Suzuki Raider R 150?

KanomPang

Its the same for the Honda XRM 125 they sell in the Phils....great bike but not seen anywhere here. They are as common as pig shit in the Phils, partially cause they are so reliable and you can fit a family of 5 on no sweat. Good resale too.

I had one and it was quicker than my Honda XR200 and a dam_n side more comfortable too. Now Im looking to find a street legal, with green book CRF 450..... dreams are free (as they say), but I live in hope

The Raider was Hondas competition when I was in the Phils

XRM is the Nice here isn't it, a few 125cc models, mostly 110. But you can bore them up to 150-180cc easily and well past 200cc if you have the $ and time to keep it maintained.

The XRM came in 2 models, the first model was more designed for rougher roads and had a high front fender like trail bikes and then they (Philippine Honda) released the Honda XRM RS which I believe stood for Road Style. The RS version does look a lot like the Honda Nice that you see here. And yes both the RS and Nice have 110 and 125cc versions

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just came back from the dealer.

price is 69.000 plus 1.000 for green book and insurance.

3 years warranty on engine.

finance: 25.000 down.

installments 2 years 2.770/month

1 year 4.640/month

they look great, but for 70k I could get 2 old models in spotless condition...

I'm not going to bite on this one.

Why would anyone buy a Suzuki? There is no resale market on them. There is just no reason to buy one over a Yamaha or a Honda. Buy a Click or a PSX is the bottom line.

As I mentioned above, I made my choice six years ago. I could have had a Honda Sonic, a four speed clutch bike with a 125cc engine for 45000 baht, or a Suzuki Raider, a six speed clutch bike with a 150cc engine for 45000 baht. I chose the Suzuki and haven't regretted it.

Resale wasn't a consideration since I'm the sort who drives my cars, trucks and bikes until they wear out, and since I stay up on maintenance they don't wear out for a long time. Also, absence of a resale market makes a bike much less attractive to thieves.

I don't think you can get a Click or PSX with a manual transmission and clutch, and some people really prefer clutch bikes. I also don't know how much they cost, but I'll wager that if Suzuki does bring back the Raider it will be competitively priced.

A bit off topic, but I was at the Meechok Plaza used bike market recently and there were many Honda Sonics for sale in the 18 to 35k prive range.

The market is only open on the weekends smile.png

The rumchoke ( Meechoke next door does not have bikes ) bike market is now open all week .

They come in a limited edition, numbering 1.960something...to check the market and then eventually import more. But the price will stay the same I've been told.

They're imported from the Philippines.

Why on earth are they importing them from the Philippines ?? surely Suzuki still has a factory in Thailand

they could avoid the stupid import/excise taxes the price would be much more resonable say 55,000 baht and they would sell a lot more.

1 year 4.640/month

I paid 45 000 for mine six years ago. I realize there has been some inflation, but not that much. Are the new models significantly improved?

I don't think they changed much tbh

There's a guy on craigslist that sells them for 57k to the fist 20 buyers. Maybe worth checking out...

the only one I could find says 65,900 Baht

Ludracar Yanyut (Discount Motorcycles) has just received our first shipment of new Suzuki Raider R150s and are selling our first 20 at special offer for 65,900 THB.

1 year 4.640/month

I paid 45 000 for mine six years ago. I realize there has been some inflation, but not that much. Are the new models significantly improved?

Heybruce,

Which dealer did you go to??? When I saw all the new advertising stuff released on Suzuki Society website I took it into the dealer (on the Mae Rim Road) and he told me they didn't have any, couldn't tell me the prices etc... and to come back in mid January when they would have them coming in???

Help??? Desperate for one sad.png

Duncan

1 year 4.640/month

Heybruce,

Which dealer did you go to??? When I saw all the new advertising stuff released on Suzuki Society website I took it into the dealer (on the Mae Rim Road) and he told me they didn't have any, couldn't tell me the prices etc... and to come back in mid January when they would have them coming in???

Help??? Desperate for one sad.png

Duncan

Sorry, I bought mine at a small place on walking street/Ratcha Damnoen that doesn't sell motorbikes anymore.

I don't think they changed much tbh

There's a guy on craigslist that sells them for 57k to the fist 20 buyers. Maybe worth checking out...

the only one I could find says 65,900 Baht

Ludracar Yanyut (Discount Motorcycles) has just received our first shipment of new Suzuki Raider R150s and are selling our first 20 at special offer for 65,900 THB.

Yes, sorry....I quoted from memory...

1 year 4.640/month

I was very surprised to see that the new ones are not fuel injected, but still use a carb..

