the suspected cocktail lobbers were suspected (by protesters) to be disgruntled police officers or people with close contacts to police

The alleged line of thinking by the protester was;

The protesters agreed following negotiation with the police to move to Urapong, (which the police suggested as a suitable location), on arrival they were immediately set upon with molatov cocktails. So the line of thought (of the protesters) followed that the people who threw the cocktails must have been given a heads up from those 'in the know' of their movements as the 'attack' was carried out very quickly, and were in effect waiting for them.

Paranoia. Truth, Fiction or reconciliation - You choose what best fits for you.

Edited by jonclark

I refer you to post 23#

I think we all thought the same thing when reading the OP.

It's pretty obvious that this attack came from 'the other side of the fence'.

With regards to red leaders urging supporters to commit mass murder and vile acts of terrorism on their own capital. In any 'civilized' nation he would not make the next 24 hours as a free man and would likely be locked up for life.... But I said, in any 'civilized' society.

• Like 2

ISA enforcement to stay: Pracha
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The enforcement of Internal Security Act will continue in light of the attack on the rally site, Deputy Prime Minister Pracha Promnok said on Friday.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has instructed that security measures be tightened for the duration of the visit of the Chinese premier, Pracha said.

He also blamed a "third party" for trying to stir up trouble by attacking the rally site.

Several Molotov cocktails in energy drink bottles were hurled at tents of protesters led by the People’s Army Against Thaksin Regime early Friday morning.

A guard was slightly injured when he stepped on broken glass.

A bottle bomb was thrown at about 2.30am Friday from a vehicle on the express way. The attackers also threw down handbills with the message: "You make traffic jam, you should find a new area for your rally".

A taxi was damaged and two rally guards were injured by the bomb.

Pracha said he thinks the fire bomb tossed at the People’s Army to Overthrow the Thaksin Regime, which is holding a rally at the Urupong intersection, was the work of a third party and added that the rally site was hard to protect because of its location under the express way.

He also urged police to take care of the protesters. However, he was not considering expanding the scope of the Internal Security Act (ISA) to Urupong intersection and was waiting for an official assessment of the situation.

On Thursday, the anti-government protesters decided to vacate the Government House area and relocate to Lumpini Park. However, a number of protesters voiced disappointment with the decision and continued to congregate near the Nang Lerng area before moving on to Urupong intersection, which is not covered by the ISA for Dusit, Pomprap Sattruphai and Phra Nakhon districts.

Police were coordinating with the Expressway Authority of Thailand and had asked for CCTV camera footage to help hunt down the bombers.

Police said the bottle bombs were filled with that paraffin oil and didn't contain any explosives so it was likely that the bombers only wanted to bully the protesters.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-11

ISA enforcement to stay: Pracha

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The enforcement of Internal Security Act will continue in light of the attack on the rally site, Deputy Prime Minister Pracha Promnok said on Friday.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has instructed that security measures be tightened for the duration of the visit of the Chinese premier, Pracha said.

He also blamed a "third party" for trying to stir up trouble by attacking the rally site.

Several Molotov cocktails in energy drink bottles were hurled at tents of protesters led by the People’s Army Against Thaksin Regime early Friday morning.

A guard was slightly injured when he stepped on broken glass.

A bottle bomb was thrown at about 2.30am Friday from a vehicle on the express way. The attackers also threw down handbills with the message: "You make traffic jam, you should find a new area for your rally".

A taxi was damaged and two rally guards were injured by the bomb.

Pracha said he thinks the fire bomb tossed at the People’s Army to Overthrow the Thaksin Regime, which is holding a rally at the Urupong intersection, was the work of a third party and added that the rally site was hard to protect because of its location under the express way.

He also urged police to take care of the protesters. However, he was not considering expanding the scope of the Internal Security Act (ISA) to Urupong intersection and was waiting for an official assessment of the situation.

On Thursday, the anti-government protesters decided to vacate the Government House area and relocate to Lumpini Park. However, a number of protesters voiced disappointment with the decision and continued to congregate near the Nang Lerng area before moving on to Urupong intersection, which is not covered by the ISA for Dusit, Pomprap Sattruphai and Phra Nakhon districts.

Police were coordinating with the Expressway Authority of Thailand and had asked for CCTV camera footage to help hunt down the bombers.

Police said the bottle bombs were filled with that paraffin oil and didn't contain any explosives so it was likely that the bombers only wanted to bully the protesters.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-10-11

So the police are playing it down as just a bit of light-hearted bullying.

Not the fact that parrafin is flammable and was thrown at tents which in my experience are actually made from flammable material. With people likely to be asleep in them judging by the time.

Hmmmm. So nothing too dangerous there then.

Why is it that whenever someone opens their mouth in this country, bullshit comes out.

• Like 1