OMG they look even better in the flesh, from the internet blurb I thought the blue/yellow suited it better and the red was a bit understated but think I've changed my mind, can't wait for them to finally make it all the way up to CM, although you'd have thought being the supposed '2nd city' of Thailand that there would have been a pretty much simultaneous launch, oh well as they say 'This Is Thailand'.

You mean the one thats on the TV site, has done 45,000km, and has been bastardised into looking like something from 'scrapheap challenge'??? I'm sure it's probably tidy but these things were made for street racing, weren't they? Not trying to compete with CRF250's off road???

Saw a couple outside a shop in khonkaen they look great but the price is putting me off getting one.

I'm still staggered that these have been spotted in BKK, Chachengsao and now Khon Kaen, but Chiang Mai is still dry of Raiders, unbelievable!!! hahaha

I'm still staggered that these have been spotted in BKK, Chachengsao and now Khon Kaen, but Chiang Mai is still dry of Raiders, unbelievable!!! hahaha

There are lots at Mityon, Pattaya........

..........and there's even one in my front room. rolleyes.gif

post-37414-0-74937100-1385614338_thumb.jpost-37414-0-17648200-1385614328_thumb.j

There are lots at Mityon, Pattaya........

..........and there's even one in my front room. rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif alt=rolleyes.gif width=20 height=20>

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gDSC_0041.jpgattachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gDSC_0036.jpg

Lucky bugger, look awesome in the pics and best place for a bike in the lounge I reckon!!!

1 in a 1,000,000 question but does anybody know why you can buy the above in the Philippines but not in Thailand (boo) they look bloody awesome!!!

Going to Suzuki dealer in CM but not showing on their website so pretty sure they aren't selling them here.

Saw one at a shop the other day; brand new from indonesia

Shop wanted nearly 70k for it though

Not fi, maybe thats why they dont sell them here

Ironically thailand has extremely stringent emission regulations

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Congratulations on your nice new shiny red Raider

Which Mityon in Pattaya has them ?

They have them in stock at the main Mityon on the corner of Pattaya Tai and Third Road - Red and Blue.

I stand to be corrected, but it seems to me that these are made in Thailand?

Not only that, but they never stopped making them and exporting them to PI, Malaysia and Indonesia, with name variations like Belano and Satria.

There they are often raced and there are many exotic accessories and performance parts.

In Thailand, we have Racing Boy if you can find a dealer, but I haven't found the good stuff yet?

They have them in stock at the main Mityon on the corner of Pattaya Tai and Third Road - Red and Blue.

Not only that, but they never stopped making them and exporting them to PI, Malaysia and Indonesia, with name variations like Belano and Satria.

There they are often raced and there are many exotic accessories and performance parts.

In Thailand, we have Racing Boy if you can find a dealer, but I haven't found the good stuff yet?

Where can I find these accessories and performance parts?

There is a good group on Facebook called (originally) Suzuki Raider 150, based in the PI, and every bike is dripping with aftermarket parts and bolt ons... As for any dealers of such goodies if you do find out let us know, cheers ^_^

As I'm still waiting for my Raider, what are the engines like, I mean have they got a bit of go in them...

There is a good group on Facebook called (originally) Suzuki Raider 150, based in the PI, and every bike is dripping with aftermarket parts and bolt ons... As for any dealers of such goodies if you do find out let us know, cheers happy.png

As I'm still waiting for my Raider, what are the engines like, I mean have they got a bit of go in them...

Man, 150cc with DOHC! Plenty of juice in them.

Why do you think the kids use them to race?

Where can I find these accessories and performance parts?

I'm still looking.

PI has a lot, but it's proving difficult to pin anyone down on detail and secure shipping.

I'm going to AC for Songkran so I hope to find out by then.

Malaysia looks a better bet, again subject to shipping as I don't intend to go there.

I did get a sighting of a shop in Hat Yai on FB, but I lost it somehow.

I don't plan on doing much with the engine but there are 'breathing' mods recommended - I just don't want to be paying the BiB for a noisy exhaust- I have one on my D-Tracker and they haven't pulled me in 3 years, but noisy small bikes they are very keen on.

The rearsets look interesting as the gear lever is too short for my big foot and I don't use the kick down.

post-37414-0-04423700-1385782735_thumb.j

The kickstart is off already - for what?

There's a Fender Eliminator in PI which looks nice, but you've got to work out where to put the number plate.

post-37414-0-22412800-1385782757_thumb.j

I've only been around town so far

It's very light and nimble and feels torquey even 3 up. tongue.png

Archived